"The Ick" #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My fella just had a coughing fit and he was like, coughing, then choked on his own saliva and began coughing even more. it went on for about 15 mins and in that 15 mins i got the ick

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Plenty of Icks on here, I am enjoying reading this thread 😀

Reactions: 3
My husband sticking his tongue out and saying 'ouch' when he bit into a sesame prawn toast because it was too hot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Influencers partners, particularly the men.

They always either look super awkward in the pictures or act like they're the tit and you know they want to push the girlfriend out of the way to be on camera. The compliments get to their head and it is cringe to see.

Reactions: 13
I think I've met a new level of ick. Somebody farted at work yesterday, it was quite a loud rippler.

All I then heard was 'That's going to itch when it dries'.

I can't even find a facey thing on my buttons that's appropriate for that one!!!!

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I started to rewatch The walking dead last night.
Two cops sitting in a car chatting and one said how his wife had changed from a loving person who just suddenly almost overnight can't stand him.

My 1st thought, she has read the ick thread

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’ve read this thread in one go and have laughed so much, so thought I’d share a few of my icks

One our second or third date I saw my now former husband stand up and then do that thing where you pull your undies out of your butt, like if you’ve got a bit of a wedgie from sitting down. It caused an ick then and I kind of wished I’d listened to that.

The same former husband becomes obsessed with how he’s feeling when he’s not well and it’s all he’ll talk about until he’s well again. He had a sore tooth for six months once and it drove me nuts. Every single social event during that time all he would talk about was how sore his tooth was. I suggested he got the tooth removed which is what he eventually did but not before having that fecking sore tooth dominate his life and mine for so long. I left him before he got too old because I couldn’t bear the thought of nursing him and/or if he got some rotten cancer diagnosis.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This is a long one, but seeing as it may well be the reason for the demise of my (previously happy) relationship, I feel it’s warranted.

I was on the school run with my boyfriend the other day. It was bin day and the bin men were doing their job. A piece of cardboard packaging had fallen out of someone’s recycling bin and was on the ground. Boyfriend and bin man spotted it at the same time. Bin man said “I’ll get that.”

Boyfriend said, “Nah mate, I’ll just get that for you, buddy.” (Calling him mate or buddy was already icky imo but it got worse 🤢🤢🤢).

Boyfriend then reached down for cardboard as a gust of wind blew it a little further down the road. 😩

I then watched my boyfriend chase after this bit of cardboard saying “Hehe! Nearly got it for you pal!” (Pal 🤢) whilst the bin man just stood silently watching.

Eventually (it felt like a lifetime) he retrieved said piece of cardboard and handed it to the bin man with “What a tricky piece of rubbish. Here you go. Have a great day mate.”

I walked off.

I’ve struggled to look him in the eye since.

*Edited because of all the typos I’d made in my distressed state.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Overheard a man at work asking someone else in a hopeful, hushed tone if "work would let us have the day off if England get in the world cup final". Just knocked me sick because he sounded like a wee boy trying to miss school because his tummy hurts.

I guess the rest of us who are neutral/don't like football would have to pick up the slack?? Just pull a sickie like a normal person.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I went out for dinner with friends tonight and there was an obnoxious very short (ick #1) man sitting at the table next to us, constantly pulling his phone out to call people (ick #2) ... while the rest of the people at his table were all talking! So rude. At one point, he stood up and started pulling his pants up as far as they could possibly go (ick #3), and puffing his chest out (ick #4). I think he was trying to catch the eye of one of the ladies I was with, as he seemed to be strutting about like a peacock.

Another guy caught my attention as he was wearing 3/4 length chinos with dress shoes (double-ick!!) ... his hairy legs were quite the feature.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
This is a long one, but seeing as it may well be the reason for the demise of my (previously happy) relationship, I feel it’s warranted.

I was on the school run with my boyfriend the other day. It was bin day and the bin men were doing their job. A piece of cardboard packaging had fallen out of someone’s recycling bin and was on the ground. Boyfriend and bin man spotted it at the same time. Bin man said “I’ll get that.”

Boyfriend said, “Nah mate, I’ll just get that for you, buddy.” (Calling him mate or buddy was already icky imo but it got worse 🤢🤢🤢).

Boyfriend then reached down for cardboard as a gust of wind blew it a little further down the road. 😩

I then watched my boyfriend chase after this bit of cardboard saying “Hehe! Nearly got it for you pal!” (Pal 🤢) whilst the bin man just stood silently watching.

Eventually (it felt like a lifetime) he retrieved said piece of cardboard and handed it to the bin man with “What a tricky piece of rubbish. Here you go. Have a great day mate.”

I walked off.

I’ve struggled to look him in the eye since.

*Edited because of all the typos I’d made in my distressed state.
This is the most distressing thing I’ve ever read. I’d be putting the boyfriend in the bin along with the piece of cardboard. Good luck to you x

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.