The Michalaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really enjoyed the wardrobe video too. I found her very relaxed and happy to just chat about clothes. And she seems to shop responsibly and keep her clothes for a long time.
It was one of her best videos in a long time. Like she was happy to be left alone in her little girly bubble. No huge camera, no scenario. Really enjoyed it.

Reactions: 5
The Michalaks #2 - Content as lacking as Stef's hair follicles.

(Hannah's so much better without him. I really enjoyed the wardrobe video.)

• Haha
The Michalaks #2 - Content as lacking as Stef's hair follicles.

(Hannah's so much better without him. I really enjoyed the wardrobe video.)
People are drawn to Hannah. When she set up her interiors account it took off straight away. 45k followers currently. I don’t like all of their interiors but I really like her clothes & she has a flair for styling things.

Reactions: 4
She could do with running an iron over her bed sheet tho (latest grid post).
But then she wouldn’t be a hipster...

Did anyone notice how she mentioned a couple of times in her newest video how her body shape changed, she also said her white jeans makes her legs look bigger...she obviously has a body image issues with herself.

• Sad
I do really like Hannah’s style, she could get so many views from doing videos around fashion like how to style outfits or come shop with me’s.

does anyone know what her style would be classed as? Really want to overhaul my wardrobe!

But then she wouldn’t be a hipster...

Did anyone notice how she mentioned a couple of times in her newest video how her body shape changed, she also said her white jeans makes her legs look bigger...she obviously has a body image issues with herself.
Yes I do and honestly whilst I agree, your body can change shape even if you weigh the same, but she certainly appears to think of herself as big/fat! There is nothing of her.

I do really like Hannah’s style, she could get so many views from doing videos around fashion like how to style outfits or come shop with me’s.

does anyone know what her style would be classed as? Really want to overhaul my wardrobe!
Yes, Stef needs to step away, let Hannah have her old raw vlogs back on her own.

Reactions: 1
I’d be really interested in watching videos like styling a black cami five ways and five black jeans outfits etc. She obviously wears her clothes loads of different ways rather than buying loads of new stuff.
There’s so much mileage in that and Stef wouldn’t need to get involved and make it miserable either.

Reactions: 7
Well this is the thing. The shift happened when it went from Hannah Maggs to The Michalaks when Baldspot McVoiceover took over and started turning it grey and depressing.

Hannah and Gleam need to wise up, sack the montages, husband any emphasis on the kids. There’s no need to sell your kids Hannah, people are still interested in you / your style / interiors. And sorry, I’m sure he’s a delight but Grayson hasn’t been cute since 2017.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Well this is the thing. The shift happened when it went from Hannah Maggs to The Michalaks when Baldspot McVoiceover took over and started turning it grey and depressing.

Hannah and Gleam need to wise up, sack the montages, husband any emphasis on the kids. There’s no need to sell your kids Hannah, people are still interested in you / your style / interiors. And sorry, I’m sure he’s a delight but Grayson hasn’t been cute since 2017.
Oh my god baldspot mcvoiceover. I am dead.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Keeping things simple is key. Hannah is very marketable, I like her a lot. People do come to see Hannah. I love her naturalistic presenting style, never patronising, and when creating her own output she’s very relatable, it’s like hanging out with a friend. She’s very attractive, has an eye for style, her taste is often spot on with clothes, toys, books etc. It’s not easy being a mum of two and keeping the momentum, rhythm of output going but I really believe if it were just her channel alone she would be hugely successful.

Reactions: 11
couldn’t agree more with these suggestions! Though we all know it’ll never happen due to Stef having an ego the size of Antarctica, he’d never not be on screen 😤

God almighty, I just watched their France video. Although the cinematography was stunning, Stef has to completely ruin it by doing voiceovers just talking complete bollocks

There’s a weird part where he’s comparing the south of France to his ex Lucy, and he says ‘the south of France will never post an engagement photo on Instagram with the caption I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. Good luck dating a type 2 diabetic mate’

duck me. I’m no snowflake but how much more insulting can you be? Actually cannot stand this hole.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I think all Stef’s ‘creative’ output looks like a second rate ad. YouTube is about relatability & authenticity not slick production & pretentious voice overs. He doesn’t understand the platform or the audience - he makes it about him all the time. He should’ve stuck with photography & short fillms on Instagram, allowed that to be his outlet. Hannah should refocus on YouTube - she’s far more likeable & when she wants to can make great content that brands (clothes, beauty, fitness, family, home/garden) would pay big bucks for.

Reactions: 6
There’s a weird part where he’s comparing the south of France to his ex Lucy, and he says ‘the south of France will never post an engagement photo on Instagram with the caption I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. Good luck dating a type 2 diabetic mate’
Oh, wow. This is why I could never subscribe to them again. Love Hannah, but her husband is absolutely repugnant. WTF does she see in him!?

Reactions: 9
Can the new thread be
The Michalaks #2 : The Adventures of Hannah Maggs and Baldspot McVoiceover

I don’t think Stefs ego would be able to take it.
@Ihatepeonies its still making me laugh now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Oh, wow. This is why I could never subscribe to them again. Love Hannah, but her husband is absolutely repugnant. WTF does she see in him!?
She honestly looked pretty repulsed by him herself in most of that vlog. They were in the car and he asked her if she thought the chihuahua dog they saw was so Quivering and creepy and she sort of laughed awkwardly and said ‘..no I don’t think that’

I’d cheer for her if she divorced his nasty pompous arse.

Reactions: 8
I think he met her at a vulnerable time. He was older, working at Heat, introduced her to a London lifestyle and took her away on lots of weekend breaks. Then when the vlogging began he took over and because his filming and editing skills are good and he got a lot of praise for it she felt she needed to stay with him. If they met eachother today I very much doubt Hannah would be interested in Stef.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think he met her at a vulnerable time. He was older, working at Heat, introduced her to a London lifestyle and took her away on lots of weekend breaks. Then when the vlogging began he took over and because his filming and editing skills are good and he got a lot of praise for it she felt she needed to stay with him. If they met eachother today I very much doubt Hannah would be interested in Stef.
Definitely this. IIRC she was in her really early 20s, was still grieving losing her mum and had moved to London not too long ago. He lavished her with lots of expensive gifts and trips.

She could do so much better!!

Totally agree, there’s something quite bitter and snarky about Stef that’s really unlikeable.
And Hannah seems so unhappy, maybe to do with the marriage and feeling she can’t escape. I think she probably thinks she doesn’t have an out, and has lost her passion for social media, so she can’t imagine doing it for herself and earning a living.

She seems to have changed a bit in the last few blogs, a bit more ‘up’? I’d say gleam had words - it was obvious that she was coming across as hating stef and resenting the whole YouTube thing.

Reactions: 6
He is weird. I wonder if there is an ex girlfriend called Lucy or whether he made that up for the video.
I watched their latest blog and it was funny to hear their comments on themselves. Stef did see what a stick up his ass he has and funny doesn’t realise it now either?
It makes me so sad Hannah is so obsessed with her weight. She looks as thin as always if not more with her workouts. She’s a lot musclier now with the crazy work outs.

If Stef can’t go back to making vlogs like the ones 5 years ago when he was getting 156K views then I hope they both get real jobs.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.