The Moscow/Idaho Murders #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For anyone in the UK or with access to iPlayer, Zara McDermott has announced she's done a documentary on this case. Doubt there will be anything on there we don't already know but I'll probably give it a watch. Out next month.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
here is a link to the documentary put out by Paramount Plus, there is three parts and the first part is available on YouTube for free and the other two parts are with a subscription or a free trial subscription.

Reactions: 1
Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 2.42.50 PM.png

here's a screenshot of some of what was posted by Ethan's sister in law before the defendant was arrested.Okay these post was different from what I heard. I've that the person that found Ethan and Xana called out for someone to call 911. but here it said that the person that found Ethan and Xana is the one the called 911. Mmm. that's interesting. Everyone keeps talking about how DM and BF were texting either other. But based on these post by Ethan's sister DM either called everyone or texted everyone and unfortunately only BF replied and so... I think that Ethan's sister in law reddit post have been deleted now. But it's clear that DM and BF did hear noises that night. But I'm not sure DM didn't call 911 right away, I have a theory about why she didn't but I could be wrong about that.

and here is a link to an article by the DailyMail about the case based on some of Ethan's sister in law post on Reddit. `

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
View attachment 2752856

here's a screenshot of some of what was posted by Ethan's sister in law before the defendant was arrested.Okay these post was different from what I heard. I've that the person that found Ethan and Xana called out for someone to call 911. but here it said that the person that found Ethan and Xana is the one the called 911. Mmm. that's interesting. Everyone keeps talking about how DM and BF were texting either other. But based on these post by Ethan's sister DM either called everyone or texted everyone and unfortunately only BF replied and so... I think that Ethan's sister in law reddit post have been deleted now. But it's clear that DM and BF did hear noises that night. But I'm not sure DM didn't call 911 right away, I have a theory about why she didn't but I could be wrong about that.

and here is a link to an article by the DailyMail about the case based on some of Ethan's sister in law post on Reddit. `

Whats your theory then?

Mine is just that she was probably drunk or sleepy and whilst probably a little concerned, never imagined it was the noise of her roommates being murdered. I think she probably played it off as something else, then fell asleep.

Reactions: 6
If there was crying and screaming why was this not picked up on the neighbours camera? I don’t think they had the chance to scream. They were attacked in their beds in the middle of the night after a night out. They were intoxicated and sleeping, they didn’t see what was coming. If the surviving housemates had any idea that their friends had been slaughtered do you think they would have hung around the house? I think they heard sounds but dismissed it thinking they were being paranoid and just fell asleep. I think they are victims too.

There is a documentary soon to be released on BBCiplayer about the case called The Idaho Murders: Trial by TikTok.

If there was crying and screaming why was this not picked up on the neighbours camera? I don’t think they had the chance to scream. They were attacked in their beds in the middle of the night after a night out. They were intoxicated and sleeping, they didn’t see what was coming. If the surviving housemates had any idea that their friends had been slaughtered do you think they would have hung around the house? I think they heard sounds but dismissed it thinking they were being paranoid and just fell asleep. I think they are victims too.

There is a documentary soon to be released on BBCiplayer about the case called The Idaho Murders: Trial by TikTok.
I heard that DM got the victim's rights documents from the courts but BF didn't. I don't think that they knew they were being killed but
the sounds that DM heard did caused her to open and close her door on three different occasions and after the third time she locked her door after guy with the mask walked by her door according to the PCA.

I don't think that crying would have been heard on the neighbors camera. But there was other noises heard on the neighbors camera.

Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 12.55.01 PM.png

I heard a rumor that when DM and BF heard noises that night that they left the house and didn't return to later on.

I don't know about the screaming, I don't know if DM and BF heard screaming are not but DM heard crying that's for sure.

Reactions: 4
Hearing crying in the night at a student house when people have been out drinking is probably unusual enough for her to open the door to listen out but when she heard a man’s voice saying it’s ok I’m going to help you she probably thought it was Ethan consoling his drunk emotional girlfriend. I think we all look at things with hindsight bias. I don’t think many teenage girls would hear the sounds they did and think maybe their housemates had been murdered, who would? In the middle of the night if you had concerns it’s easy to dismiss them and convince yourself you’re being paranoid. That poor girl is going to have to live the rest of her life wondering if she’d taken different action whether she could have saved some of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
DM and BF were over 18 years of age at the time of the crime so they wasn't teenagers but I heard that DM may have been high that night and the rumor was that she wasn't sure if what she saw that night was real or not. but she did still locked her door.. IDK, I'm out of theories here and I can't wait for the trial.

But there is a hearing scheduled on Feb 28, 2023 for this case so that's good
Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 6.42.02 PM.png

Reactions: 1
Weren’t BF and DM 19 when the murders happened? Yes they were over 18 so legally classed as adults but definitely still teenagers. Maybe DM was high? I’m sure lots of 19 year old college students are high on a weekend 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know the world wants to understand why it took so long for the police to be called. I think it’s a simple as they didn’t know and were probably asleep all morning.
I think there is so much focus on the survivors and what they did or didn’t do. What they didn’t do was murder their friends. The responsibility for that lies with the murderer.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
and it's the State's responsibility to prove that.
---
Weren’t BF and DM 19 when the murders happened? Yes they were over 18 so legally classed as adults but definitely still teenagers. Maybe DM was high? I’m sure lots of 19 year old college students are high on a weekend 🤷🏼‍♀️ I know the world wants to understand why it took so long for the police to be called. I think it’s a simple as they didn’t know and were probably asleep all morning.
I think there is so much focus on the survivors and what they did or didn’t do. What they didn’t do was murder their friends. The responsibility for that lies with the murderer.
I don't think that DM and BF had anything to do with the crime but I see your point about too much focus on them but I guess my problem when people being upset about them texting each other which is why I posted what I posted And people seem to be so upset about that and I'm like they there it was scary, it's not surprising that there are some kind of communication between those two but there was also some communication I believe with that DM and BF were scared and I can understand that but. I guess people being shocked that they were texting either other. and I like mmm. that's brothers them. I'm like really.

based on this from the PCA, I'm not surprised but it upsets me that people are shocked it.

Screen Shot 2024-02-14 at 11.38.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
and it's the State's responsibility to prove that.
---

I don't think that DM and BF had anything to do with the crime but I see your point about too much focus on them but I guess my problem when people being upset about them texting each other which is why I posted what I posted And people seem to be so upset about that and I'm like they there it was scary, it's not surprising that there are some kind of communication between those two but there was also some communication I believe with that DM and BF were scared and I can understand that but. I guess people being shocked that they were texting either other. and I like mmm. that's brothers them. I'm like really.

based on this from the PCA, I'm not surprised but it upsets me that people are shocked it.

View attachment 2757170
They may just have been texting each other not out of fright but of annoyance 'urgh K and M are so noisy, wish they'd shut that dog up' or X and A fighting again, hope shes ok'. I would seriously doubt they were texting each other going 'I think theres a murderer in the house, Im scared'

So has a trial date been set yet? If not what’s the hold up?
No a trial date hasn't been set yet. The defense said that they are still waiting on discovery from the state. But the defense also stated that they don't even think that the state has full discovery themselves during the last hearing. You have to remember that Idaho State Police and the FBI helped Moscow PD with the investigation. The state said that they wanted the trial in the summer of 2024 when the high school is out and when the college is out due to limited parking and limited lodging availability. Anne Taylor said that she would be nervous about agreeing to have the trial in the summer of 2025. Also the defense said that they only have a 'draft" report of the FBI CAST on her client's cell phone and not a final copy. I thought I heard Bill Thompson state that the FBI CAST expert and the FBI Car expert both wasn't going to be testifying at the trial. Since, that is the case then why can't Officer Payne complete the final copy of the FBI CAST report and turn it over to the defense, so that they can review it and hire their own cell phone expert to look at it. Also the defense stated that they were given a some of a very important video, yes "some" and they were waiting on the rest of it and the defense said that the state was trying to line the sound and the video up. I don't understand why would the state need to do that. Also the state was asking for a summer 2024 for the trial once the defense said that summer 2025 or march 2025 she would be nervous about agreeing to, the state said that the defense wasn't wrong, just like that.

here's a link to the video of the last hearing if you are interested in watching yourself. But the next hearing is Feb 28, 2024 and there are several things that need too be worked out.

• Heart
So has a trial date been set yet? If not what’s the hold up?
oh and also the defense said that they have over 400 witnesses and they have only be able to interview about 10% of them. Also the defense said that a lot people don't want to speak with them because of how they have seen other's get harassed on social media. The defense also said that there are some witnesses that they want speak to but due to them talking to main stream media too much they don't want to use them as witnesses. The defense said social media was making it harder for them but they were working through it. You have to remember that Inan Harsh has been doing a lot of talking but the defense did subpoena him from the preliminary hearing back when it was still scheduled but I don't know about now. He also did that Ask Me anything on reddit that was wild imo. Also he has been interviewed by at least three YouTube channels. But if people don't want to talk to the defense, I think that she could subpoena them.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
They may just have been texting each other not out of fright but of annoyance 'urgh K and M are so noisy, wish they'd shut that dog up' or X and A fighting again, hope shes ok'. I would seriously doubt they were texting each other going 'I think theres a murderer in the house, Im scared'
Screen Shot 2024-02-19 at 9.16.01 AM.png

I don't think that she texted that she think she's heard someone getting murdered but I do think that she heard some noises but in one of the screen shots from Eithan's sister in law it has supposedly so that can be speculation. also DM"s room is right below Maddie's room. But DM did open and close her door three times that night based on what she heard and after the third time she locked her door after she saw a masked man walked passed her.

View attachment 2767248

I don't think that she texted that she think she's heard someone getting murdered but I do think that she heard some noises but in one of the screen shots from Eithan's sister in law it has supposedly so that can be speculation. also DM"s room is right below Maddie's room. But DM did open and close her door three times that night based on what she heard and after the third time she locked her door after she saw a masked man walked passed her.
If that quote is true then I hope D has a great support system. What a mistake to make. I don't believe there is anything malicious in her not calling the police, but its just a huge personal error.

Reactions: 3
If that quote is true then I hope D has a great support system. What a mistake to make. I don't believe there is anything malicious in her not calling the police, but its just a huge personal error.
I honestly don’t think there is anything she could have done that would have stopped any of them dying. The murders are thought to have been committed within a 9 minute timeframe and the victims all died quickly with the Coroner saying none of them could have been saved. Even if she had called for help the outcome would have sadly been the same. I understand why the families are questioning why it took so long to call for help. I know I sound like a broken record but I honestly think she convinced herself she was being paranoid and then crashed out not waking until lunchtime and then everything was discovered. I too hope that she has a good support network around her as the poor girl is going to need it. She’s another victim in this situation who is going to have live with what happened for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 11
I honestly don’t think there is anything she could have done that would have stopped any of them dying. The murders are thought to have been committed within a 9 minute timeframe and the victims all died quickly with the Coroner saying none of them could have been saved. Even if she had called for help the outcome would have sadly been the same. I understand why the families are questioning why it took so long to call for help. I know I sound like a broken record but I honestly think she convinced herself she was being paranoid and then crashed out not waking until lunchtime and then everything was discovered. I too hope that she has a good support network around her as the poor girl is going to need it. She’s another victim in this situation who is going to have live with what happened for the rest of her life.
I agree I don’t understand why Dylan gets questioned so much, if anyone has ever lived in a student house it really isn’t uncommon to hear all sorts and see people you don’t know walking around. If I was in her situation I would probably just have thought it was a drunken argument and it had finished and gone back or to sleep. Waking up at midday is quite common again for students. I highly doubt she thought everyone was getting murdered and thought I know what I won’t call for him I’ll just wait here to be next. I’ve said it before but I do hope when all this comes out they get some vindication there are victims in all of this