Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
This case has ruined so many people’s lives it’s been very tragic and shows how’s scary the effect social media can have on people’s lives. Not just the victims and their families, but there’s been so many innocent people’s lives put online the last few weeks just for being friends with the 4 victims. Such as hoody guy when all he was doing was on a night out with his friends. I hope if anything this case might bring about some kind of laws and regulations about these crazy internet sleuths putting people’s personal info online.
i’m hoping it’s a wake up call for the whole “internet sleuth” movement tbh. these people should just go and play online mystery games if they’re so into finding clues etc, not playing around with real people’s lives. like the person upthread who is taking photos outside the house? why? what are you or anyone gaining by doing that.

i saw a comment on tiktok which was like “we need the 911 call to be released, we have to hear it” and loads of comments underneath being like yeah we definitely do!! and no you don’t. it is genuinely none of your business. likewise all the people who couldn’t believe that the police weren’t giving daily and detailed accounts of the investigation, it is absolutely none of your/our business.

at some point these internet detectives are going to get someone seriously hurt or worse. i know reddit have already driven one young man to suicide (during the boston bombings) but the way everyone treats real people like they’re characters in a play or a tv show purely because they’re on the vicinity of a terrible crime is so worrying. the social media age though i guess :(

Reactions: 25

Boogs

VIP Member
Thinking about how they put themselves in risky situations. I’ve previously said that I’m hyper vigilant as a result of childhood trauma but looking back I can still see that I put myself in plenty of potentially risky/dangerous situations in my late teens early 20s. It’s only with hindsight and maturity that I’ve been able to recognise that. When you’re that age you view risk in a different way. The fact that their house was party central probably lulled them into a false sense of security thinking that everyone in and around their immediate home was a friend and they were safe. Fuck me they should have been safe. When they stepped out of their home they did take precautions with the lift and the friend walking to the grub truck with them. They shouldn’t have to lock their bedroom doors when they are at home with their friends. I’m sure the other young people now at UOI are viewing their safety in a very different way now.

Regarding social media, again I think this is viewed differently by different ages. They became of age in an era when influencers put their entire life online. Although all the girls had open tiktok and Instagram accounts they weren’t prolific users of it like some of their peers would have been. I see far more concerning behaviour on social media where people lay out their whole lives and would be extremely easy to track down.

Ultimately the only reason they were not safe was because some violent bastard wanted to live out his fantasies. It’s awful that people are not really safe anywhere and we always need to be vigilant so we can protect ourselves.

Naataaliiee

I’m not sure what it is in particular about him, but I just cannot watch the interview with Maddie’s dad where he’s talking about his ‘Maddie May’ 😭 It breaks me every single time. He seems like such a lovely, lovely man and knowing that he’s divorced and Maddie was his only child is just heartbreaking. I just want to give him a hug and make sure he’s ok 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

lethscsmofdero

Chatty Member

Maybe this is the connection Kaylees dad mentioned?

ETA - aware could be BS as well!
Sounds like utter bullshit. An “investigative source” AKA some random loser who thinks they’re helping solve the case by disrespectfully and repeatedly inserting themselves into something that is absolutely none of their business.

This isn’t directed at the person i’m responding to, but so many people are so quick to believe rumours, they don’t care where these rumours come from, they don’t care whether the source is credible, as long as it adds to their narrative, they take it as fact. I can understand that people are desperate to find more evidence against the suspect, but rumours like this do more harm than good and people need to let law enforcement do their job. I’ve seen people on tiktok spread misinformation and back it up with rumours they’ve read in tiktok comments lmao. I saw this posted on tiktok by one of those strange, obsessive “reporters” who are in dire need of psychological evaluation and all the comments were eating it up and commenting things like “I knew it!!!” lol.

In my opinion anybody believing random rumours is a fucking idiot who needs to get a life and go outside. When it comes to criminal cases we should only be believing information coming from law enforcement and the family members of the victims and the suspects- when it comes to the latter we should also take things with a grain of salt as until things are confirmed my law enforcement, they hold no relevance. Him having contact with one of the victims would be seen as a motive and if it was true, it’s likely that it would have been included in the affidavit as further evidence.

I feel bad for law enforcement because this case has gotten out of hand and there are so many people with no knowledge and awareness theorising and talking complete shit. People are so insanely obsessive, it’s one thing to feel empathy for those involved, it’s another thing to act as though you knew the victims and are desperate to be the internet sleuth who solves everything lmao. There’s no point making up bullshit theories when you only have a very small amount of factual information. Again, i’m not targeting anybody on this thread, I don’t really keep up with this thread and i’ve only made two posts here (this one and one when I saw one of the survivors on daily mail), however, I see it all over tiktok and it’s infuriating and beyond inconsiderate

• Heart

mickeycat

Chatty Member
These Internet sleuths are just clutching at straws now surely.

How the fuck is it that a man has killed 4 young people, three of them women, and been caught.... yet it is the two victims that survived who are coming under suspicion and somehow getting blamed???

I can't work out if all this is just misogynistic victim blaming or if society is totally fucked up. Between people targeting the families of terrorist attack victims, the Nicola Bulley mess and this, you really have to wonder what is wrong with us as a society.

• Heart

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
House in Habit is a full trash human being. She is vile and it’s frustrating that her inaccurate reporting is being added to the thread. Complete definition of a grief tourist!

• Heart

Boogs

VIP Member
This story just gets more and more tragic 😔
I think we all hoped that as it was so quick that they were asleep and didn’t even know what happened. The idea that Xana had seen what he did to Ethan and that she fought for her life is heartbreaking. What a brave young woman she was 😞

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

Laura_jy

I completely agree; I can’t imagine what they’re going through at all! But it’s like they’re obsessed with making it about Kaylee.
I watched an interview with them and they explain their media presence and it made me sympathise with their approach where as before I felt the same. They said a lot of families who had their kids murdered and the case had gone cold, have reached out to them and said they wishes they had kept it in the media and spoke out more, they had been advised to keep quiet and now live with regret as the case lost interest, media moves on and the case went cold. So based on this, they’ve done everything they can to keep it in the public interest, keep people wanting answers and it in peoples mind so they do tip off things that may help the case. They know that they may not be liked for it, but I took a different perspective after hearing their explanation. Let’s face it, it was a long time until an arrest in their eyes they probably did think the interest, motivation and media would move on

• Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
Yeah I get why people are so confused by this. I am to an extent. But who’s to say she just didn’t think the worst and once the noise stopped she thought ah ok, I’m going back to sleep I’ll speak to them (the housemates) tomorrow. From what I’ve read and watched, the police had visited the house numerous times for noise complaints (house parties). The girls were warned about fines maybe she didn’t want to draw more attention to the house given that. IMO Dylan didn’t want to call police as she didn’t know the extent of it. It would be embarrassing for her if she had called the police and it was actually nothing. How would she live that down etc. How would she know four housemates were being/had been stabbed to death. It is no one’s first thoughts. Even after seeing the dark figure she didn’t think he’d just stabbed everyone.
Ultimately, she’s a survivor of a mass killer and people are unhappy about it! Maybe one could have survived if she had come out and dialled 911….but it really isn’t her fault, it’s the killer’s. Incredibly, a man kills four people and it’s a woman who’s on the receiving end of a load of online abuse on par to the actual killer (don’t mean here by the way, I mean Facebook and other news outlet comments sections).

Boogs

VIP Member
I watched an interview with them and they explain their media presence and it made me sympathise with their approach where as before I felt the same. They said a lot of families who had their kids murdered and the case had gone cold, have reached out to them and said they wishes they had kept it in the media and spoke out more, they had been advised to keep quiet and now live with regret as the case lost interest, media moves on and the case went cold. So based on this, they’ve done everything they can to keep it in the public interest, keep people wanting answers and it in peoples mind so they do tip off things that may help the case. They know that they may not be liked for it, but I took a different perspective after hearing their explanation. Let’s face it, it was a long time until an arrest in their eyes they probably did think the interest, motivation and media would move on
Was this the Chronicles of Olivia interview? I’ve just watched that and I feel like this advocacy is a massive part of their grieving process. Her Mum spent most of the interview trying to hold tears back and her Dad just looked awful. He was very pale and when he wasn’t talking he just looked exhausted and broken. There was one stage where her sister Alivea was talking and her Mum looked at her Dad and they appeared to reach out and hold hands behind Alivea. It was such a brief moment but the pain they are dealing with was so evident.

They found out Kaylee had died from a family member who was local who contacted them saying that Kaylee had been shot. Her Mum was trying to call Maddie as she was sure that Maddie would have contacted them if anything had happened. It was a number of hours before the police informed them. I can see why they didn’t have trust in them at first.

They also spoke a lot about Jack DuCoeur. Apparently Kaylee had been on a date with someone else a few weeks before and he called her a bitch. She was so horrified that she walked out and she said that Jack had never spoken to her like that. She said to her family that she might not find another Jack and what Maddie had told Adam was that Kaylee wanted to get back with Jack. Jack went to their house and stayed on their sofa for the first 3 days. That poor lad has had such a huge traumatic loss and has been torn apart by the public treating this like a tv programme or entertainment rather than an awful incident that resulted in 4 young people losing their lives in a horrific way leaving so many people bereaved.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
So someone has been on one of the Facebook groups and made an anonymous post saying they are a member of Bryan’s family and he has been set up by a security guard his did coke with. Now people are sharing pictures of security guards from the uni website 😳View attachment 1880510
Iv just read this and this kind of post (on the fb, not yours) is why i dislike that group. It can become dangerous because now people will hunt down anyone that works in that field within proximity and probably plaster their face all over the internet. I'm not sure i believe that post is genuinely from a family member either 🤷‍♀️
Internet sleuths have really made this case into a circus

Boogs

VIP Member
Iv just read this and this kind of post (on the fb, not yours) is why i dislike that group. It can become dangerous because now people will hunt down anyone that works in that field within proximity and probably plaster their face all over the internet. I'm not sure i believe that post is genuinely from a family member either 🤷‍♀️
Internet sleuths have really made this case into a circus
I don’t believe it’s a member of his family. I think there are lots of people who seem to delight in doing shit like this, even in such a horrendous situation.
I dread to think how many innocent people have been named on social media in this case.

• Sad

GiveMyHeadPeace

VIP Member
Somethings felt off to me since the arrest; and then even more so when the affidavit came out and he’d basically done the whole thing alone in like 15 minutes? It just really doesn’t make sense. Especially when in each room there were 2 people regardless of them being asleep - when he’s stabbing one the other would wake up and fight back/scream etc. idk it’s just so off.

eta: sorry if that sounded like the crazy Redditers/tik tokers. I just can’t get my head around the time frame
When Ted Bundy broke into the sorority house he murdered 2 and violently attacked 2 in 15 minutes and he acted alone so it is possible 😢

• Sad
  • Wow

Boogs

VIP Member
Today would have been Xana’s 21st birthday. Her family are asking people to do silly, fun things to honour her memory.
IMG_6198.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart

Upintheair83

VIP Member
I see the house is now all boarded up, so sad to see and imagine the horrors that went on in there..
wonder what will happen to it?
View attachment 1982697
I'm finding that extremely sad. The house seemed so full of life. The little touches the girls gave it with the fairy lights outside and the neon signs, the music coming from the house (on the body cam footage) and seeing all their personal photos taken outside the house.
I can't begin to fathom how their families will ever get over this. I don't know how Dylan or Bethany will ever not be haunted by the trauma of it all. God knows if they will ever sleep soundly again. B.K was pure and utter evil that night, the stuff of nightmares.
To remove the light of those 4 young souls 😔 The face of evil for sure.

• Sad
Reactions: 22

Treesy19

VIP Member
It’s so chilling isn’t it, at the end of the night after going out (when I used to go out lol) we’d always be “text me when you get home!” etc…and here we have: they got home and it turned out to be the unsafe place. 💔

• Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
When Ted Bundy broke into the sorority house he murdered 2 and violently attacked 2 in 15 minutes and he acted alone so it is possible 😢
someone made the good point here a few pages back that 15 minutes is actually way way longer than we think it is - if you were to sit in silence and do nothing for fifteen minutes you can see it’s a significant amount of time. like with the bundy example, the victims were also all unarmed and asleep or drowsy. it sadly is possible :(

Can someone please explain to me what it means that he's waived his right to a speedy trial? I'm so confused and don't understand what this means going forward.
The ‘speedy trial’ would be his right to have a preliminary hearing within 14 days - at this preliminary hearing the prosecution would have to present their probable cause/evidence as to why they believe he is guilty of the crime.

he has waived his right to this hearing so he will now have to wait until June before hearing the information presented by the prosecution (at which point he can then choose how to plead -guilty/not guilty). This gives him and his defence more time to provide a defence against what he is being accused of I guess?

that’s my understanding - anyone else feel free to add/correct

• Heart
Reactions: 21