The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is unbelievable detective work!

Oh the irony of positioning yourself as an authentic ‘real’ person (“The Frugality is considered one of the most trusted blogs in the UK”). When in fact she is so shady.

Also find it bizarre that turning 40 (in her world) justifies a long £££ holiday without their small children to the other side of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is unbelievable detective work!

Oh the irony of positioning yourself as an authentic ‘real’ person (“The Frugality is considered one of the most trusted blogs in the UK”). When in fact she is so shady.

Also find it bizarre that turning 40 (in her world) justifies a long £££ holiday without their small children to the other side of the world.
I find it strange that they are always so desperate to get away from the kids especially considering they are in full time school, nursery, after-school clubs.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The best before dates on that plane food are 21/7 so she’s been there for almost a week and she’s pretending she just got there last night 🙄and posting her “trying on summer outfits” reels while she was already on her holiday
Literally came here to see if anyone else had noticed those BB dates!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It seems to be the done thing amongst the instahuns to plan and post content to throw off followers about when they are/aren’t on holiday.

Doesn’t it occur to them that this is just messed up and the only reason they need to do this is because they have overexposed so much about their families and where they live on the gram to their sheep?

People here literally know Alex & Dopey’s address as she’s given away enough info over time about location, when they moved, pics of the house etc. Blows my mind.

she likely does this as she doesn’t want to advertise her house is empty….I think I’d do the same TBH. Maybe not in the same way…..not an outright lie, but holiday stuff when I’m back.

Reactions: 7
she likely does this as she doesn’t want to advertise her house is empty….I think I’d do the same TBH. Maybe not in the same way…..not an outright lie, but holiday stuff when I’m back.
Oh I agree but I’d also not pretend I’m not away. I’d probably just go silent for a bit and then post when I’m back. But then I’m not an Instahun!

Reactions: 7
Oh I agree but I’d also not pretend I’m not away. I’d probably just go silent for a bit and then post when I’m back. But then I’m not an Instahun!
Yeah, she does just look like a massive liar….the hidden double extension, the wedding in California (I had no idea) and now already spent a week in Tokyo on sourdough savings.

Reactions: 10
Yeah, she does just look like a massive liar….the hidden double extension, the wedding in California (I had no idea) and now already spent a week in Tokyo on sourdough savings.
And the content that is most frequently posted/recycled is this bullshit of £40 food shops, painting everything, tit budget “hacks” like no tv license and free trial fraud, etc which builds a very different picture to the reality that is either always just below the surface and never fully disclosed. It’s appalling that there are going to be mums on a budget thinking they’re flops for not being able to do a £40 weekly shop, or that a holiday in Tokyo etc is affordable for them through anything but generational wealth (low fixed overheads thanks to mum and dad).

Reactions: 10
Next holiday will be a week on Necker funded by the ‘matchstick refills’ which are shipping from 2nd August. Had anyone remotely normal got to the end of a box of matches and thought “if only I could refill this rather than purchasing some new ones that will rather handily come in their own box”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I commented saying I hope they’re ok as noticed the plane food was a week out of date….deleted 🤣
---
Should have also asked if she flew directly from Cali

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
93146F02-AD92-48E0-AB44-CB823788C850.jpeg

Oh duck off you fraud.

she is the EMBODIMENT of “you can’t buy a house because you buy too many avocadoes”

Reactions: 20
Such a contradiction - has told us many, many times that her weekly shopping bill is very small, I can’t remember exactly how much but definitely under £40 - so her £20 bowls of ramen and two beers is ‘reasonable‘ but this one meal in Tokyo has cost her half her weekly food budget at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Also… Muji Hotel Ginza is 48,000 yen a night for the room type they’ve got, at the moment. That’s £270. But she’ll probably pretend they went for 3 nights 🤪 because they’re so poor they have no choice but to hop on long haul flights for short holidays. In reality they’ll probably be there over a week and travel around within the country too.

(Not jealous at all; I’ve been to Tokyo, I just can’t bear the lying by omission)

Meanwhile we missed this gem from our frugal friend last week. How does she think those of us with actual jobs cope? And naturally I’m wondering if she’s actually telling the truth or hiding the fact that Peggy finished 2 weeks ago because she goes to private school!
IMG_0180.jpeg

Reactions: 8
What kind of weirdo struggles with routine? It’s more usual to struggle with a lack of routine surely 😳
I know the answer; someone who doesn’t have a job or look after her children day to day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.