The Ingham Family #193 Winch Me Up Before You Go-Go.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not saying what creepy has done is right or wrong but while people keep saying it hasn't been done correctly and hasn't been checked you are just feeding into their narrative that we're all just jealous haters,
It is the difference between thinking it hasn't been done correctly and actually knowing it hasn't been done correctly (either way it looks tit)

From a van conversion company website,
So why is it hard to tell whether a conversion is safe?
If a vehicle is first registered as a commercial van, and then reclassified as a motorhome, it does not need approval. Campervan conversions therefore generally start out registered as commercial vans. This avoids the costly and inconvenient approval process – but also means regulation is virtually impossible, with the DVLA only ‘cherry picking’ a few re-classification changes to look at in more detail from the thousands they receive.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
How can Esme have a seatbelt over her shoulder in that picture? And I've seen them driving with her in that position so they can't say they were stationary
Yeah they are driving as I took the screenshot. Is it legal to sit there with no back support. Can’t see a seatbelt either. Maybe she has a round the waist one 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 10
Tbh I don’t know about the ins and ours of the legalities but legal or not if Esme is sat like that when driving, it is not a safe position to be in. If there were an accident she could be seriously injured and for me the fact they are happy to put their child at risk this way show me all I need to know. Just because something is legal, doesn’t make it safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Either Isla is as iddy biddy as they claim, therefore under 135cm and should be in a car seat so that seat belt would be at the right height, or it's poorly fitted and doesn't come down at the right height/angle because in that picture it's across her neck not her body! What do they think that would do in an accident?
Islas doesn’t seem so bad as she has a back rest up to her neck. I was more referring to Esme. Where’s her seatbelt and surely having that huge gap with no backrest isn’t safe. If they crashed her spine would be smashed into to the seat frame.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Wouldnt surprise me if those soft play seats are what isla and jace are sleeping on, thiers no way they are moving them and putting a matteress in place everyday.
Come on guys, prove us wrong and give us a van tour!!
All the kids are. That’s why Sarah and Chris had to have the top bunk. It’s the only bed with an actual mattress. Who cares about the kids comfort or the practicality as long as Lard Arse is sorted. Euro road trip air con flashbacks.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
Christ they are shitting in bushes and picking in up in nappy bags. I suppose at least they are cleaning up their tit. What a selfish prick Chris is. They could have gone a few wonderful holidays for the money wasted on thta van when they have a caravan they could have done most of this in. What doesn't he understand about the fact that he has five children and it isn't practical to go wild camping. He never puts his family first.

Mila and Esme both look like Chris although Emse is a pretty version. Mila is cute though. Isla and Jace look very alike Sarah. I think Izzy must take after her father. Chris is one ugly man.
more like that they are pooing outside and then just putting the wipes they have wiped with in the nappy bags

• Sick
Reactions: 25
Yeah they are driving as I took the screenshot. Is it legal to sit there with no back support. Can’t see a seatbelt either. Maybe she has a round the waist one 🤷🏻‍♀️.
There are 4 seatbelts in the back as the have shown two sets of two, I don’t know about Isabelle, if she is sitting sideways though it’s not safe either way. But not illegal.

Reactions: 3
If the seats were done correctly they would 100% be shown, there has been plenty asking in comments on YouTube and Instagram about the seating arrangements.
I just cant get over that there is 2 adults out there who think this is ok to drive hundreds and hundreds of miles with 5 kids in these conditions I really hope these kids come out of this trip unharmed 😥

Reactions: 24
There's no law that even requires side facing seats to have seatbelts. So legally people can sit there, but whether it's SAFE or not is another matter. Your insurance may not be willing to cover passengers sitting in side facing seats regardless of if they have seatbelts fitted. Children under 12 should all be secured using proper 3 point fixed belts - from one of the screenshots it looks like Isla is which is good. Also even if your insurance says "yes we'll cover you", if the police stop you and deem it's unsafe you can still get a fine. We just need to hope for the sake of the children that everything is installed correctly and it's safe.

Reactions: 13
There's no law that even requires side facing seats to have seatbelts. So legally people can sit there, but whether it's SAFE or not is another matter. Your insurance may not be willing to cover passengers sitting in side facing seats regardless of if they have seatbelts fitted. Children under 12 should all be secured using proper 3 point fixed belts - from one of the screenshots it looks like Isla is which is good. Also even if your insurance says "yes we'll cover you", if the police stop you and deem it's unsafe you can still get a fine. We just need to hope for the sake of the children that everything is installed correctly and it's safe.
Islas seat seems ok. I’m more worried about esme.

There are 4 seatbelts in the back as the have shown two sets of two, I don’t know about Isabelle, if she is sitting sideways though it’s not safe either way. But not illegal.
Yes I’ve just looked and located Esmes seat belt. I’m more worried at the fact esmes seat is only halfway up her back. I know head rests are not a legal requirement but surely she should have more back support. I guess Chris has made it legal for them to travel but hasn’t taken their safety into consideration. 🤠

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Islas seat seems ok. I’m more worried about esme.

Yes I’ve just looked and located Esmes seat belt. I’m more worried at the fact esmes seat is only halfway up her back. I know head rests are not a legal requirement but surely she should have more back support. I guess Chris has made it legal for them to travel but hasn’t taken their safety into consideration. 🤠
Exactly, I wouldn’t travel anywhere in any of those seats in the back. It’s sad that they don’t value safety.

Reactions: 17
If tonights video is the Q&A can we change the day of the boycott so we can all have a good laugh? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I always thought you had to have full back and head rest. I don’t really know anything about what you can and can’t do with regards to seats.Are those seats safe being so low?.
I thought you needed head rest for safety too, if you’re in an accident the head test protects any injury to the neck if they get jolted 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Christopher Malcolm and Sharon38 what terrible parents you are ,it's all about views with you two,complete strangers are far more concerned with your childrens' safety than you ,what a dreadful pair you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
They should just go home. Decorate the house. They still haven’t finished milas room. They could make a start on Isabelle and Esme’s rooms. Do the walk in wardrobe. Finish decorating the master bedroom and get the blinds fitted, instead of the twit and me blanket.
The money they are using for this trip and the stupid amount he spent on the van and doing up the van could of been spent on making their house homely. Rugs, furniture (other than sofas 🙄) art work, they could of even spent the money on getting a carpenter in and and adding storage.

Then Sarah could go shopping and get some Halloween decor and decorate the house and do themed activities. Pumpkin carving, Halloween themed baking, Halloween themed homeschooling. Once Halloween’s finished carry on with jobs around the house. Then bonfire night if they don’t want to go out they could get their garden set up, maybe have a bbq night with fireworks and sparklers. Then carry on with more house things. If they did that their house would be finished and ready for Christmas and then they can do Xmas themed activities and days out. I’m sure the ifam would prefer that than seeing their miserable faces stuck in the tuna can van.
Can you start a YouTube channel? This sounds great and I think I’d actually enjoy it compared to the bodge job chris puts together every night

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.