Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Im not ok

love everyone’s knowledge and wish I could understand it as-well as yous but would someone mind explaining in simple terms what is going on 🤦🏼‍♀️ is he innocent? Did the police officers do something wrong? Why is it actually taking so long since they arrested him not long after the murders

Reactions: 17

Boogs

VIP Member
Weren’t BF and DM 19 when the murders happened? Yes they were over 18 so legally classed as adults but definitely still teenagers. Maybe DM was high? I’m sure lots of 19 year old college students are high on a weekend 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know the world wants to understand why it took so long for the police to be called. I think it’s a simple as they didn’t know and were probably asleep all morning.
I think there is so much focus on the survivors and what they did or didn’t do. What they didn’t do was murder their friends. The responsibility for that lies with the murderer.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Islawight

Chatty Member
What's everyone's thoughts on the house being demolished? Steve goncalves an a lot of people think it should stay up until after the trial, just in case it's needed. Then there's the chapins saying it should go so their kids an others at U of I can move on. Honestly I see both sides to it, always better to keep it in case its needed in future, but surely the prosecution an defence must have everything they need from it or they wouldn't be letting this move forward.
Must be crazy to be a neighbour and having to drive past all the time. But I also think it should stay up until after the trial. No one involved can really ‘move on’ until then anyway. Like you, I see both sides.

Reactions: 15

ot55

VIP Member
At first I thought it was a bad idea to tear it down before the trial, however, I’ve been reading on Reddit about it and have changed my mind.

Apparently walk throughs are rare and occur when the crime scene has been preserved. With the parkland crime scene, everything was kept in its place…books, backpacks, desks etc. The King Road house is an empty shell, all the stuff is gone, parts of flooring removed, walls taken out etc. It’s a totally different house to the night of the crime.

The FBI have 3d scans of the entire place, which can offer a virtual walkthrough to the jury. And if they did need to revisit any measurements or check anything, this can all be obtained from the scans. There’s also no forensic evidence left in the house and the prosecution are happy with it being torn down, so they must have enough evidence they’re confident about.

I guess the way I look at it, when someone is murdered in public, they have to get the scene cleaned up. So I don’t think it’s too risky. From what I’ve seen, the house has become a spot for murder tourists to go gawp at. I guess there’s also the possibility someone could break in. So I think if they don’t need it, tear it down. Seeing the abandoned house where your brother and classmates were killed is awful.

Boogs

VIP Member
On Monday it will be a year since the murders. I really do hope that they don’t drag out the trial too long for the sake of the families. I still think about these poor kids regularly. I really hope they get justice.

• Heart

yellowmellow

VIP Member
For anyone in the UK or with access to iPlayer, Zara McDermott has announced she's done a documentary on this case. Doubt there will be anything on there we don't already know but I'll probably give it a watch. Out next month.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
It hasn't been scheduled yet. The defense still doesn't have all of the discovery they need from the state about the IGG DNA evidence and there is a Dec. 1, 2023 deadline for the state getting it from the FBI and Bill Thompson has already said the it's long process. The Judge said that he is hoping that they can get to it sooner than later and the judge said something about getting to the other issues. Mmm. I wonder what other issues there are.

for as when the trial may happen some people think late 2024 and some people think early 2025.
It’s madness that it’s allowed to take this long. Those poor families.

Boogs

VIP Member
Hearing crying in the night at a student house when people have been out drinking is probably unusual enough for her to open the door to listen out but when she heard a man’s voice saying it’s ok I’m going to help you she probably thought it was Ethan consoling his drunk emotional girlfriend. I think we all look at things with hindsight bias. I don’t think many teenage girls would hear the sounds they did and think maybe their housemates had been murdered, who would? In the middle of the night if you had concerns it’s easy to dismiss them and convince yourself you’re being paranoid. That poor girl is going to have to live the rest of her life wondering if she’d taken different action whether she could have saved some of them.

• Heart

sporkinghell

here's one video about IGG not being foolproof there are two different cases talked about in this video.It's a short video
Outing myself a bit, but I have experience with IGG.

The Michael Usry case was not an IGG case, it was a case that used Y-DNA, IGG uses autosomal DNA. I'm also not aware of what the case being talked about where Cece Moore got it wrong using IGG. If IGG is done correctly by a skilled genetic genealogist, it is extremely unlikely that the person who left the DNA in question is identified wrongly - a skilled practitioner would not make an ID if they weren't sure - if they couldn't get to an exact name, they would give the law enforcement agency in question the information they were able to say for certain. And that information will only ever be a tip, not 'this is your suspect', the police still have to do their work.

What IS possible to get wrong in IGG is if a sample ends up at a crime scene inadvertently or by contamination, or if there is some kind of mix up at the lab. For example, I know of more than one case where IGG has been diligently carried out on an unidentified body... only to identify the coroner who did the autopsy... Because crime scene and body DNA can be very degraded, you might also get an incomplete profile, and if that sample is not analysed correctly that could also lead to an incorrect identification - which is why you need skilled bio-informatics folk who know what they are doing to get a good DNA profile for Gedmatch - and who recognise when a profile cannot be relied upon. It's difficult to explain, but there are signs when you have a bad profile if you are familiar with Gedmatch. It's also of course possible that you end up with a crap genetic genealogist being let loose doing IGG, which is what worries me about law enforcement personnel doing it in-house when they don't have the experience required.

With Y-DNA, due to the way it's passed down through generations, and the number of markers looked at there is far more potential for errors to be made, as with Michael Usry.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Aberscot

Chatty Member
I think it needs to be taken down asap. It’s a college town and the students don’t need a daily reminder about the horrors that happened there. All forensics and details required have been taken and what purpose does it hold to keep it up till after the trial.
Computer technology has moved on so much I am sure the jurors will have access to a virtual walkthrough if required.
Can see both sides but I just don’t think there is any real benefit from keeping it up any longer till whenever the trial happens.
I wouldn’t like to be living near it that’s for sure.

Reactions: 11

Boogs

VIP Member
If that quote is true then I hope D has a great support system. What a mistake to make. I don't believe there is anything malicious in her not calling the police, but its just a huge personal error.
I honestly don’t think there is anything she could have done that would have stopped any of them dying. The murders are thought to have been committed within a 9 minute timeframe and the victims all died quickly with the Coroner saying none of them could have been saved. Even if she had called for help the outcome would have sadly been the same. I understand why the families are questioning why it took so long to call for help. I know I sound like a broken record but I honestly think she convinced herself she was being paranoid and then crashed out not waking until lunchtime and then everything was discovered. I too hope that she has a good support network around her as the poor girl is going to need it. She’s another victim in this situation who is going to have live with what happened for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 11

Tryger88

VIP Member
Surely the house should stay until after the trial, who knows what may come up in court that may need further investigation, I'm not exactly sure what that could be but in the US isn't it a thing that they often have the jury go out to visit the crime scene?

Reactions: 10

Boogs

VIP Member
I really feel for her and can identify with a lot of what she says as my teenage dad left before I was born and went on to have another family who knew him as a dad whilst I didn’t even know what he looked like.

However, she needs to be taking this to a therapist not social media. This is going to make her feel a lot worse in the long run.

Have you guys seen anything about this?

Also super sorry for my shitty screen shots lol I don't have X to go right to the main source for you guys haha

I very much remember once Bryan got to Idaho, AT scheduled a preliminary hearing and then all of a sudden, prosecutors rushed into the grand jury. Lots of online chatter about why they did this and many said it was related to BF.

Anyways it's all online gossip with no source so take with a grain of salt. Just found it interesting.
I dont understand? So Bethany was arrested in Washington for a drunk offence, what could that have to do with this case? Sorry, I'm lost.

I really hope when all this comes out the room mates get some sort of vindication there still seems to be more uproar about them online than the actual killer

• Sad

stroppysal

Chatty Member
What's everyone's thoughts on the house being demolished? Steve goncalves an a lot of people think it should stay up until after the trial, just in case it's needed. Then there's the chapins saying it should go so their kids an others at U of I can move on. Honestly I see both sides to it, always better to keep it in case its needed in future, but surely the prosecution an defence must have everything they need from it or they wouldn't be letting this move forward.

Reactions: 9

Boogs

VIP Member
The Goncalves family sent the below statement to media the day before demolition

PLEASE STOP THE DEMOLITION OF THE KING ROAD HOME!

The Goncalves Family has reached out to the Latah County Prosecutors Office and the University of Idaho to stop this madness.

When the victim’s can’t speak you have to speak for them when you feel someone is hurting the case.
Let’s just answer the question on why the King Road house should stand for basic evidentiary purposes.

1. What were the vantage points of the roommates (Dillon and Bethany)? What could they hear from where they were in the house? What could they see? How far away was Dillon when she saw BK and why didn’t he see her? Could the surviving roommates hear a dog barking from the 3rd floor? Screams? Can you hear those same sounds from the bottom apartment?

2. Outside the house. If evidence is presented about BK leaving or watching the house. What windows could he see in from where he was parked? Was he able to view the inside of the house and what was going on from outside sitting in a car or walking by? (Goes towards pre-mediation). How long did it take for him to walk to his car? What points of entry could he have gotten into the house?

3. If there is audio evidence? What can you hear standing outside the house? What can you hear inside the house?

4. What was Xana’s path in the house to pick up the Doordash? Did she have to walk past different rooms? Could she have walked past BK, where could he have been hiding?

5. All the entry and exit points in the home. How could you get in and out without anyone seeing you? Were the decks potential access points? The decks and landscape features are very close to each other.

6. Any biological evidence? Where was it located in the house? Any proximity to the victims and any trail outside of biological evidence.

7.If the house itself was a target? Which was the theory from the beginning. Which is the supposed reason the University of Idaho called off their campus wide warning while BK was still not apprehended.
Why was the house a target and its access/exit points and the driveway configuration for a vehicle to enter/exit/turnaround? Vantage points of other camera evidence pointed toward the house.

These are just a few things that the family has thought of and no one seems to be able to answer about the King Road house. The question is? If the home is demolished will all of these questions be able to be answered later on with diagrams/models/technology, etc...if they become an issue at trial. If not then leave the home alone!

PLEASE GET A TRIAL DATE SCHEDULED

It is with disappointment and frustration that we have to ask for this publicly. The Court in this matter has delayed long enough. The hearing for the challenges to the indictment were in October and the Court finally made a ruling in December on those challenges (over 45 days later). The Court still has not made a ruling on the in camera evidence that was presented on December 1, 2023 regarding the genealogy evidence.
It is also now our understanding that the Defense has filed a motion for the Court to reconsider the Court's decision on the indictment challenges or stay the proceedings for appeal. This challenge will be given another hearing date another 30 days out. This was filed a day after a scheduling order and trial was requested.

All of this affects us the victims families and we can not understand the constant delays.
This case has to move forward! We are a year out and the Court just made a decision on the indictment. Now the Court will have to make another decision to reconsider the decision the Court just made which took the Court 45 days to decide. All along not still no trial date.

We feel that the University of Idaho and the Court has put us in a horrible position to have to voice our opinions. We all along have just wanted the King Rd. Home to not be demolished and for us to have a trial date so that we can look forward to justice being served.

• Wow

Aberscot

Chatty Member
You're welcome. I'm American. I usually follow civil cases only. This is my first time following a criminal case or true crime case. So, it's a bit of a learning curve for me. But I watch a lot of EDB, Lawyer You Know and Andrea Burkhart and some other things to try to keep up . But I got interested in this case when people were saying they think that he is innocent. I was like why do that they think that. 🤔

Oh yeah got that gag order but they can talk to the media but only about what is in those court documents and no more from what I understand. haha. Both sides are clearly hiding behind the gag order and I can't really blame them , I would too. They have so much work to do. Anne Taylor and Jay Lodgson had another death penalty case that they were working on while they are working on Bk's case. If you look at the court documents, most of the time the assistant prosecutor for the state is filing those documents and signing them lately instead of Bill Thompson. Bill Thompson has an election position which is up for election in Nov 2024. So Bill will have to decide if he is going to run for reelection in Nov 2024 or not. I think that is another reason why he is probably asked for the trial in the summer of 2024 but I don't think that it will happen during that time frame. imo.

I want to hear that 911 call too. I hope that it's played during the trial if there is ever a trial.

I posted this article because it has some information in it that I haven't heard before. But also someone online talked about how they heard that the sheath was found near the dumpster on the ground near the 1122 King rd. but it was found in the house. But this person is wondering what is going on with the way the sheath was found. the state explains it in different ways in different documents. it's weird and even the Washington State search warrant for BK's apartment it's weird there too.
I don’t think it will be in summer either unfortunately.
I am following the Delphi trial as well from the states, it’s been pushed back to October.
I cant Believe he was living and working in same place and they had video of him but was free for almost 5 years.
Hopefully justice soon for those girls too and they go for death penalty

• Sad
  • Heart

LasVegas702

VIP Member

Anne Taylor stated during the hearing today that she still doesn't have the final FBI CAST report. and that she only has a draft of the FBI CAST on the on her client's cell phone. That imo doesn't make any sense. The suspect was arrested on Dec 30, 2022 and it's now Jan 2024. I'm a little surprised that Anne wants to move the trial but one second thought I can understand her wanting to change the venue.

• Wow