The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they even friends? I always got the impression that it was more Charlotte sucking up to Laura.
Oh 100% i bet Laura hates that sheā€™s been featured on charlottes stories and that Charlotte classes herself as a ā€œinterior designerā€ itā€™s insulting

Reactions: 2
Oh dear god. Iā€™m not the most patient person BUT I do things properly. It makes me cringe how sheā€™s rushing to get things done and cuts corners. Chavlotte love thank god youā€™ll never see my ceilings because youā€™d need CPR. Iā€™ve lived here 15 years and I still havenā€™t had my ceilings re skimmedā€¦..pray for meringue(!) šŸ™„

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm still in shock over her stories.......in comparison, Cara Suthers is mid renovation on her new (old) house and by the looks of it, is doing a lovely job. Taking time
and spending money of things that need to be done by professionals.....ie skimming walls/ceilings and new windows etc.....this will make the world of difference to the look and finish of the whole property.

Charlotte dear didn't they teach you these basics at interior design school?!
Maybe if you hadnt of remortgaged a million times, you might have the equity to spend on not messing this new house up.
Iā€™d like to agree but it would seem Caraā€™s renovation has been 90% gifted items and collabs which is why it all looks so nice.

I'm still in shock over her stories.......in comparison, Cara Suthers is mid renovation on her new (old) house and by the looks of it, is doing a lovely job. Taking time
and spending money of things that need to be done by professionals.....ie skimming walls/ceilings and new windows etc.....this will make the world of difference to the look and finish of the whole property.

Charlotte dear didn't they teach you these basics at interior design school?!
Maybe if you hadnt of remortgaged a million times, you might have the equity to spend on not messing this new house up.
Cara hasnā€™t spent money. Sheā€™s been gifted an awful lot lucky for her

Reactions: 10
Oh dear god. Iā€™m not the most patient person BUT I do things properly. It makes me cringe how sheā€™s rushing to get things done and cuts corners. Chavlotte love thank god youā€™ll never see my ceilings because youā€™d need CPR. Iā€™ve lived here 15 years and I still havenā€™t had my ceilings re skimmedā€¦..pray for meringue(!) šŸ™„
Laying in bed now under My artex ceiling ! Poor Teddy ā€¦ how do I cope? Maybe Iā€™ll chisel it off tomorrow?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's really slap dash isn't it! She didn't even tape round the glass or anything. No system at all just slapping paint on willy nilly.

Reactions: 4
I just don't understand her at all. If they are going to be living there forever why not take your time with each room. Why rush to make it look good for the gram when in reality it will be tit!

Reactions: 10
Laying in bed now under My artex ceiling ! Poor Teddy ā€¦ how do I cope? Maybe Iā€™ll chisel it off tomorrow?!?
Iā€™m in bed too and my view is making me feel like Iā€™ve failed at life Teddy! Letā€™s chisel it off! Letā€™s do it tomorrow! Actually no. Letā€™s do it now. Tomorrow is too long to wait šŸ˜‚

I just don't understand her at all. If they are going to be living there forever why not take your time with each room. Why rush to make it look good for the gram when in reality it will be tit!
Love your user name šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She said theyā€™re converting the garage for her parents so Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re currently living in the main house with them. Why is starting the annexe not a priority over scraping(!!) artex off a ceiling and slapping paint around some carpet?! Would be much more interesting content than her painting timelapses. Have we seen Mungo since the move?

Reactions: 6
I applaud anyone who makes a life change + takes a chance. Moving up the property ladder is a great step forward. But a few things donā€™t sit right:

- she had a perfectly good house but feels like she was running out of content espec when other influencers have moved into (what seems to be the trend) country piles with farm animals. (Why anyone would want the responsibility + expense is beyond me.)
- she said it was on a whim. What, she decided on a whim that the country pile was perfectly instagrammable and her parents sold up their house based on this (?!!?)
- she said she is brimming with purpose now. I feel this is the fact she now has content and thats what makes her happy. Also like others have stated, most of us go into further education/ focus on careers if we feel we need purpose.
- in addition, while it is a lovely house and perhaps it is the right move for them, I personally wouldnā€™t want my parents living there. Thereā€™s no escape or peace, like they share the garden and would probably be in and out. Iā€™m far too independent (and my parents are for that matter.)
Is that what she said, ā€˜on a whimā€™?! Bloody hell, uproot your husband and kids just because you fancy a project.

The ceiling scraping didnā€™t seem to make any difference šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Oh yeah, kids do make friends wherever they go, but I can tell you that as both a mother and a teacher, a move like this can have a big psychological effect on a child, but they usually don't know how to express how it has affected them. The less upheaval the better when it comes to young kids.
I agree, I moved several times and Iā€™m sure itā€™s affected me in lots of ways. Iā€™ve been desperate to move for my own selfish reasons but we wonā€™t until all our kids have left school because I know this is a great town for them to be in, schools are good and theyā€™ve always lived here so have the roots I never had. Doesnā€™t mean I donā€™t get very envious of anyone making a big move šŸ¤£, I think thatā€™s what moving several times did to me - constant itchy feet! Iā€™m sure many people make a great move and their kids love it but Iā€™m not willing to take the risk, being a big worrier!

Sheā€™ll get her own bedroom properly done though, itā€™s ā€˜only the kids roomsā€™ šŸ™„. Iā€™ve no idea how you cope with it, the horror šŸ¤£. Iā€™m sure there are more important jobs to do first.

Last edited:
Bet mungo is still in christchurch, some crap about him not being able to cope with a big move.

I hope shes found a vets. I live rurally, (not her area) people are struggling to get registered with the local vet cos all the lockdown dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
100% agree. A house like that is a lifetime project.
we all know Chavalotte needs instant gratification in all areas of her life.
i think sheā€™ll regret this move.
They are remote, inland, no bistros, bars etc nearby. Gonna be a culture shock. A move isnā€™t just about the house, itā€™s about the whole family lifestyle.
I wonder if triangle Joe will have to spend a few nights a week back in Bournemouth? Most financial services companies have mandated at least 3 days a week in the office.

Reactions: 12
Is there anything more boring that watching someone paint in time lapse šŸ™„ itā€™s boring when you have to paint yourself for god sake šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I donā€™t understand the mentality of literally moving a couple of hours away and then driving back 2 weeks later saying how much you miss it with a broken heart emoji. šŸ™„ I leave and never look back but thatā€™s just me. Love a fresh new start.

As per the kids with moving. We moved and kids are settled, have sports clubs and friends. We could do with being closer to the city for husbands job. He wants to move but although Iā€™d consider one last move, I want the kids to have that stability and a hometown. I just donā€™t see when would be a good time and least detrimental for them.

You were right, sheā€™s offloaded the pug.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Buyers regret? Big mistake to make. I canā€™t help but feel gutted for her. Once you go, thereā€™s no going back. Got me in the feels.

Reactions: 5
So Aunty Amanda has Mungo because of it unsettling him with the move and renovations but has made him move anyway? Iā€™m sure heā€™d cope as long as he was with his family? Doesnā€™t add up

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
So Aunty Amanda has Mungo because of it unsettling him with the move and renovations but has made him move anyway? Iā€™m sure heā€™d cope as long as he was with his family? Doesnā€™t add up
Literally just come on to say the same thing! And she's turning into hinch, solomon and cinderella with "I've told him all about the new house", honestly do they not realise they sound pathetic?! šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.