Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Katkitkat

@LasVegas702 knows much more about this case than me but I'll try give a bit of info.

Firstly the state is seeking the death penalty for this case.
Anne Taylor, BK's defense attorney has said in documents that there is no connection between BK and the victims and that there is a complete lack of victim dna evidence in his car, apartment or office which is very strange because had he committed these murders it's extremely unlikely that no one drop of blood from the victims was transferred to his property. Also, even if he had cleaned his car after the murders it would be very obvious that he had because he would have had to remove carpets to remove all traces of dna. Apparently theres no evidence of him having done this. People are speculating that maybe he used plastic covers inside the car.
We do however know that he was being extremely careful with dna transfer (wearing gloves around his own house and separating his rubbish into the neighbours bins late at night).
The only dna evidence is touch dna matching BK on the knife sheath so not the strongest dna evidence.
Anne Taylor has also requested from the state information on the genealogy reports and the defense want to see how they ended up at BK being their suspect. I believe they would have submitted the dna they found on the sheath to a genealogy website in order to find matches from family members and then they would have created a family tree from this which then pointed them to BK. The state haven't provided information for this and it seems once they had all the answers they were looking for they deleted the dna from the genealogy site and thus lost the family tree data. (Lasvegas please correct me if I'm getting that wrong).
Also regarding dna there are three other male dna profiles which were found inside the house and on a glove outside, the defense wants to know who these belong to.

I've been on reddit this morning as there was a motion to compel hearing yesterday and somebody there has posted everything that happened during that hearing which is very useful and easy to follow, here's the link:

Also, Judge Judge has said that he will allow cameras in the courtroom but they must not show the defence table or prolonged shots of BK. Seems like he's noticed that some news outlets were doing that and then analysing every one of his facial movements.

I saw that Taylor wants the training records of three officers, one of whom who was present at the Moscow house on Nov. 13th and interviewed witnesses (including one who will be giving evidence at trial). I definitely see why she wants this information but didn't she have a different case overturned based on the corrupt actions of a police officer? I can't remember full details but I'm not surprised the state don't want to give that to defense.
---
This is what the defense has requested for three of the police officers 120 involved in the investigation of this case

Screenshot_20230628_132929_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

itsnotmereally

VIP Member
Have just seen on Twitter that the house has been donated to the uni by the owner and it will be demolished. They’re not sure if anything will go in its place, but there’s also a committee putting together ideas for a memorial garden for them all.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Boogs

VIP Member
There is one live streamer that I watch and she has asked what jobs did DM and BF have jobs and I haven't heard anything about that yet. That's a good question. But where was DM earlier that day before the she got home at 1 am and there isn't a lot of people asking about that.
---
I’m really not sure that anyone needs to know that information. I don’t think it’s relevant. They are not the ones on trial here.

• Heart

Tifastrife

VIP Member
I've seen that some people are wondering how did the LE get to BK being their suspect and there are a lot of saying that there is a lot of people with bushy eyebrows and about 5 feet 10 inches tall. There are some people who feel like BK doesn't really have bushy eyebrows.

I don't see this too often but I've seen some people from people in the comment section of some YouTube videos that think that BK is patsy. Yep, a patsy and I've seen on twitter too. I don't if this is true or not so take it with a grain of salt but these are comments that I have been reading ever since he was arrested.

My problem with the Steve G is he wrote that letter to BK's parents. I think that letter was out of line on his part because BK's has yet to have a trial and he is entitled to a fair trial. And Steve G was saying that he forgives their son for what he did to his daughter. I was like excuse me Sir, that hasn't even been a trial yet. You can't be serious. I don't understand why his lawyer didn't tell him not to do this. This is wild to me. And all those details about the kind of teacher Bk's mom was/is, so we now know that Steve G and his family have been web sleuthing harder than hard, interesting. SMH. I don't believe that BK's parents replied to Steve's letter and if they didn't reply to that letter. I don't blame them either. It's in their best interest not to. Then Steve G on tv talking about when BK was in court in Moscow ID, that he didn't even look me in my eyes. I don't blame BK for doing that either especially since they have those protective order or no contract orders for BK. He has even trouble already and he doesn't see to be trying to add to his problems right now. If BK did it, he did it, if BK didn't do it, He did don't it. . View attachment 1943917
The internet is so exhausting. Everything these days is a conspiracy, a set up, a cover up etc. everyone always wants things to be deeper and darker (this case is already horrific enough). I don’t get it, and that’s as someone who enjoys true crime and conspiracy theories, but EVERYTHING these days is a lie and a conspiracy with some fall guy pasty 🫠.

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I am not sure how anyone can conclude that three college girls and one guy "did everything right" that night? Starting with a house that is easily accessible and open and people coming and going including massive parties...apparently one just the night before. There is even tape of the cops coming there once in the recent months and none of the girls were there...underage drinking for sure and while no one is brining up drugs...this is college!!! The non stop reference to Kaylee being the target? Based on what exactly.?..she was not even really living there anymore. If each girl was locked in their room he could not have gotten in so easily and in record time. It is all horrific and sad that so many stories going around. Gotta make every parent of a college student concerned especially as to living arrangements. Unless there is some connection that comes in in the coming months (not just gossip) I think we will never know if one girl was the target or was the random attack on popular frat kids?
They did do some things right that night though. They got lifts to and from town, they used the buddy system. I don't know anything about drugs in the town, I live in the UK and so I'm not as knowledgeable on the drug problem in idaho, from what I read it was supposedly a 'safe' town.
I agree it was alarming how many times the house was open to parties with people coming and going. But the night it happened, there wasn't a party, and as of yet, iv not heard about a connection with them to drugs. I just feel its sad that these young lives were taken when all they were doing is living their young lives and having fun, and no matter their mistakes, they didn't deserve the fate they met that night.

I’m a one and done parent and for a myriad of reasons don’t plan to allow sleepovers so this really hit me too.
Me too, that's why that part got me as well

Kids should be allowed to have instagram without it being a reason to be killed. I don’t believe from what I hear they led a particularly risky lifestyle I think it’s offensive to say they did and that they should’ve lived their lives differently.
They shouldn’t, they did nothing wrong.
Exactly and we don't even know if that's how he found his target. He may have just bumped into maddie ( as i believe she was the target) in the supermarket and that was it. And if he hadn't have killed her in her home, he would have eventually given into his desire and found another way he could have killed her. He could have done it when she was out jogging or something. Does it mean she shouldn't go jogging again?
She had every right to be living her life the way she wanted and doing what millions of other college kids to the world over.

Last edited:

Katkitkat

Just watching the gag order hearing and the judge has actually addressed the families of the victims and apologised for pronouncing the names of Kaylee and Xana incorrectly. He said he had been up all night unwell and also maybe was feeling emotional and nervous. I'm glad he has brought it up and apologised. He's also explained that its not unusual to decline to enter a plea and is the right of the defendant. It seems he isn't happy that the media is making way more of it than necessary, creating something out of nothing.
Also noticed BK is now dressed in a suit rather than his orange jail suit so wondering if the defence are trying to portray a respectable person now.

sega1985

“My dad” so his sister then, I don’t believe that at all, for one there’s a gag order. What sick person has that much of a boring life they have to do that. Ridiculous.

Boogs

VIP Member
This still raises so many questions about Dylan. I’ve been very much supportive of people attacking her and stuff, but now even I’m wondering what the hell she was doing for like 8 hours?!!
I think for most of it she was probably sleeping. I don’t think she realised anything major had happened, she just thought the housemates were being noisy/partying and the guy she saw leaving was one of their mates. Even if you were a bit freaked out by seeing an unknown bloke in the middle of night as it was a party house she would have convinced herself it was harmless when everything went quiet afterwards. I just don’t think your brain would imagine what had actually happened as what happened was so horrific and unthinkable.

Often people react in strange ways in dangerous situations. When I was young I worked in a place where one of the service users kicked off and was removed from a party by the manager. I was concerned that he was alone with him but everyone else was totally non plussed figuring that the manager had things under control. I went to check on them and the manager told me to call the police as the service user had a knife. Afterwards he was furious that no staff had called for help but out of all the many people present I was the only one who recognised the risk. I think this was because I was raised in a household where there was lots of violence and abuse which means that I’m hyper vigilant and see things that others don’t. People who haven’t experienced violence/trauma often don’t have a clue how to respond appropriately to these situations.

For all the trauma I’ve experienced I can’t imagine how I would have responded if I lived there when I realised the horror that had taken place in the night.

• Sad
  • Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
I just heard that it was apparently Ethan’s best friend who found Ethan and Xana and made the 911 call. How will that poor kid ever get over losing someone they loved like that and what a horrific sight to carry around in your head 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 15

Katleesi

VIP Member
I feel sorry for Dylan she's gonna be dealing with this trauma for the rest of her life and I don't think she's gonna be able to sort of process it until the trial is over because so many people are attacking and blaming her. No one seems to even mention Bethany; I assume she just completely slept through the whole thing?

• Sad

Luce0331

VIP Member
My baby hasn’t slept more than half an hour at a time today so she is exhausted as am I. I don’t feel well at all and my partner has done sweet FA to help with the baby or the three year old he just sighed because the three year old told him that he needed the toilet and I lost it. He’s been in the kitchen for over 2 hours cooking whilst he’s a Sunday roast is nice, i told him not to bother today as I needed a hand with the kids as neither of them have slept well and I’m not feeling great. I’m absolutely livid at how useless he is.
Wrong thread?

• Haha

Poppydaisy

Sorry if this is ignorant, but does it matter if the case dies down media wise? They gave a suspect, they have trial date, what more does talking about it to the media do? Genuine question! My biggest concern would be someone talks too much and its seen as an unfair trial or there's issues getting a jury, wouldn't it be better if the attention on it went down? Really sorry if this is offensive!

Boogs

VIP Member
I’ve been reading up on standing silent and it can be used for a number of different reasons. I suspect it’s because the death penalty is probably on the cards and his solicitor is going to try and explore his competency to get that taken off the table at sentencing.

Interestingly there has been a lot of talk of links to BTK as his old professor was an expert on the case. BTK also didn’t enter a plea at arraignment but he surprised everyone by pleading guilty at the start of the trial.

So many people try to compare him to Bundy but Bundy’s usual MO wasn’t to enter a property and kill a number of victims in 1 go. He only did that at Chi Omega. BTK, however, killed 4 people in their home during his first known murders.

Katleesi

VIP Member
Have you all seen that Jack's made an IG for Murphy - so cute of him to share Murphy with everyone after how people have treated him

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
Looks like Ethan and Xena are on there as well
I don’t think they were due to graduate until next year but got post-humous certificates.
I think Kaylees siblings were going to go on stage to get her degree in her place.

It’s just so awful, the news is so full of Brian Kohberger and upcoming court hearings that you almost lose sight of the 4 young people who have been robbed of their future.

Katkitkat

He is definitely guilty. I actually voted unsure, waiting for trial but since he stood silent I changed to guilty. I wonder if he's angling for a plea deal, I hope one is not offered!

I'm guessing we probably won't hear any further evidence until October now. It was so sad when the judge was reading out the victims' names, this must be horrendous for their families and friends.

• Sad
  • Heart