The Moscow/Idaho Murders #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s madness that it’s allowed to take this long. Those poor families.
I heard that only like 51% of all murders get solved. There is case in out of Washington where the husband and wife was stabbed around 3 am in the morning and there was another person in the house and there was also a cat in the house. The man that stabbed them had a mask on. This happened on Aug 13, 2021.

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/husband-stabbed-killed-confronting-intruder-in-rural-marion-county.

FYI the state did file a document that they have turned over the IGG DNA information to the courts today. I'm shocked that anything was submitted. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: 2
I heard that only like 51% of all murders get solved. There is case in out of Washington where the husband and wife was stabbed around 3 am in the morning and there was another person in the house and there was also a cat in the house. The man that stabbed them had a mask on. This happened on Aug 13, 2021.

https://www.koin.com/news/crime/husband-stabbed-killed-confronting-intruder-in-rural-marion-county.

FYI the state did file a document that they have turned over the IGG DNA information to the courts today. I'm shocked that anything was submitted. Let's see how this plays out.
Yes I get worried about that - in today's day and age you would expect there to be more records.

As well as the brutality it reminded me of being young and carefree! 40 now.

There doesn't appear to be much motive though which is puzzling

Reactions: 4
Brian Entin tweeted out that the house is scheduled to come down on Dec 28, 2023.

Brian Entin also tweeted out the following " Kohberber's defense team will access the King Road house today and tomorrow, according to the university. University says defense wants to take measurements and photographs. Then demolition will happen on December 28th."

BK's legal team will be at the 1122 King Rd house on Dec 14 and Dec 15 to take photos and get drone video.

Attachments

What's everyone's thoughts on the house being demolished? Steve goncalves an a lot of people think it should stay up until after the trial, just in case it's needed. Then there's the chapins saying it should go so their kids an others at U of I can move on. Honestly I see both sides to it, always better to keep it in case its needed in future, but surely the prosecution an defence must have everything they need from it or they wouldn't be letting this move forward.

Reactions: 9

so the state is trying to have the trial in the summer 2024 and they expect it to last for about 6 weeks and they are waiting on the defense to response.

Reactions: 6
What's everyone's thoughts on the house being demolished? Steve goncalves an a lot of people think it should stay up until after the trial, just in case it's needed. Then there's the chapins saying it should go so their kids an others at U of I can move on. Honestly I see both sides to it, always better to keep it in case its needed in future, but surely the prosecution an defence must have everything they need from it or they wouldn't be letting this move forward.
Must be crazy to be a neighbour and having to drive past all the time. But I also think it should stay up until after the trial. No one involved can really ‘move on’ until then anyway. Like you, I see both sides.

Reactions: 15
Surely the house should stay until after the trial, who knows what may come up in court that may need further investigation, I'm not exactly sure what that could be but in the US isn't it a thing that they often have the jury go out to visit the crime scene?

Reactions: 10
Surely the house should stay until after the trial, who knows what may come up in court that may need further investigation, I'm not exactly sure what that could be but in the US isn't it a thing that they often have the jury go out to visit the crime scene?
"Crime scene visits by juries are relatively rare but have occurred in a number of other high-profile prosecutions, including the 1995 murder trial of O.J. Simpson and last year’s trial of Florida school shooter Nikolas Cruz." quote from the article below

.this article is from March 2023

another article

At first I thought it was a bad idea to tear it down before the trial, however, I’ve been reading on Reddit about it and have changed my mind.

Apparently walk throughs are rare and occur when the crime scene has been preserved. With the parkland crime scene, everything was kept in its place…books, backpacks, desks etc. The King Road house is an empty shell, all the stuff is gone, parts of flooring removed, walls taken out etc. It’s a totally different house to the night of the crime.

The FBI have 3d scans of the entire place, which can offer a virtual walkthrough to the jury. And if they did need to revisit any measurements or check anything, this can all be obtained from the scans. There’s also no forensic evidence left in the house and the prosecution are happy with it being torn down, so they must have enough evidence they’re confident about.

I guess the way I look at it, when someone is murdered in public, they have to get the scene cleaned up. So I don’t think it’s too risky. From what I’ve seen, the house has become a spot for murder tourists to go gawp at. I guess there’s also the possibility someone could break in. So I think if they don’t need it, tear it down. Seeing the abandoned house where your brother and classmates were killed is awful.

Reactions: 15
I think it needs to be taken down asap. It’s a college town and the students don’t need a daily reminder about the horrors that happened there. All forensics and details required have been taken and what purpose does it hold to keep it up till after the trial.
Computer technology has moved on so much I am sure the jurors will have access to a virtual walkthrough if required.
Can see both sides but I just don’t think there is any real benefit from keeping it up any longer till whenever the trial happens.
I wouldn’t like to be living near it that’s for sure.

Reactions: 11
I agree that for the Chapins and the friends of the victims the house should be removed. Currently it's just a horrible daily reminder of what happened to their loved ones.

I do wonder if having it still there would help the jury with regards to the killers movements when entering and leaving the house. For example if he used the sliding doors, how far was that from where he was apparently parked. Also to see outdoor vantage points from indoors.
However if the state's evidence is as strong as they say then probably none of that really matters.

I can't wait for this trial to be over and for the families to finally get some justice and peace. I'm sick of these Youtubers/tiktokkers getting in on the action for a quick buck. They don't seem to realise this actually happened to real people.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think this, and the only thing what is making me hopeful about it, is that the prosecution have A LOT more evidence than has been made public. If that's the case, maybe they are very confident in their investigation that the house wouldn't be needed. Perhaps the defence want it gone because something in there perhaps proves his guilt? I don't know, this case takes up so much space in my mind, I find myself rambling sometimes. I just want to know what the hell happened in that house 😭

Reactions: 5
@stroppysal I think we all want to know what happened and for the families to get some closure. It would be awful if the accused is found not guilty as then it's back to square one.

Reactions: 2
The FBI have 3d scans of the entire place, which can offer a virtual walkthrough to the jury. And if they did need to revisit any measurements or check anything, this can all be obtained from the scans. There’s also no forensic evidence left in the house and the prosecution are happy with it being torn down, so they must have enough evidence they’re confident about.
I want to say if this is the case then yeah, pull it down but then worry something could go wrong, files/evidence lost, what happens then if no crime scene to go back and visit? Maybe no forensics left but some technicalities? may arise if the 3D scans become no longer available...

Reactions: 3
The Defense has filed two documents on Dec 22, 2023 that are finally on the website. I heard rumors that the defense was going to be filing some documents soon but I didn't know that it was going to be this but I thought that it was going to be in response to the State asking for the trial to be in the summer but I'm guessing that the defense will still be responding to that document too.

1. MOTION TO SEAL DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR INTERLOCUTORY
2. ORDER SEALING DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR INTERLOCUTORY

Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 4.23.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-26 at 4.23.27 PM.png

Reactions: 3
I just want to say I can't believe they are demolishing the house.
Not thinking of the victims in this, just the unis reputation
If I were a juror I'd want to go and visit it

Reactions: 5
I just want to say I can't believe they are demolishing the house.
Not thinking of the victims in this, just the unis reputation
If I were a juror I'd want to go and visit it
Neither the defence or the prosecution want to do a juror walk through, so they wouldn't see it even if it was still standing.

Reactions: 6
Really shocked that the house has been torn down before the trial. I would have thought that the jury would have wanted to do a walk through…

Reactions: 1
Neither the defence or the prosecution want to do a juror walk through, so they wouldn't see it even if it was still standing.
that's true and the prosecution of this case said in an email the following

The prosecution expected no need of the property going forward, Thompson wrote. “Based on our review of Idaho case law, the current condition of the premises is so substantially different than at the time of the homicides that a 'jury view' would not be authorized,” Thompson said.

Reactions: 8