Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cctm

VIP Member
Im from scotland so forgive my ignorance but would it not be beneficial for the prosecution to just allow the trial to take place elsewhere? What makes them so keen to keep the chosen venue?

Reactions: 1

LasVegas702

VIP Member
Im from scotland so forgive my ignorance but would it not be beneficial for the prosecution to just allow the trial to take place elsewhere? What makes them so keen to keep the chosen venue?
I think that they just want to keep the case in Latah County because it's cheaper and also it would bring revenue into the city when the trial taking place. But the problem with this is Moscow Idaho is really small town and there isn't a lot of hotels in the area and in the surrounding area either. Also the judge has already stated that he doesn't want to have to travel to another county miles away. I'm hoping that the judge does the right thing and grants the change of venue when the hearing happened sometime in May 2024. I think that it's best that it's moved to Boise Idaho, it's a larger town and there are more hotels available and there are more restaurants to handle the number of people coming to the trial like the reporters. Also there is more security at the court house too and also more parking. I mentioned parking since Bill Thompson mentioned the parking situation as to why they want the trial during the summer. I think that moving the trial to Boise Idaho opens up the Spring and the Fall time frames for a trial instead of just being locked into just the summer time. I think that moving the trial to Boise Idaho would help with getting people that haven't already made their mind up about this case and so that both the prosecution and the defense can find jurors that they both can agree on.

The main benefit the prosecution has to trying to keep this case in Latah County is look at what happened with the survey situation they had at ltwo people different people reach out to the prosecution not the defense. Also one of them even recorded the phone call. I don't know what the rules are for recording phone calls in Idaho but it's still interesting that it was done in the first place. So that tells me that they are on the prosecution's side and they probably think that the suspect is guilty. So also most of the people in Latah County work for U of I. I don't think that anyone that works for U of I should be allowed to be on the jury based on what the President of U of I wrote in his recent book about this Idaho 4 case. Also back in 2022 there was a situation where President Biden called out U of I about a email that was sent out to all of the employees about how to handle things if students asked them where can they get free birth control bills.

President Biden calls out University of Idaho in task force meeting
  • Jay Worlton Producer, KHQ Local News

• Oct 4, 2022
  • WASHINGTON - President Biden called out the University of Idaho in a meeting of his Reproductive Healthcare Access task force... less than a week after the university told employees to remain neutral on the topic of birth control.
    President Biden urged the University of Idaho to keep distributing contraception despite the memo that also brings into question if distributing contraception through the school is legal under Idaho state law.

At one point, Biden told the task force:

"Officials at the University of Idaho say they should stop providing contraception … In fact, they told the university staff that they could get in trouble just for talking or telling students about where they can get birth control,” Biden said at the meeting.

“Folks, what century are we in? I mean, what are we doing? I respect everyone’s view on this, the personal decisions they make, but my Lord, we’re talking about contraception here,” the president went on to say.

“It shouldn’t be that controversial. But this is what it looks like when you start to take away the right of privacy,” Biden said.

Right now, the state of Idaho is set to make it's case on the abortion law to the Idaho Supreme Court on Thursday.

this is how U of I is, they like to try to control various things.

Last edited:

LasVegas702

VIP Member
I think all murder cases nowadays should be full recorded for VR review in the future. I don't understand why it wouldn't be, especially if the FBI are involved (and presumably they have more funds than local police)

I also think it STINKs that they've had so force the hand over of DNA evidence to the defence. I think BK is likely guilty, but it seems dodgy that they wouldn't share evidence unless forced. I wonder if they have got the DNA evidence in a dodgy way.
Governor of Idaho, Gov. Little allocates 1 million dollars for the U of I investigation from the state's emergency fund.

After watching Andrea Burkhart's stream...

One thing everyone needs to be clear - they were not tapping his phone, he was under surveillance, but they were not tapping his phone....

My money is on someone has gone beyond the warrant....
Oh, and the FBI have been doing whatever and passing the it off as the Moscow police department.

For now, no need to worry about the house being knocked down, making it impossible to replicate the tower results - that apparently don't exist for the murder scene.
I think so too, someone has done something slightly dodgy to get the information they needed to get him (probably the DNA) and that's what they are hiding. Its just about whether that is enough to sew the seeds of doubt into the jury's mind.

this fits in with them being so slow with the evidence hand over

LasVegas702

VIP Member
I heard it from you....
oh okay yeah I thought that because they wasn't turning over the fbi cast report but after this hearing, I've changed my mind. I need to rewatch this hearing. I'm can't wait for the May 30, 2024 hearing with Sy Ray.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
DM and BF were over 18 years of age at the time of the crime so they wasn't teenagers but I heard that DM may have been high that night and the rumor was that she wasn't sure if what she saw that night was real or not. but she did still locked her door.. IDK, I'm out of theories here and I can't wait for the trial.

But there is a hearing scheduled on Feb 28, 2023 for this case so that's good
Screen Shot 2024-02-13 at 6.42.02 PM.png

This case is so complex 🙁

A bit worried it will go through, he's not found guilty, then it's back to square one.
Yes agree. It's very complex and confusing and extra worrisome that either a guilty person will go free or an innocent percent will be shot to death by the government.

Anyways I was watching Reasonable Doubt today and the episode was about a KC Grondin. Never heard of it before but a young man convicted of murdering his girlfriend. It was all pretty shaky and pretty circumstantial, but convicted anyways. They found a piece of her blood soaked hair on his jogging pants in his laundry basket.

Anyways at face value he sounds guilty but when you get into the nitty gritty, you come away pretty confident he was wrongly accused/convicted.

I was so fascinated by it I looked up to see where it was now and his conviction was overturned! He is finally on house arrest while he goes through a new trial but, get this, they have since tested the other random male DNA at the scene and linked it to a very sketchy and violent man that cannot or will not explain how his cigarette butt got at the crime scene (or something like that).

It was all so similar to this case. Circumstantial. One tiny piece of DNA. Other DNA being present but not tested. No real motive so putting together pieces to fit the perceived narrative.

I am not saying he is guilty or innocent but sometimes, as citizens, we have to question our government. We can't believe things at face value.

If you have discovery watch season 2 episode 1. KC Grondin

• Wow

LasVegas702

VIP Member
I wonder if it was the house that he was interested in. It was so accessible and solo standing.
that house isn't solo standing there, just look at these photos from when The Interview Room drove by the house back in 2022.

at the red arrow is the house
Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 10.14.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 10.12.03 AM.png

also on the right out of the photo is the house too, on the right in the photo is Queen Rd Apartments.
---
I wonder if it was the house that he was interested in. It was so accessible and solo standing.
also because that house was built into the curve, the sounds from the house echo in the area which was mentioned by some LE's In the area during a noise complaint body cam footage.
---
here the prosecutor Bill explains why he doesn't want to move the trial outside the county.
Screen Shot 2024-04-11 at 11.02.21 AM.png

Last edited:

LasVegas702

VIP Member
Moscow detective testifies about cell phone records in Bryan Kohberger's court appearance Thursday

Kohberger's lawyers called Moscow Police Detective Lawerence Mowery to the stand as part of their motion to compel prosecutors to release additional evidence.

Author: KREM Staff
Published: 2:44 PM PDT May 23, 2024
Updated: 2:44 PM PDT May 23, 2024

MOSCOW, Idaho — Bryan Kohberger, the man accused of killing four University of Idaho students in November 2022, appeared in court on Thursday, May 23.

Kohberger's lawyers called Moscow Police Detective Lawerence Mowery to the stand as part of their motion to compel prosecutors to release additional evidence.

Questioning focused on Mowery's work on police reports in the case, specifically cell phone records. The defense asked questions about the program Mowery used to create the records.

Prosecutors did not spend much time asking the witness questions. At this point, the defense did not tip their hand about why they were so focused on the detective's work.

Another hearing is set for next Thursday, May 30, when more witnesses called by Kohberger's lawyers will testify.

wibble

VIP Member
I saw that the defense asked for some more information about the IGG DNA information and the state objected to it.

STATE'S OBJECTION TO DEFENDANT’S 15th SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST FOR DISCOVERY

The dna is touch dna which is transferable. People don't understand your touch dna can end up in places that you have never been before and on items that you have never touched. and it can be problematic too. Also it's touch dna found on brass and touch dna doesn't last last on brass from what I've been hearing. Also one of the dna experts for the defense said in a court document the following - "And in this case, in which the profile at issue is ambiguous and partial, other suspects are an important area of investigation." So the touch dna that was found of BK was a partial print, there is a reason why Othram Lab was used, they are usually a last resort for LE to try to solve a crime and they also don't have accreditation as a dna lab either from what I understand. Also during the IGG DNA hearing Anne Taylor said that there was problems with the SNP from the private lab. I also heard that Idaho State Police used up all of the touch dna found on the sheath for a STR profile so that defense, there is no way for the defense to do their own testing on it. Correct me if I'm wrong about this. Also there is no way for the STR profile and the SNP profile to be compared. Yikes.

Also Anne Taylor included a copy of the DOJ guidelines about how and when to use IGG DNA and what should be preserved by the prosecution for discovery. IGG is only supposed to be used once LE has followed all of their leads not while they are still following the leads that they have which may have happened in this case. Also did the FBI search though users of DNA databases that optioned out of LE searching through their profiles trying to solve their criminal cases. There are only two that allow LE to search their dna databases and one you automatically are optioned in and one of them you have to opt in. The other don't'. So some people wonder if the FBI used BK SNP as a regular user instead of as LE, like they are supposed to.

there is also this situation here about the
“The STR profile is at least 5.37 octillion times more likely to be seen if (the) Defendant is the source than if an unrelated individual randomly selected from the general population is the source,” prosecutors said in the filing. An octillion is a number equal to a 1 followed by 27 zeros.

and Anne Taylor mentioned in a court document, from what I understand 5.37 octillion isn't a real number that exist.

View attachment 2893200

my theory is that whoever owned that sheath has came in contact with BK's touch dna somewhere in Pullman WA and they may not know BK personally.
Out of interest.
Is the evidence totally against murder suicide?
Or the witness being the culprit?

LasVegas702

VIP Member
I saw some clips on line, where the defence refers to Brent Kohberger, and the judge says Brian Kopack.
yeah it sounds like that by the defense but I'm not sure and the sound imo wasn't that good so some parts of that last hearing are hard to heard

I missed the part where the judge Said Brian kopacka , I didn't heard that but the sound was bad in some parts of the hearings.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
Attorneys for Idaho murder suspect Bryan Kohberger maintain DA is slow-walking evidence
Published May 30, 2024 8:29pm EDT

A cellular geolocation expert testified Thursday cellphone data in the case is missing

Bryan Kohberger, who stands accused of killing four University of Idaho students, was in court Thursday for a pretrial hearing where witnesses testified about the collection of evidence and cellphone data.

Defense attorneys for Kohberger have accused prosecutors of not turning over all the evidence they had during their discovery process, which the state denies.

"Discovery is being given to us like we are living in a snow globe," a defense lawyer told Idaho Judge John Judge.

The first witness, Moscow Police Detective Brett Payne, testified Thursday that thousands of hours of surveillance video were collected as part of the investigation.

Payne told defense attorney Anne Taylor that police have thousands of hours of video from 79 businesses and residences related to the investigation. Defense lawyers also questioned whether any cellphone data evidence is missing.

Witness Sy Ray, a former Arizona police detective and founder of ZetX Corporation, which specializes in cellular geolocation mapping, testified that 2- to 3% of the cellphone data in the case is missing.

"Some of the most significant locations in the case are missing data," Ray said.

He noted that he needs all the AT&T source data and other information for him to pinpoint where Kohberger's phone was at the time of the murders.

"Because of the piecemealing of the data, because of the missing data, because of the data I'm reviewing that is incredibly inaccurate, everything that is missing is absolutely in benefit of the defense right now," Ray testified, adding, "There are other reports that are missing that I can't tell you are benefiting of Mr. Kohberger or the state."

Prosecutors allege that Kohberger is the masked man who entered a house just steps from the University of Idaho campus around 4 a.m. on Nov. 13, 2022. Four undergrad students — Maddie Mogen and Kaylee Goncalves, both 21, their housemate Xana Kernodle, 20, and her visiting boyfriend, Ethan Chapin, also 20 — were all found dead inside the home.

He faces four charges of first-degree murder and a felony burglary count.

Kohberger, a Washington State University criminology graduate student, was arrested on suspicion of the killings on Dec. 30, 2022, in his home state of Pennsylvania.

Investigators said cellphone pings placed Kohberger near the house the day of the murders, but defense lawyers have argued that he was nowhere near the house where the killings happened and was instead driving around, as he often liked to "see the moon and stars."

Prosecutors have argued the alibi is "too vague." Investigators allegedly found Kohberger's DNA on a knife sheath under the body of one of the victims.

His attorneys have previously argued the DNA may have been planted at the scene and that the state has mishandled all the evidence for the defense to review. Investigators later allegedly confirmed a match with a DNA sample, which used distant relatives to make the connection to Kohberger.

A trial date has not yet been set. If convicted, Kohberger could face the death penalty.

Judge briefly adjourned the hearing for a break before returning, where DNA experts were expected to testify.

Fox News Digital's Stepheny Price contributed to this report.
---
Cellphone expert testifies missing data benefits University of Idaho murder suspect

Sy Ray, a cellphone tower analyst, said at an evidence hearing that what he has seen so far appears to be "exculpatory" to Bryan Kohberger, although that could change.

May 30, 2024, 5:54 PM CDT
By Erik Ortiz

A cellphone analyst suggested at a pretrial hearing Thursday that he has been stymied by law enforcement's disorganized data collection and recordkeeping in the case against Bryan Kohberger, the graduate student accused in the fatal stabbings of four Idaho college students.

Sy Ray, whom Kohberger's defense team plans to call as an expert witness at trial, said his review of the evidence provided by the FBI and police so far shows not all of the cellphone data extracted from Kohberger's phone around the time of the murders in 2022 was mapped.

He further testified that it's crucial that he receive all of the AT&T source data and related information for him to verify, given that prosecutors in Latah County are pinning Kohberger to the location of the killings, in part, by his cellphone use and cell tower records.

"It is a terrible practice to justify probable cause with these very detailed call detail records that give breadcrumb-like trails for individuals and then not map it," Ray said.

"Because of the piecemealing of the data, because of the missing data, because of the data I'm reviewing that is incredibly inaccurate, everything that is missing is absolutely in benefit of the defense right now," Ray testified, adding, "There are other reports that are missing that I can't tell you are benefiting of Mr. Kohberger or the state."

He added that it's unclear why certain data is unavailable: "Is this human error? Is it accidental? Is it intentional?"
What he has seen so far, he said, appears to be "exculpatory" to Kohberger.

Ray, a former police detective in Arizona, testified that he typically has been an expert witness for prosecutors in criminal cases. His expertise has previously come under scrutiny.

Earlier in Thursday's hearing, a lead investigator with the Moscow Police Department testified that thousands of hours of video were collected in relation to a Hyundai Elantra that prosecutors say Kohberger was driving when he left his apartment in Washington state, 9½ miles from where the murders took place in Moscow, Idaho.

Thursday's testimony was part of an ongoing attempt by the defense to ask the judge to compel prosecutors to turn over certain evidence in the discovery phase. DNA experts were expected to be called during a later hearing closed to the public. Prosecutors have argued that they aren’t purposefully withholding information.

The slow pace of the pretrial hearings and the discussions hanging over such a high-profile case have only delayed the trial and pushed a trial date back to spring or summer 2025 — frustrating families of the victims, who say their ability to heal has been impeded.

Three of the victims — Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Madison Mogen, 21; and Xana Kernodle, 20 — lived in an apartment house near the University of Idaho, where they were students. Kernodle’s boyfriend, Ethan Chapin, 20, had been staying over and was also killed early Nov. 13, 2022.

In an affidavit following Kohberger's arrest weeks after the killings, prosecutors said he was linked to the scene through male DNA discovered on a knife sheath left at the victims' apartment house. Investigators also said his cellphone use and video surveillance connected him to the crime.

Kohberger's alibi defense maintains that he would go for nighttime drives and that they only increased during the school year.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
here's the hearing in the morning and Sy Ray did testify about the cell phone information and he said that he knows Agent Ballance. I just looked in the live stream and some of the comments but I wasn't able to stay the whole time .
I have yet to watch the whole hearing.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
There was that thing about the Stingray device being used.
I wonder if they lost the phone?
where did you hear that from?

I can't wait for the May 30th hearing

and also don't forget the last paragraph from the alibi document filed by the defense the part "was either not preserved or has been withheld"
Screen Shot 2024-05-23 at 8.48.05 PM.png