Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

CatHun

VIP Member
Can the new thread be
The Michalaks #2 : The Adventures of Hannah Maggs and Baldspot McVoiceover

I don’t think Stefs ego would be able to take it.
@Ihatepeonies its still making me laugh now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I am disgusted. What a vile show of wealth. Doing up houses and then having the luxury of ‘not feeling it’s quite right’ so deciding to build a new one. And in the same video, making reference to Extinction Rebellion.

Hey, Michalaks... have a think about your excessive consumerism and how that impacts the environment!

Absolute disgrace and so far removed from reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

murphy

Genuine intellectuals don't vlog their kids for a living. He thinks he's higher up the food chain than bottom feeders like the Sacconejolys but there's only a difference of style. The substance is essentially the same.

Increasingly of the view that vloggers are all ego maniacs. They're not made that way by the pressure of the 'job', the job simply attracts an above average number of narcissists. They can't take any criticism.

As for his alleged 'creativity'...sorry, can't even summon the enthusiasm to critique it.

And, like the post above, can't abide the use of the child to parrot words it can't understand. It's awful. Cringe making, self-indulgent whimsy of the worst kind.

Reactions: 23

Ihatepeonies

Chatty Member
Well this is the thing. The shift happened when it went from Hannah Maggs to The Michalaks when Baldspot McVoiceover took over and started turning it grey and depressing.

Hannah and Gleam need to wise up, sack the montages, husband any emphasis on the kids. There’s no need to sell your kids Hannah, people are still interested in you / your style / interiors. And sorry, I’m sure he’s a delight but Grayson hasn’t been cute since 2017.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
Oh do F**k off Hannah with your ‘we will have to live on beans on toast for another month’ because we are buying really expensive ugly lights for our house which we have spent around a million on! 🙄😡
Love this⬆ They would be organic beans from the local farm shop though😉 Poor, poor Hannah, living in her rented 5 bedroom house whilst paying a team of builders to renovate their house for them. Someone set up another crowd funding page to help these hard working influencers out.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
There was definitely a sweet spot when Grayson was a toddler and they still lived in their London flat - where their videos still felt natural and personable while utilising Stef’s filming style to make them much more interesting visually then the usual boring family vlogs on YouTube. The problem is Stef really turned into an ego maniac and started using the platform that Hannah built to spew his annoying unnecessary viewpoints. The first real instance that I noticed was during the Notting Hill Carnival debacle some years back.

When they went out of their way to attend the event knowing they didn’t enjoy it (both mentioned having been previously) just so they could get shots of themselves in the crowd pulling faces and looking disgusted. Also in the car they made jokes about how they’re probably going to get stabbed 🤨. They then attended a cream tea out in the countryside in the same vlog to contrast and I think they even titled the video ‘Heaven and Hell’.

When people took offence to the weird juxtaposition of framing a cultural event centred around celebrating the Afro-Caribbean community (specifically created because of the racism and police brutality they suffered) as hell and a posh white countryside event as heaven he immediately went on the offence. Then he made a video after Trump won the election and said it was because of people like us (those who took offence at the situation). And Hannah was very much in agreement with him so any BLM statements from either of them I would take with a massive pinch of salt honestly.

Ihatepeonies

Chatty Member
Agreed. Bath and parenthood have made them into such a snoozefest

If Vespa riding- celeb -shagging -stef Michelak had seen himself now, 8 years ago he would have jumped off the top of Heat Towers

• Haha

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
If you have to write up and structure a weekly vlog then you are in the wrong job.

They were popular when they did latte art, 'Here's Gracie' when being picked up from nursery and watching Hannah take her make up bags to the post office.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

solecongregant

I used to watch Hannah very occasionally years ago and, like a lot of people, stopped watching because of Stef. I really hate when a woman is doing well on YouTube just the way she is and then her partner has to get involved and suddenly all of their videos are just about making videos - the direction they want to take their videos in production wise or their new filming set up or whatever. It's just never that deep. These men come across as taking it upon themselves to mansplain something that a woman was perfectly successful at before, thinking they are elevating it, when they're actually just making it tedious and pretentious and self referential and it's just a bit parasitic of them. Just let women talk to women on YouTube about whatever they want in whatever way they want. Just allow them their own space. I don't care about the production values. I just want a space where I can watch women talking about whatever issues are affecting them and whatever is on their mind without having to sign up to deal with someone else's partner too to be honest.

Anyway, I saw this thread and went to have a look at what they were up to. I haven't made it all the way through their latest video yet because I was so nauseated by their privilege. The only reference they seem to make to the outrage around George Floyd's killing, the unprecedented conversation that has opened up, the countless other instances of racism and brutality that are finally being discussed on a wider scale, as well as the global pandemic that is raging, is to say that it's affecting their 'editing' and ability to 'connect' with their 'work' and their 'production.' There's a lot of people who wish they could take a 'sabbatical' from the reality of life at the moment but don't have the privilege too.

How strange to start a 'sit down' video and then cut to yourself talking about kinetic sand before going back to your 'sit down' navel gazing.

How utterly tone deaf to film yourself looking out of the window saying 'its a war zone out there' referring to the difficulty of 'acknowledging the wider world' without getting cancelled. Imagine thinking the war zone out there is how to navigate addressing a pandemic that disproportionately affecting black and minority ethnic folks and working class folk or the continued killing and brutalization of black bodies in your 'production' rather than those actual issues. I'm actually genuinely disgusted at them. Whatever work they claim to be doing to educate themselves isn't working. This is a sentiment that it is ignorant and privileged to express, even in a throwaway comment, but to spend hours producing some weird bit about it with yourself in a trilby is even more shocking. You'd think you'd question what you were doing at some point in that time. Wow.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Cookiesncream

I winced when he said the words “I don’t want to risk another boy” “I don’t want another boy”. Imagine the boys listening back to that in the future. I personally think if you wouldn’t be happy with either gender, you shouldn’t expand your family. A child is a blessing, and as a family who has experienced miscarriages, Stef should really appreciate that.

Ihatepeonies

Chatty Member
So Stef wants to become a Range Rover driving landlord, profiting from people who can’t get on the property ladder. Brilliant. I’m not one for super personal comments on here but what an absolute monstrous bellend he’s become.

Reactions: 20

LurkyLou

I've unsubscribed from them as I can no longer handle Stef. Two weeks ago he maturely addressed all the feedback they've received, regarding the over production of their videos. Then in last week's video he did a pretty rude opening monologue, where he all but confirmed that he wasn't going to change the video format. He is incapable of taking any kind of constructive criticism. And he wants to produce a show for Netflix? Oh sweet summer child, you can't even handle feedback on your channel. He's the Kanye West of YouTube. He thinks he is a creative unicorn, when in reality he's just a punch line to a really bad joke.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Ghosttalk4

Chatty Member
Yes! This 100%! Particularly the bit while still filming and apologising. Rufus must have been so distressed.
This was so awful to watch. I have a son the same age. I know that when he has an accident in public, even though it's completely normal and expected, he feels so upset and embarrassed. It's my job to make it ok, not film him and react in a way that makes him feel ashamed.

He then made the poor kid walk all the way back to the car with a camera shoved in his face, laughing at the fact that he was waddling in wet pants and not going fast enough. Pick the poor boy up and help him, not humiliate him and then share it with the world.

The irony is, he said he was trying to capture the precious moment of getting his first bike. He has probably just captured something that poor kid will be discussing in a future therapy session.

• Sad
  • Angry

Miss LDN

VIP Member
These knob heads captured a field mouse and it's mate and put it in a cage. Let their kid handle it and it died. WTF. Apparently they couldn't say no to bratty Grayson. Yes you can. That's what parents do. It's called right from wrong. The fact that they put it up as content. Shows they are so feckin dim.
Hannah is about as interesting as a venetian blind. Put the vegan wine down and eat something woman. As for that ginger twat. He's about as funny as piles. They need to call it a day and get proper jobs.

• Haha

Miss LDN

VIP Member
I’m going to be honest, I think the Michalaks are fab.

I think Stef is super talented with the way he puts the videos together and I find them so relaxing to watch. I love the fact that the videos aren’t about the children, they’re just part of it. I like that they manage to keep an element of privacy there and I enjoy their outdoorsy theme. Do I think sometimes Stef could reign it in with the monologues? Maybe, but to be honest I quite enjoy his wit.

I find Hannah very watchable and don’t find her offensive in the slightest. I can see she struggles with mental health and certainly has patches of depression/anxiety but I admire that they don’t keep pushing content out for the sake of it and will take a few weeks off if they need to. Like others have said I’m certain they have another stream of income.

They are such an antidote to the bizarre family vloggers out there who push any old thing out every day just to remain relevant.

I can see here they are not everyone’s cup of tea and that’s cool, but I genuinely enjoy their content.
Why tell Tattle. Go on their social media. This is for people who can't stand them.

• Heart
  • Haha

EchoRomeo

wow i didn't see that! they let the kids run wild , i never see those kids behave well. you can just tell Grayson is allowed to do whatever the hell he wants, including kick Stef on the head.
To be honest, he’s just doing what we all dream of doing...

• Haha
Reactions: 18

GhostHoward

VIP Member
Let me get this straight...

They captured wild mice. Bought a cage that was far too small for them. Had absolutely no idea how to care for them (hint...they're wild animals, leave them the fuck alone). Watched them suffer and die. Thought it was appropriate to blog about it and laugh at THEIR misfortune?

How is this not blowing up?

• Wow
  • Angry

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
Praise the lord, Hannah has given us a tutorial on how to make a bowl of berries and yogurt for a mid morning snack or even breakfast! Wow, I couldnt have made it through the morning without her!
Fingers crossed she teaches us some more cooking skills today, maybe toast? I've always struggled with that one 🧐

• Haha

Hereforthegigs

Chatty Member
Getting Greyson to talk a load of shit is appalling, he doesn't even know what the words mean. Let him be a kid, not someone that will make your videos seem more special.
They are honestly such a bore fest and massive try hards, they have the personalities of a dead octopus. So up their own arse, and actually so very bored of eachother.... You can tell from how Hannah acts.

Reactions: 17