The Ingham Family #193 Winch Me Up Before You Go-Go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In their first ‘van life’ video, when travelling in the van, Esme and Isla have no headrests. Isabelle is in a sideways facing seat because when they stop he removes the table and Isabelle is sat at the side. Sideways facing isn’t illegal but isn’t recommended.

I don’t know how safe the youngest two are but no way my children would be travelling in such an unsafe vehicle. In the event of an accident you can see the girls have none of the support that the adults have in the front seats.

They can justify all they want.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
They should just go home. Decorate the house. They still haven’t finished milas room. They could make a start on Isabelle and Esme’s rooms. Do the walk in wardrobe. Finish decorating the master bedroom and get the blinds fitted, instead of the twit and me blanket.
The money they are using for this trip and the stupid amount he spent on the van and doing up the van could of been spent on making their house homely. Rugs, furniture (other than sofas 🙄) art work, they could of even spent the money on getting a carpenter in and and adding storage.

Then Sarah could go shopping and get some Halloween decor and decorate the house and do themed activities. Pumpkin carving, Halloween themed baking, Halloween themed homeschooling. Once Halloween’s finished carry on with jobs around the house. Then bonfire night if they don’t want to go out they could get their garden set up, maybe have a bbq night with fireworks and sparklers. Then carry on with more house things. If they did that their house would be finished and ready for Christmas and then they can do Xmas themed activities and days out. I’m sure the ifam would prefer that than seeing their miserable faces stuck in the tuna can van.

Last edited:
Reactions: 49
Well, I thought it was safety expert Jason.
I want to know who safety checked this van. Proof required lazy you big Lardy Liar
I always thought you had to have full back and head rest. I don’t really know anything about what you can and can’t do with regards to seats.Are those seats safe being so low?.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
They should just go home. Decorate the house. They still haven’t finished milas room. They could make a start on Isabelle and Esme’s rooms. Do the walk in wardrobe. Finish decorating the master bedroom and get the blinds fitted, instead of the twit and me blanket.
The money they are using for this trip and the stupid amount he spent on the van and doing up the van could of been spent on making their house homely. Rugs, furniture (other than sofas 🙄) art work, they could of even spent the money on getting a carpenter in and and adding storage.

Then Sarah could go shopping and get some Halloween decor and decorate the house and do themed activities. Pumpkin carving, Halloween themed baking, Halloween themed homeschooling. Once Halloween’s finished carry on with jobs around the house. Then bonfire night if they don’t want to go out they could get their garden set up, maybe have a bbq night with fireworks and sparklers. Then carry on with more house things. If they did that their house would be finished and ready for Christmas and then they can do Xmas themed activities and days out. I’m sure the ifam would prefer that than seeing their miserable faces stuck in the tuna can van.
100% this is the content that gets them mosey views, and that ifam want to see.

That new house lying unfinished is a total joke.As much as I dislike the house , it is perfect for decorating for Halloween, Christmas etc .. they could do so much and make it magical!

Reactions: 19
100% this is the content that gets them mosey views, and that ifam want to see.

That new house lying unfinished is a total joke.As much as I dislike the house , it is perfect for decorating for Halloween, Christmas etc .. they could do so much and make it magical!
I just don’t understand why they don’t want to get settled in properly. They could get organised and make it a home. It’s so cold and clinical. I also don’t understand why they bought that van when they have a caravan. Waste of money if you ask me. It looked better before creepy got his hands on it.

Reactions: 25
A vlog that clearly shows how to safely seat 7 people: 3 adults, 2 kids, one toddler, and one baby in a dpd van, which can be converted to sleep those same seven every night, will give them MILLIONS of views for many years to come. They don’t even have to try to make it entertaining. Just pure information. People will always search for how to install baby seats in different types of vehicles.

Too bad Chris’s lame effort at the conversion has destroyed this opportunity completely. He could even have had an expert do the job professionally so he could show how safe it is in the vlog later. He only has himself and his ginormous ego to blame.
Chris can't do this though as it likely doesn't fit seven people safely when driving. Otherwise he would be the first to show it off. He has made a mess it it I believe. Not sure if he got it all checked out before they left for the insurance etc however if he didn't and they were to crash his insurance would be void. I can just imagine him telling Sarah he had it all checked out and not actually doing it because he didn't want to fial and desperately wanted to travel around Europe in his creation. The views are low because they don't appeal to the vanlife community and the ifam are not into it they prefer Disney land, halloween hauls and vlogmas. It would have been more interesting if they wrr eyravelling to some different countries in Europe however they will likely only go to Spain, France maybe Portugal.

Reactions: 20
Also of the isofix is on the back seat why the 2 random not fitted seat belts just hanging off a loop on the jack seat? Just screwed in by creepy! Also notice the pike of wires just hanging from the ceiling above them 🤦‍♀️ that van is a death trap and apart from the 2 front seat not a single seat belt is safe or checked!

Ps ignore the spelling was trying to do speaker text while feeding the baby 🤣
I hate to defend the creepy smelly bastard but these are commercially available seat units for van conversions that also do have an option for iso-fix, that being said I have never seen any fitted using soft play equipment as the cushions.
Seat.png

Reactions: 5
Chris can't do this though as it likely doesn't fit seven people safely when driving. Otherwise he would be the first to show it off. He has made a mess it it I believe. Not sure if he got it all checked out before they left for the insurance etc however if he didn't and they were to crash his insurance would be void. I can just imagine him telling Sarah he had it all checked out and not actually doing it because he didn't want to fial and desperately wanted to travel around Europe in his creation. The views are low because they don't appeal to the vanlife community and the ifam are not into it they prefer Disney land, halloween hauls and vlogmas. It would have been more interesting if they wrr eyravelling to some different countries in Europe however they will likely only go to Spain, France maybe Portugal.
I don't believe they had it checked at all , he said he was still working on it till the early hours of the morning they left and just chucked everything in and went , prove us wrong Inghams , but it has to be checked and certified by bona fida professionals , not ya mate from down the road .

Reactions: 25
I always thought you had to have full back and head rest. I don’t really know anything about what you can and can’t do with regards to seats.Are those seats safe being so low?.
Either Isla is as iddy biddy as they claim, therefore under 135cm and should be in a car seat so that seat belt would be at the right height, or it's poorly fitted and doesn't come down at the right height/angle because in that picture it's across her neck not her body! What do they think that would do in an accident?

Reactions: 15
I hate to defend the creepy smelly bastard but these are commercially available seat units for van conversions that also do have an option for iso-fix, that being said I have never seen any fitted using soft play equipment as the cushions.
View attachment 799809
If fitted correctly but his looks like a bodge job with him just screwing it in Boway would have been fitted and checked correctly or it would have failed and like you say he's brought soft play mats as the seats and I bet they are not even fitted correct as he has to move them to make the bed! The wires hanging next to it are not safe either He's just ordered the bits of Amazon and things job done 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 10
If fitted correctly but his looks like a bodge job with him just screwing it in Boway would have been fitted and checked correctly or it would have failed and like you say he's brought soft play mats as the seats and I bet they are not even fitted correct as he has to move them to make the bed! The wires hanging next to it are not safe either He's just ordered the bits of Amazon and things job done 🤦‍♀️
Wouldnt surprise me if those soft play seats are what isla and jace are sleeping on, thiers no way they are moving them and putting a matteress in place everyday.
Come on guys, prove us wrong and give us a van tour!!

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I was doing some googling about fitting isofix in a converted van, and a few of the posts I came across commented how difficult it is to get insurance and MOT etc if you change the seating arrangements because there are so many safety factors to consider and if you want to ensure it's done correctly it can be very expensive. You should also have them crash tested etc and even though it's legal to have side seats with or without seatbelts, your insurance might not cover it regardless. It's definitely complicated, hence why they are getting so many questions from other vanlifers asking how they are seating everyone safely because it's not common at all to do this due to the difficulties involved.

Reactions: 21
I wouldn’t mind betting that Chris has done the bare minimum in that van to ensure they are not breaking the law. So that they can use the van asap, but that doesn’t mean it’s safe.

Reactions: 17
How can Esme have a seatbelt over her shoulder in that picture? And I've seen them driving with her in that position so they can't say they were stationary

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.