The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone like Alex gives other grammers a bad reputation, she’s so disingenuous and talks the talk but doesn’t walk the walk, everything she does contradicts what she does in “real life”.

Reactions: 2
What about her hired pink dress for the wedding?? Did that go straight to Tokyo too??!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh FFS, we’ve saved for the last 8 years to go to Tokyo (next April!! 🤞🤞🤞 ), literally the holiday of a lifetime for us (we’ve been talking about it so long it’s become a family joke that all my toddler son said he ever wanted to do was go on the bullet train over and over. He’s now 13 and doesn’t find it so funny 😄)

Yet these 2 tossers just pitch up, not a (child)care in the world, ruining the Muji hotel for the rest of us. Infuriating is not even the word for it . She’s as much of a liar as Jack Monroe

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Apparently her account is now a Muji appreciation account “but when has it not been?” But I don’t recall her mentioning Muji before - presumably because it’s not particularly cheap. Now if it was the Tiger Hotel that would be a different story!
---
And just when I think she’s scraped the bottom of the barrel she comes out with this…
IMG_0181.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Yeah you tell yourself that love, wouldn’t want your 40th special trip(s) to be ruined by thinking of your kids missing you after the first couple of days. So annoying, right! 🙄

Reactions: 7
Her kids are definitely in private school, they went away before most state schools broke up, if the plane food is anything to go by and yet there she is pretending that they’re still at school and only getting 6 weeks holidays
What a way to live your life, lying all the time to keep up the pretence to strangers

Reactions: 16
Often used over on the Jack Monroe threads, and I see a future for it here too:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Her kids are definitely in private school, they went away before most state schools broke up, if the plane food is anything to go by and yet there she is pretending that they’re still at school and only getting 6 weeks holidays
What a way to live your life, lying all the time to keep up the pretence to strangers
I don’t think this is conclusive proof - our school broke up on the 19th due to inset days. (How long is usually on the expiry date of aeroplane food?) But if P is at private school it’ll be paid for by the grandparents. No way could Alex and Chris afford it off the back of a few Skin & Me and Sezane promotions.

Reactions: 6
No way could Alex and Chris afford it off the back of a few Skin & Me and Sezane promotions.
I know they’ve always claimed to take a £40k salary each from the company (without disclosing the fact they’ll take home more than a PAYE employee as dividends have lower tax rates than income) but even that feels ambitious considering the level/frequency of partnerships?

Also did I make this up or did they make a big deal of going on a mortgage holiday as soon as the pandemic hit…? Around the time the kitchen was on the credit card? If they’re living like that then going away using savings (as they claim) at a point where rates are going from <2% to 5%+ makes absolutely no sense, even if they only have a very small mortgage thanks to the parents.

Maybe she has a point. Maybe the kids don't miss them because they're so used to not being with them. School followed by afterschool clubs practically every day for P and full time nursery for C. Anyway, even if they do I'm sure the Frozen magazines more than make up for any parental longing.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Maybe she has a point. Maybe the kids don't miss them because they're so used to not being with them. School followed by afterschool clubs practically every day for P and full time nursery for C. Anyway, even if they do I'm sure the Frozen magazines more than make up for any parental longing.
I think the Frozen magazines were the most WTAF part of that comment.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My kids go to full time nursery or wraparound care but they’d definitely miss us if we went away on holiday without them! Couldn’t imagine doing it, holidays are the only time we spend days on end all together. Having said that, I’m not 40 yet, so…

• Heart
My kids go to full time nursery or wraparound care but they’d definitely miss us if we went away on holiday without them! Couldn’t imagine doing it, holidays are the only time we spend days on end all together. Having said that, I’m not 40 yet, so…
Should say, I was being sarcastic. Of course they would - she's kidding herself if she thinks that children that age won't miss their parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t think this is conclusive proof - our school broke up on the 19th due to inset days. (How long is usually on the expiry date of aeroplane food?) But if P is at private school it’ll be paid for by the grandparents. No way could Alex and Chris afford it off the back of a few Skin & Me and Sezane promotions.
Not conclusive proof but think there’s been a few bits thrown in there previously that could lead us to that. We also know she’ll lie to hide many things and sending your child to private school definitely takes her out of the £40 shop and too poor for sourdough camp, so no way she’ll ever admit to it. Just weave some more intricate lies to try to hide it. Her sisters kids are at private school and she went to one so can imagine her parents are fully funding their education.
maybe she does go to state school but my gut says not
---
Her sister also hasn’t posted anything for a while so they’re probably all off on a lovely foreign holiday together but Alex wants people to think they’re actually in Devon which is much more in keeping with her ‘brand’ if the kids have tans we’ll know they’ve not been in Devon as no chance of a tan in the UK at the moment 😂

• Haha
Not conclusive proof but think there’s been a few bits thrown in there previously that could lead us to that. We also know she’ll lie to hide many things and sending your child to private school definitely takes her out of the £40 shop and too poor for sourdough camp, so no way she’ll ever admit to it. Just weave some more intricate lies to try to hide it. Her sisters kids are at private school and she went to one so can imagine her parents are fully funding their education.
maybe she does go to state school but my gut says not
---
Her sister also hasn’t posted anything for a while so they’re probably all off on a lovely foreign holiday together but Alex wants people to think they’re actually in Devon which is much more in keeping with her ‘brand’ if the kids have tans we’ll know they’ve not been in Devon as no chance of a tan in the UK at the moment 😂
I agree. She didn’t mentioned anything about the strikes (she would have made a big song and dance about having P at home whilst she have the most important job of counting matches).
Also she would have gone on and on about catchment areas and getting into a state school if P effectively went to one.
Private for me, almost certain

I agree - I think she'll be very careful to conceal it though. She won't outwardly lie (hence not making a song and dance out of the strike) but will lie by omission instead!

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.