The Ingham Family #188 Your channel is sinking. You should have put buoyancy aids on!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shame is that although her hair looks better - all I could think of was how desperate to photoshop or what ever it’s called and to not show just a normal 16 year old!

Reactions: 11
What haircut?! 🤣😉🙃

should’ve cut off 6 inches to ensure there’s enough room to grow over the next year before the next haircut…

• Heart
Reactions: 28
When my daughter was 16, we were constantly worried about her going out, getting drunk, smoking, boys etc. but I think I was actually more worried about our youngest daughter, because she is shy and socially awkward, like me, and didn’t rebel at all, like Isabelle. At least our eldest is more confident in herself and more sociable!

Reactions: 21
I’ve breastfed & both nursed frequently, it wasn’t always for feeding but for comfort too and they were held a lot as well (alot of the waking hours to be honest and co slept). When I wasn’t sat cuddling them, they were in their baby carrier as neither liked being put down. It’s perfectly normal for a new born to be held majority of the time in the early weeks (often described as the 4th trimester) & not something that lasts forever. She is probably hitting a growth spurt as well so building up her supply with the frequent feeding, no need for top ups (hate defending the Minghams 🤣)
Quite a few of you have defended the constant feeding and holding of baby Mila. I do now apologise if my original post came across as harsh. My own children where 1980’s babies and the trends then were quite different to modern day, and we were encouraged to put baby down once asleep and settled, so again I apologise if I sounded negative over the constant holding of baby Mila. I do still feel though that Sarah need not do all the holding and it should be shared around more and that she sometimes uses it as an excuse to sit on her sofa😁

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Quite a few of you have defended the constant feeding and holding of baby Mila. I do now apologise if my original post came across as harsh. My own children where 1980’s babies and the trends then were quite different to modern day, and we were encouraged to put baby down once asleep and settled, so again I apologise if I sounded negative over the constant holding of baby Mila. I do still feel though that Sarah need not do all the holding and it should be shared around more and that she sometimes uses it as an excuse to sit on her sofa😁
I agree. My girls were born ‘81, 3 and 7 and had quite definite routines which were established very quickly and without much effort. My grandchildren, however, were treated to the being held, constant feeding etc that is currently on trend. Interestingly, my daughters all claim they wished they’d heeded my advice (there’s a first for everting) because the little angels turned out to be anything but,

Reactions: 18
Aah Sarah I see you took my advice given 19/8 about haircut for Isobelles birthday , did you take her for the lovely proper lunch and shopping for something of quality too ??

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think it also depends on your own experiences, none of mine have really been bothered about being held, with one hating to be held since newborn. With my first I was worried that he must hate me as all I was reading on parenting forums was babies that are held all the time, but it's normal and essential for them to feel comforted and there is mine showing no desire to be near anyone at all.

Now he's old enough that I can see this seems to have made no difference and he's happy so I've not felt bad about the others following the same pattern. I'm also someone who needs a routine in my life for myself so they have all had a routine and it's worked for me, but I know it's not for everyone.

I do agree Sarah uses it as an excuse, she claims she can't put her down but has time to vlog with everyone else in the house holding the baby and taking her around the house. The house was already a mess and she didn't shower long before Mila arrived so she can't blame her now for the lack of time.

Reactions: 17
My prediction for tonight’s vlog - a montage of pictures of Izzy as she grew up finished with a shot of her holding papers officially changing her name to Ingham! Pregnancy announcement style!!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I had a little look on Instagram at Isabelle's tagged photos to see if any friends had said happy birthday - wow there are a lot of fan accounts sharing pictures from when she was really young 🥺 I'd hate knowing there are loads of random people with photos of my child

Also saw these and may have been shared before but I didn't realise it was Sarah!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
dear GOD I hope not for her sake…though Sarah38 style will mean we get it in 3 weeks time somehow.
Isabelle said(after saying she had no clue what she wanted) that she wanted ‘music equipment’ I hope she got it so that she can have something else to focus on rather than vlogging or babysitting…
My prediction for tonight’s vlog - a montage of pictures of Izzy as she grew up finished with a shot of her holding papers officially changing her name to Ingham! Pregnancy announcement style!!

Reactions: 6
When my daughter was 16, we were constantly worried about her going out, getting drunk, smoking, boys etc. but I think I was actually more worried about our youngest daughter, because she is shy and socially awkward, like me, and didn’t rebel at all, like Isabelle. At least our eldest is more confident in herself and more sociable!
Out of all my 10 other siblings i was the only one wrapped up in bubble wrap and was never really allowed to do much because my parents worried about me too much being in the real world alone etc, even now at 32 i am socially awkward still and worry if i go out alone or travel far distances alone. I get panic attacks if i get lost etc. I can see this happening with these kids

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Don’t apologise. No one on here will have taken major offence. They are all goodun’s on this thread 😊 I must admit that where I come from in Scotland we must all be stuck in the 80’s as well because the advice I was given with my kids was feed, speak to them or play, change and then put them down and so on and so on. My first was born in 1999 and last child was born in 2010 though 🥴 My family were big on “don’t make a rod for your own back nursing that wee one” as well. We are a harsh bunch us Scots 😂

• Haha
exactly what i did when i was 16!! Its pretty normal

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.