The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think there is an insta v reality aspect with moving to the country. Yes it’s beautiful, peaceful, more space/ more for your money, but your commute gets longer and work opportunities dwindle unless your WFH. The kids are more isolated and you lose that community feel with neighbours/ neighbourhood kids etc. I also tend to consider what it would be like as they grow older. For my kids I want a proximity to a vibrant, busy life; local town, big cities, a social life, shopping, colleges and opportunities. I’ve moved further out from the city but not too far, in fact I would like to be a bit closer. I also wouldn’t want them coming home down dark country lanes as teens so would spend my life ferrying them everywhere.

Reactions: 6
Small road, staggs is west lyng isn’t it so literally on the same road .. I wonder how she’ll fair meeting new people, us Somerset folk don’t like pretentious bullshit! Can spot a fake ‘country girl’ a mile away .. usually consists of Barbour jackets and hunter wellies 😂
*small world

I think there is an insta v reality aspect with moving to the country. Yes it’s beautiful, peaceful, more space/ more for your money, but your commute gets longer and work opportunities dwindle unless your WFH. The kids are more isolated and you lose that community feel with neighbours/ neighbourhood kids etc. I also tend to consider what it would be like as they grow older. For my kids I want a proximity to a vibrant, busy life; local town, big cities, a social life, shopping, colleges and opportunities. I’ve moved further out from the city but not too far, in fact I would like to be a bit closer. I also wouldn’t want them coming home down dark country lanes as teens so would spend my life ferrying them everywhere.
Where they are is surrounded with very tight knit villages where if you’re new they’ll stare at you in the pub 😂 just the way it is round here! They’ll struggle

Reactions: 4
so her new house was a former b&b and is literally still taking bookings?! shall we all book in?!!!
wonder if she will change the name as it reminds me of the simpsons!!!

Reactions: 5
Didn’t she say yesterday that the house hadn’t been touched in years, there is a fb one for it and it’s on trip advisor with good reviews
The bodge decorating with the filler made me shake my head in disgust
She doesn’t take her time on anything needs it done for the gram.!

Reactions: 8
Oh my god - they are trying to scrape off Artex ???? :ROFLMAO:
That will look SO tit!!
We bought a house where all the ceilings are artexed (thanks 1980s!!) ... we've lived here for 7 years and when we can afford it we get a plasterer round to skim a ceiling. We have done all the downstairs but only one bedroom upstairs. Why can't she save up and do things properly?? Not everything has to be done straight away - surely you can live with a bit of artex for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Why have they moved...I cant understand why they would want that huge house.. as someone else said the heating bills will be horrific....what does her husband do??? Are they loaded???

Reactions: 4
If the carpet is being ripped up after painting. Why wouldn’t you rip the carpet up first then paint. FFS!!!

Reactions: 24
If the carpet is being ripped up after painting. Why wouldn’t you rip the carpet up first then paint. FFS!!!
Or cut round the edges. She makes my brain fry!
No washing down or sanding the window just slaps paint on. Up close this is all going to look usual bodge standard.

Lady muck is on a tight budget though. All fur coat no knickers!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
O what a car crash already!!!

Painting windows without masking taping, painting skirting without taking up carpet, scrapping off artex.......the shame!! Why not just live with it till you can afford to have it done properly.......and also what is the rush anyway?! It's perfectly liveable as it is.......o yes her name's Charlotte and she is totally.......#keepingupwiththejones

Yes you can 100% renovate on a budget but budget doesn't mean being a slapdash and bodging everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The fact she can’t wait a few months or even weeks to do these kinds of jobs shows how pathetic she is and she needs therapy. Personally I loved moving into a home that needed some work but was totally liveable. As for a few months I didn’t have to worry about scuffing walls, dropping food on carpet etc. We had a deep clean on move in and then just relaxed and enjoyed the relaxed imperfection for a while

Reactions: 13
You need a few months in a new house to get a feel of the place and really decide what to do with each room

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You need a few months in a new house to get a feel of the place and really decide what to do with each room
Was literally just thinking the same. I've been in my new home for over a year an now realise that the changes that I thought I needed to make when we first moved in don't need doing whereas other projects have moved up the list of priorities.

Reactions: 10
Ahhh she’s giving so many options for criticism! I can’t cope … I mean, if she felt like she needed a purpose, she could have got a job?! Surely if she actually has her ‘own design company’ that’s enough of a purpose?!
And saying Rory doesn’t stop talking and basically implying she hated him being around is just awful 😭 like don’t get me wrong I know parents say they can dread school holidays because kids will be off school but they always mean all kids, not singling out one 😱
and saying they lived off pot noodle for a week…was it really because the aga was broken or was it because 1.) you can’t afford anything else now and 2.) it was just a good excuse to eat crap for a week…
ok I covered it all and I’m done. Glad I got that off my chest.
Bloody hell. She needs a decent shag!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Have we found out what the 6 new additions are yet? 🥱
She said in the comments they're chickens. How predictable. Expecting a Lauren McDermott style video of Charlotte in a floaty white dress floating around her garden picking up the eggs with swelling music in the background 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 13
100% agree. I would go as far as to say a year - to really understand the feel of a house.
But then again - she's just going to paint everything greige.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.