The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The dogs will kill the chickens because Charlotte won’t introduce them properly. Her house must absolutely stink with the amount of animals in it

Reactions: 2
The dogs will kill the chickens because Charlotte won’t introduce them properly. Her house must absolutely stink with the amount of animals in it
Basic witch can’t even afford the 3 alpacas she needs to copy Mrs Hinch. She reeks of desperation, tragic that she’s doing so much work on it already, I wouldn’t mind so much if it was work but she’s just slap dash painting over everything

Reactions: 11
She’s young, impatient and in a such rush to start and finish everything at speed without considering the consequences. I think she has serious issues that probably need addressing. Other home accounts finish properties to such a high standard hers just screams ‘botch up job’.

Reactions: 9
Omg the STATE of it! That poor house! For the sake of saving £300 per skim 🙈 just save up for it! How mortifying! Fur coat no knickers personified!

Reactions: 14
Wow I can't believe how much she's botching that house up already! It's not like she's bought a cheap house to flip for profit this is a huge investment and I'd assume a long term home why wouldn't you just take your time with it and do it properly from the start? You only need to pay someone to come and skim the ceilings once and then they're done; if they've done a rushed job and it looks tit they'll probably want to get them skimmed in a few months/years and then it's a bigger job when they've decorated and put carpets/furnishings in. When renovating there are just certain things you don't scrimp on 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If I was moving into a reno job, I’d want to make sure there was money in the budget to do what needs to be done. How you buying a house worth over a million but then scrimping to save a mere few hundred quid? She’s just slapping paint over everything.

Wonder how much their mortgage payments will be and how much more than at the last house. Not to mention all the utility bills now they’ve gone up.

Reactions: 9
So she can't afford £300 but can piss away endless amounts of money in Neptune or on rugs/coffee tables. Shows she's stretched money wise and they're in over their head. Otherwise they'd wait and save a little, surely?

Also, the kids' rooms look much smaller than their previous rooms.

Reactions: 17
Watching her stories just makes me wince, so slap dash and messy. It’s like the equivalent of turning a Rolls Royce into a Ford. That poor house! I can’t believe she pained the windows, ok I understand the ‘orange pine’ isn’t to everyone’s taste, but it gave the house that country look she so desperately wanted compared to white that every other insta house has

Reactions: 8
If I was moving into a reno job, I’d want to make sure there was money in the budget to do what needs to be done. How you buying a house worth over a million but then scrimping to save a mere few hundred quid? She’s just slapping paint over everything.

Wonder how much their mortgage payments will be and how much more than at the last house. Not to mention all the utility bills now they’ve gone up.
I am going through a mortgage now and a house just over 630k is £1800-2k a month on the mortgage payment alone (before all bills etc). Eye watering.
Especially with the interest rate raising to 1%. I’m not sure why she would risk upheaving everyone just to get everything on the gram.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Let’s watch this space with the recession on its way. It’s going to hurt. Theres going to be even more botch jobs with her.

Reactions: 5
I had really hoped their move would be a sensible one - this screams just keeping up with the Jones. You should never start decorating before you’ve lived their a while and really know the space. You definitely shouldn’t buy a doer-upper if you don’t have the money to at least complete the top priority jobs.
With the dramatic rise in living costs, the bank rates rising and a recession looming /property market crash long overdue, this seems like such a reckless life choice.
Like others have said already, you shouldn’t be fulfilled by things, if she really focused on furthering her education, she might make a success of her business, or not ruin another property. I can’t believe her children were moved without school places sorted.

Reactions: 12
I am going through a mortgage now and a house just over 630k is £1800-2k a month on the mortgage payment alone (before all bills etc). Eye watering.
Especially with the interest rate raising to 1%. I’m not sure why she would risk upheaving everyone just to get everything on the gram.
Im guessing Annexe-Mum will be footing a lot of the bills?
And is Joe still at Amex in Bournemouth? Will he commute?

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure if I believe the ‘this was done on a whim’ narrative tbh, I think she just said that to save face for all the “soo much love for baylin house” And “So lucky to call this home” bollocks she was posting right up until the move. Other’s on here pointed out she was going to look such a fraud & an idiot posting all that while the house was actually (secretly) already sold.
She’s trying to portray the ‘oh look at me, moving to the country on a whim, aren’t I hilarious’ persona, but to any logical person, she just looks absolutely ridiculously childish if she uprooted her family on the spur of the moment. I’ve got nothing against anyone uprooting and moving to another area, leaving everything you’re familiar with behind for a new challenge as, as they say, you only regret the things you didn’t do, so best of luck to them! It’s the bullshit storyline she’s coming up with that I can’t stand! Treating her followers like idiots.

I can’t believe her children were moved without school places sorted.
If that’s true, she was probably banking on the education board having to find places for them as school is compulsory

Reactions: 7
I bet her friend Laura butler-madden is fighting back messaging her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Makes sense then that the ‘on a whim’ narrative is fake to save face.

Where I live, people went crazy post pandemic snapping up houses over asking. I’m hearing many are maxed out paying hefty mortgages- with rising rates + utilities doubled. Makes me glad I’ve stayed put. I don’t think it’s the time to be maxing your monthly expenditure. Espec as they’re a one income household (no idea what she brings in). The parents were prob mortgage free and paid their part off and put some money from downsizing in their retirement pot. Does anyone know what the parents house sold for?

Reactions: 3
I'm still in shock over her stories.......in comparison, Cara Suthers is mid renovation on her new (old) house and by the looks of it, is doing a lovely job. Taking time
and spending money of things that need to be done by professionals.....ie skimming walls/ceilings and new windows etc.....this will make the world of difference to the look and finish of the whole property.

Charlotte dear didn't they teach you these basics at interior design school?!
Maybe if you hadnt of remortgaged a million times, you might have the equity to spend on not messing this new house up.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.