The House Build #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t cloud interiors friends with Berkshire.build? She’s another one who yesterday posted a photo of her bedroom with the caption below stating ‘kindness.costs nothing. Means everything’ (photos features previously gifted and AD gifted). I felt like saying yes kindness of gifted items doesn't cost you a thing does it? She was clearly jumping on the kindness bandwagon yesterday, and I thought it was in very poor taste - it’s always about them. The problem with it all is that they take and take but you don’t see them giving. That is an act of kindness. Showing off your latest purchase or gifted product is not a kind act. It’s not doing something for someone else - it’s purely for yourself, as are ADs and swipe ups. As for cloud interiors saying she hasn’t been on here I cannot believe that for a second. You wouldn’t sign something if you haven't actually viewed it for yourself. I’ll leave you with a post written by lime goss that was featured on tattle yesterday - it sums up quite eloquently why people are on here and why we must talk about influencers and Instagram being monetised.

We all need to sign a petition to make these influencers more accountable for their actions.

Berkshirebuild has a very well deserved post on here of her very own. Grabby as!

Reactions: 3
I guess there should also be a petition against people constantly trying to convince you to buy things under the guise of being your friend...
as feeling inadequate or getting into dept is very bad for mental health.

Reactions: 8
Managed to get off tattle after hours to briefly check out insta 😂. Saw two influencers claire totman and cloud interiors saying theyd never looked at tattle but begging ppl to sign a petition to ban tattle because its full of horrid bitchy women. How can they want to ban something theyd never looked at. I so want to respond to say the real reason why we are on here to expose their begging/flogging tricks but i know theres no point because it just gets scrubbed and i will get blocked. Dont get me wrong i hate trolls but most of tattle arent like that. They just want total censorship of everyone 😠
Omg absolutely - when cloud interiors done her stories the other day discussing tattle. I have been stewing as to message her directly about this. I came to tattle re the MOD situation. Once here it opened my eyes to the manipulative world of influencers. Unaware of brought followers, tricks of the trade etc. I quickly reviewed my following list and ditched a lot including THB.

I find most of the time the comments on here constructive, discussing the lack of transparency that influencers demonstrate. Their behaviour is criticised. Yes occasionally there are some spiteful comments regards peoples looks. Which I don’t find necessary. When you stop slating a behaviour and make personal attacks it under values the argument and just makes people look childish.

The influencers don’t like a forum that opens peoples eyes and give people the chance to criticise them. However, when you become an influencer, you are making a ‘business’ about yourself and your life. Every business is subjected to feedback good and bad. I struggle to understand that all the time they are happy to make money out of their lives, why they can not accept feedback. Seems a very one sided !!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg absolutely - when cloud interiors done her stories the other day discussing tattle. I have been stewing as to message her directly about this. I came to tattle re the MOD situation. Once here it opened my eyes to the manipulative world of influencers. Unaware of brought followers, tricks of the trade etc. I quickly reviewed my following list and ditched a lot including THB.
Same here....so I kinda regard cloud interiors’, claire totman designs’ rant on tattle as free advertisement of this site. There maybe 23k+ signatories but I bet hundreds more will have taken a look at this site, even for curiosity.

I belong to another forum which is a bit similar to this. So many naysayers about it on other sites, threats to shut down, etc. It’s still standing, thriving and getting more members 14 years on. And no I’m not a moderator or owner of that site, just a regular member.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I watch their inane ramblings from time to time, (The Housebuild, Berkshire Build, Justalittlebore etc,etc) and I wonder what would their grandmothers/great grandmothers think?
- Women of substance no doubt, who’d lived through world wars and real hardship.....I imagine, they would be at the least totally baffled by all their ridiculous nonsense. Sad too at the sense of self importance, when really and truly what are any of them actually achieving? Apart from receiving a few free candles and the odd planter!
The stoic, dignified, modest ladies of a generation or two ago are in danger of becoming a dying breed.

• Heart
Is no-one on here toight because we are all being sick at the vomit inducing posts she has put on her stories with comments from ppl gushing how fab she is. One even suggesting she writes a lifestyle book. OMG please no

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I watch their inane ramblings from time to time, (The Housebuild, Berkshire Build, Justalittlebore etc,etc) and I wonder what would their grandmothers/great grandmothers think?
- Women of substance no doubt, who’d lived through world wars and real hardship.....I imagine, they would be at the least totally baffled by all their ridiculous nonsense. Sad too at the sense of self importance, when really and truly what are any of them actually achieving? Apart from receiving a few free candles and the odd planter!
The stoic, dignified, modest ladies of a generation or two ago are in danger of becoming a dying breed.
I love your post! So true

Meanwhile back at the ranch......... I wonder whats going on with the Mr D situation. No sign from Becks that he's at home and no mention of him. We need an update from her used to be friend that posts from time to time on here...... Shes always got the latest info.

@88354

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Love this! You are so right. I’m so worried about what effect this is going to have on children growing up in this ‘influencer’ social media culture.

Love this! You are so right. I’m so worried about what effect this is going to have on children growing up in this ‘influencer’ social media culture.
I really do too. It’s all so superficial and mostly pointless. Depressing. 😔

• Heart
Yup!, tonite's meanderings made me write this....

Some well-recognized symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder:
1) in need of and requiring constant admiration (screen shots of praises given)
2) belief that nobody should question your motives
3) taking advantage of others to move forward in life (ads/aff links)
4) responds to criticism with anger ("pond scums, bullies") and thereby an exaggerated belief that others are envious/jealous of you
5) talking about oneself A LOT!!
6) preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is no-one on here toight because we are all being sick at the vomit inducing posts she has put on her stories with comments from ppl gushing how fab she is. One even suggesting she writes a lifestyle book. OMG please no
Well she is available to make ‘personal appearances and attend events’ according to her PR agency.. A lifestyle book about what? Making soups, how to ask for free expensive stuff on Twitter? Endless kindness quotations? How to bag yourself free Daniel Wellington watches and try to sell them to your followers, yet not wear them yourself? How to decorate the 8 or 10 Xmas trees in your home. How to build a portico......She’d also need to get her facts straight regarding the number of renovations she has actually done. Title of book anyone? You have to question the REAL motive behind sharing those type of stories with everyone.

Attachments

NO updates that I have heard about although things have been a little quiet on the communication front not just with myself but others in the social circle. As far as I know the work investigation into the expenses is ongoing and that was the last I heard of it. However it is unlikely the company will update our mutual friend directly after the initial confirmation of an investigation was made via email. Therefore I guess we have to watch this space, I have no idea how long investigations of this nature take, I guess it depends on the amount of fiddling that could have been done. However if people have been being asked for receipts in order to be claimed against work expenses when they were in fact social events not work related then it does not take a brain surgeon to work out what the outcome of an investigation would be.
No well by the sounds of it there will be a lot of information to collate. Sounds like he must have been doing it for quite some time. Tut tut tut. Thanks for the update tho 👍

They are going for skiing lessons ? Didn’t the son brake his arm ? That’s the worst thing to do as you will spend all your time pulling yourself up if your a beginner ?? And she has a broken pelvis ? Madness.

Well she is available to make ‘personal appearances and attend events’ according to her PR agency.. A lifestyle book about what? Making soups, how to ask for free expensive stuff on Twitter? Endless kindness quotations? How to bag yourself free Daniel Wellington watches and try to sell them to your followers, yet not wear them yourself? How to decorate the 8 or 10 Xmas trees in your home. How to build a portico......She’d also need to get her facts straight regarding the number of renovations she has actually done. Title of book anyone? You have to question the REAL motive behind sharing those type of stories with everyone.

Personal appearances - omg she is seriously deluded.

They are going for skiing lessons ? Didn’t the son brake his arm ? That’s the worst thing to do as you will spend all your time pulling yourself up if your a beginner ?? And she has a broken pelvis ? Madness.
I agree
Totally madness

my son had a broken finger and it was no sport. You can do so much damageif it’s not fully healed.
And if I had early osteoporosis??? or what ever she said she’s got, 100% I wouldn’t go, the strongest of people I know have snapped at ski

I agree
Totally madness

my son had a broken finger and it was no sport. You can do so much damageif it’s not fully healed.
And if I had early osteoporosis??? or what ever she said she’s got, 100% I wouldn’t go, the strongest of people I know have snapped at ski
And she shares a picture of her son with broken bones and no sport for 6 weeks skiing ! Unbelievable. So either lying in the first place or absolutely no fucks given with regards to her son’s broken bones. She truly is a vile creature. #socialservices

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.