The Ingham Family #28 Sarah’s about to pop, but still finds time to shop, they want baby to arrive late, so daddy still gets to skate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can’t stand chai syrup 🤢 I don’t mind the powder though, I’ve never made my own but something to look into!

Re: Sarah’s ring (I don’t know how to do multiple quotes) I haven’t worn mine since I was pregnant with my 11 month old 😂🙈🤷‍♀️ It’s just a piece a jewellery at the end of the day (and I’ve lost it, but don’t tell my husband!) (moving house soon, it’ll turn up then...)

If she is induced on the 31st and in labour for a couple of days I’ll share a birthday with baby mingham.... Can I change my birthday by deed poll? :p
Here is my recipe for it.

My recipe for Indian tea or what I have now discovered is popularly called chai latte. Although the syrups you are served in coffee shops and can buy in supermarkets are not in anyway shape or form proper chai latte. You need the proper herbs and spices for that.
I learned the basis of this recipe from a girl I lived in halls with almost 1/4 of a century ago. Yikes! She was from Leicester and her family was from the Punjab region. They were (and probably still are a lovely family). I have added to the recipe and tweaked it over the years and this is the way I make it now. Myself and my older son like it but my husband and younger son don't. It is a bit like marmite in that you either love it or hate it, there is no in between.
• Into a saucepan you put a mugful of water, a tea bag and a dsp of sugar (we don't use sugar in this house so we substitute that with xylitol)
• Turn on the heat and as it is coming to the boil, add the following ingredients
- a handful of sultanas
- some broken up cinnamon bark
- a tsp or 2 of fennel seeds
- a tsp or 2 of ajwain seeds
- a few black pepper corns
- 3 or 4 whole green cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 or 4 cloves
- some fresh ginger
• Allow all that to simmer for just a couple of minutes
• Add a mugful of milk (whole milk is preferable to get the creamier taste to it) and bring it back to the boil. Pay close attention as it will boil over easily, I like to watch for it to start rising up the pan and take it off the heat at the last second (living dangerously ha ha)
• Strain the tea into a warmed jug or tea pot and serve.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm just imagining the Creepy Crew, rocking up to a historic stately home.....

...Him with his ridiculous, oversized gimbal and filming paraphernalia, whizzing through the grand halls on his skates with gay abandon, shouting "woohoooooooo" as he spies an original, one of a kind, metalwork banister to slide down whilst Lazy cackles like a fishwife at the naked male statues which her and Issy have spotted ("Oh. Em. Gee. Mum, I'm lit-rally blushing right now.") and Isla knocks down precious heirlooms with her every move, her ever-flailing limbs akimbo as her amazing reading skills apparently do not extend as far as her grabby reaches, ignoring the "Do not touch" signs plastered everywhere.

And whilst this chaos ensues, Esme is politely pushing Eggbert around in his pram (which stinks of dogs), baby all squished up alongside approximately 10 of those terrifying, "lifelike", beastly, doll things which they insist on carting around.

New money, eh? It can buy you a National Trust membership and an overpriced, slightly stale, afternoon (cream) tea but it really can't buy you a very very lot of class.

this is GOLD

Reactions: 3
Lazy just said in the vlog that York "is just a city center full of shops". I really just want to throw a history book at her head.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Lazy just said in the vlog that York "is just a city center full of shops". I really just want to throw a history book at her head.
York is beautiful and so full of history. We only live an hour away and love going but never go there to shop. We like to go down the shambles, whipmawhopma gate, the castle museum, for a walk around the castle walls etc. It's stunning and probably one of my favourite days out.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
🤦🏻‍♀️ I lived in York for three years for uni. It’s so much more than that... 😡

Haven’t watched the vlog- did they go to York? I literally just got back yesterday and thought I saw Isabelle on Friday actually which is likely just a coincidence.

Reactions: 8
Any bets they start trying to flog Ingham Family Chai tea bags for about £15 when you can buy a box at Asda for 89p.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
It’s so big you’d be hard done by to not be on target

York is so full of history, there's the Minster and all the Viking history. If they took an open top bus tour they'd learn loads. Isla seems very keen to learn and all three kids would enjoy it. They make me sick with how little they care about education.

Reactions: 12

Haven’t watched the vlog- did they go to York? I literally just got back yesterday and thought I saw Isabelle on Friday actually which is likely just a coincidence.
No, they went for a picnic because Lazy "didn't want to walk round shops all day"

• Haha
  • Wow
When creepy is stood on a cliff edge and your mind is thinking what could have happened - for the best 👌

Sarah scrubber loving all the freebies from kids 🙄

York is so full of history, there's the Minster and all the Viking history. If they took an open top bus tour they'd learn loads. Isla seems very keen to learn and all three kids would enjoy it. They make me sick with how little they care about education.
I couldn’t believe that either, some “traveller” she is

I live 30 mins from York and we’ve walked the walls, been to Jorvik centre, the museums, York minster, picnics along the river

Don’t get angry people - chavs don’t appreciate beauty cities full of history

Oh god she thinks she’s carol vorderman 🙈😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
So did Sarah just sit on her arse at the car when they went for the walk?

Contradicted themselves again, didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to York but did an hour drive to the other place

Out of curiosity just wondered if any of you lovely lot have ever had the misfortune to meet Chris @ Sarah- I don’t mean at a ‘ meet up’ where it is staged- but just randomly out and about!!! I get the impression(and I could be wrong😳) they could be really rude to you
Yes! Chris was polite and chatty, Sarah was quiet and shifty, the girls were polite and smiley.

York was second on my UCAS list but unfortunately, I didn't get in. I applied to guide at one of the National Trust properties there last year but wasn't successful either. But growing up in Yorkshire, I spent so much time there, I feel offended that she doesn't know the history of the city, from Eboracum and beyond.

I'd write a list of great things in York on this post, but (assuming she reads here) I don't know if I should waste my time.

Reactions: 2
So did Sarah just sit on her arse at the car when they went for the walk?

Contradicted themselves again, didn’t want to drive 45 minutes to York but did an hour drive to the other place
And she thinks all that rock climbing she did will bring the baby

Reactions: 4
And she thinks all that rock climbing she did will bring the baby
Didn’t actually see her rock climbing or at the picnic though or did I miss it, her bits seemed cleverly edited in but I doubt she went very far from the car

Reactions: 5
Cue tomorrow’s thumbnail title..5 days overdue..yawn..get creative you amateur twats!

Last edited:
  • Haha

Same! Even stayed for a couple of years after uni and never got bored! Gorgeous city with loads to do. Another eye roll for stupid things creepy and lazy say.

Nice hearty dinner I see again! Would love to see them cook a full from scratch roast dinner one time, and how stressful it would be for them 😂

Creepy Chris reminds me of those wheelers from Return to Oz

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.