The Peep Show

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another good scene, although I forget the episode, is one where its late at night at their flat, and Jezz is making himself a secret hot drink by making sure he doesn't ding the spoon when stirring his hot mug. And then Mark appears and accuses him of making hot drinks for years without bothering to ask him.

Plus, a scene where insecure Mark buys a 9" dildo (for Dobby) and gives it a nick name called "Kenneth". I mean I'm no expert on these things, but who give nicknames to sex toys? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
After this thread reminding me how amazing Peep Show is, and the recommendation of the dinner party from hell with ‘Moroccan’ food, I rewatched the last series last night 😍. It is was amazing and the last episode had such a fitting but subtle ending. Favourite line of the series “Who’s watching the hostage?” Then Angus trying to escape. I am going to rewatch from series one again over the rest of Easter 😉👍🏻

Reactions: 5
Have just been watching S1 again, and another deeply philosophical & deeply moving quote from Jeremy :-

I'm a dirty hobbit and she's a sexy elf, so she might be "Ohh, you dirty hobbit. Take off my bodkin and my jerkin." Oh yeah, pixie ears. But that sword, what if she was a hobbit slayer? I'd just use my enchanted amulet. Oh yeah... yield to me, hobbit slayer, you will touch my magic cock!
(as he masturbates over the front cover of one Mark's fantasy art magazines.

Which reminds me of another episode where Jeremy is donating sperm at a sperm bank, but finds there's no "adult" magazines to raise his hopes, so to speak. So he takes out a £20 from his wallet and uses that instead

OK Queenie, it's back in the 50s, you're nice and young, you've just been coronated, I'm taking off your cloak... No, leave the crown on. Ooh, what's this? Stockings? You've been getting through your nylon ration book pretty quickly, you naughty, sexy Queen!
He really is a disgusting degenerate, but a rather lovable disgusting degenerate at that :LOL:

• Haha
Not watched it for ages but I always remember that episode where they give superhans 5 grans of coke to "calm him down" 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
After this thread reminding me how amazing Peep Show is, and the recommendation of the dinner party from hell with ‘Moroccan’ food, I rewatched the last series last night 😍. It is was amazing and the last episode had such a fitting but subtle ending. Favourite line of the series “Who’s watching the hostage?” Then Angus trying to escape. I am going to rewatch from series one again over the rest of Easter 😉👍🏻
every time i see this episode it just reminds me of come dine with me :LOL: and that awful "cocktail"

• Haha
Reactions: 4
every time i see this episode it just reminds me of come dine with me :LOL: and that awful "cocktail"
It reminds me of what a cheapskate Mark really is!

Didn't he buy a pair of kitchen tongs for Dobby? (And the promise of a gold chain, that was currently "stuck in the post"). Also his make-shift meals for dinner party guests, including baked beans, and cheese marked with a blue felt-tip pen to make it look like Blue Stilton cheese!

I'm sure there are other examples of his ruthless tightfistedness, despite have a good (former) job with JLB - i.e. not allowing Jez to use the electric fan heater; or preventing Jez from ramping up the Central Heating to 29C (in order to give the boiler something to aim for, according to Jez:ROFLMAO:)

• Haha
It reminds me of what a cheapskate Mark really is!

Didn't he buy a pair of kitchen tongs for Dobby? (And the promise of a gold chain, that was currently "stuck in the post"). Also his make-shift meals for dinner party guests, including baked beans, and cheese marked with a blue felt-tip pen to make it look like Blue Stilton cheese!

I'm sure there are other examples of his ruthless tightfistedness, despite have a good (former) job with JLB - i.e. not allowing Jez to use the electric fan heater; or preventing Jez from ramping up the Central Heating to 29C (in order to give the boiler something to aim for, according to Jez:ROFLMAO:)
He was a cheapskate but also paying for Jez so probably didn’t have as much money as he should! He did splash out and buy the creamy elephant though 😂

Reactions: 3
He was a cheapskate but also paying for Jez so probably didn’t have as much money as he should! He did splash out and buy the creamy elephant though 😂
Good point. I suppose subsidizing Jeremy's lifestyle would put limitations on Mark's expenditure. But if you were Dobby would you be impressed with a pair of kitchen tongs from your boyfriend? :LOL:

• Haha
Good point. I suppose subsidizing Jeremy's lifestyle would put limitations on Mark's expenditure. But if you were Dobby would you be impressed with a pair of kitchen tongs from your boyfriend? :LOL:
Weren't the tongs 2 for 1 and he gave the other pair to Jez 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Slightly off-topic, but have just finished watching the first season of "Back" with Dave Mitchell (Mark) and Robert Webb (Jezz).

It's kind of okay I guess. Amusing at times, but it follows the more typical (less edgy?) sitcom route. And even though both Mitchell and Webb are essentially playing different characters, you just can't help but wait for a bit of Peep Showism to come screaming out of the rather middling script. And I would guess both guys knew it would be difficult to shake off their hugely popular PS characters here.

If you haven't seen Peep Show, then this sitcom will be quite entertaining, with some quite creative dark humour/drama mixed in for cool effect. But for me, it was just okay, especially with some supporting characters appearing and disappearing, never to be seen of again after only an episode or two!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Slightly off-topic, but have just finished watching the first season of "Back" with Dave Mitchell (Mark) and Robert Webb (Jezz).

It's kind of okay I guess. Amusing at times, but it follows the more typical (less edgy?) sitcom route. And even though both Mitchell and Webb are essentially playing different characters, you just can't help but wait for a bit of Peep Showism to come screaming out of the rather middling script. And I would guess both guys knew it would be difficult to shake off their hugely popular PS characters here.

If you haven't seen Peep Show, then this sitcom will be quite entertaining, with some quite creative dark humour/drama mixed in for cool effect. But for me, it was just okay, especially with some supporting characters appearing and disappearing, never to be seen of again after only an episode or two!
yeah I agree, I have seen a couple of episodes and think if I had watched it before peep show I would like it more but as it is it is just a let down, let's be honest nothing will match up to peep show!

I think this is very fair. There are a few laugh out loud moments but it doesn't have the magic of Peep Show! It's quite watchable to kill an evening with though.

Reactions: 4
I love Mark's total meltdown when he has a go at Jeremy for "forgetting" to buy the Christmas turkey :ROFLMAO:

(Be warned - turn your volume down a touch: LOTS of F bombs ahead!! (y) )

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I love this scene, you can just feel the awkwardness from their faces

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

The scene at the end lmao. ‘They can laugh because they think I pissed myself. They have no clue I came in my pants’ 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9