The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure where to start with that post
1. Who’s got time to re-familiarise themselves with their wardrobe (someone with 4 staff and no actual job)
2. I thought she said she was steaming everything. All I see is creases.
3. Is a dressing gown not a year round item?
If you fold jumpers correctly, they shouldn’t have creases. Hers have obviously been shoved in storage boxes. She must have so much stuff she doesn’t care for it. If you had limited items Alex, you would look after them properly.

Reactions: 5
I think I’m going to have to unfollow her. It’s become a hate follow for the ugly clothes, stupid frugal hacks and general incompetence interspersed with sad follow as she’s got so much potential (and a gift for styling, as long as it’s not herself) but she’s lost her way since children.

As a mum with a toddler, a house and a full time job there is just nothing about her lifestyle that’s aspirational. Except for maybe having a lovely life funded by 4.5 hours of emails and “PR visits” a week.

Reactions: 14
Selling any product as a confidence hack/must have to women is grim, the fact that this is one of at least 3 skincare brands she works with makes it even grimmer! I’m sure the chosen one having the most profitable affiliate kickback is just a coincidence…..

IMG_0354.jpeg

Reactions: 7
It’s a great investment?! Except she’s investing nothing it’s a freebie….but doesn’t quite have the same ring to it
Also every influencer ad I see for this makes me want to run far far away from it, they all have terrible skin, which makes me think it’s either crap or they don’t actually use it
Plus none of them ever mention the need to wear sunscreen every single day if you use it, which surprises me as it’s surely be a way to get a few more #aff pennies but obviously not been offered anything for free so just skip that bit

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also rant time - but the claims influencers make about products are SO wild?! Skin & me won’t be able to claim that they can cure acne/spots because there’s such a high and costly burden of evidence they need to acquire before they’d get ASA clearance on such a claim, or if they claimed it on a product page they’d be in trouble.

Even the teeny tiny independent business I buy my soap from is super diligent about this when I asked about sensitive skin. That’s someone’s actual subject area of expertise using skill and knowledge they’ve built over years of study & practice & customer feedback, and yet they still won’t speak out of turn even though they’re probably right! Yet a no brain influencer is allowed to say anything about any product they profit from the sales of and it’s ok? Wild! 🤯

Reactions: 11
If she put functional wardrobes in her bedroom either side of the fireplace instead of a linen cupboard and sideboard, she wouldn’t need to stuff as much clothes into those large storage bags each season,

The absolute state of that black jumper, some white line going across it and it crumpled/creased - surely as a fashion stylist turned fashion, editor, she would have looked back at that reel, cringed and thought, no, cannot post that.

She can chose love, joy, whatever she wants but surely she should also chose to bring some level of professionalism to her career.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Omg that post reads like a bad AI script, it doesn’t even make sense.
‘The Daily Doser is a great investment for me as it affects my daily life.’ Huh?

Imagine being so keen for £££ you will post any old drivel cobbled together for you to copy and paste.

‘I chose joy, I chose to be comfortable in my skin, I chose not to care about others opinions of me and I have felt so much more confident.’

Well now we know why she posted that ridiculous reel about her new confidence about her (perfectly normal) upper arms, it was to trail this bleeping nonsense. Scarlet for you hun

• Haha
The refamiliarising reel. Wow. The privilege! The time! The absolute blinkered luxury this woman lives in. “Oh I am undeclaredgifted so many things the piles of it all overwhelms me so, I must away to the secret additional wing of my manor to touch and fondle and play with them all until I feel better”

She’s like a Victorian lady of the manor creating woe for herself out of nothing.

Or maybe it’s all a preview for what’s set to appear on her Vinted when the ‘new season’ (Bleurgh) of autumn winter wear starts gifting its way to her and this older stuff from the loft (the loft!! With a whole room of spare wardrobes AND the under bed storage she’s previously flogged!!) is deemed out of style

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I do a seasonal swap over twice a year too. That’s because I have one single wardrobe. I don’t have space to refamiliarise myself with them. I get them out, pack up the summer clothes, all done. No philosophical navel gazing needed.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Digital creator brings clothes down from loft and hangs them on a rail. Close to 170 people are in raptures - ‘It’s like shopping your own wardrobe’.
Anyone would think she had discovered a cure for frugality.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A day off…she’s trolling surely….i suppose she’s had a hard week managing her 4 staff and bringing a bag of clothes identical to the ones she’s just bought down from the loft and making a half arsed attempt at steaming them…must be exhausted the poor love

• Haha
Watched the "refamiliarising myself with my wardrobe" reel and my overriding thought was that everything looks absolutely minging. Dirty, creased, bobbly and just not looked after at all.

Reactions: 5
I never usually listen to stuff with sound on on insta, but whenever I do with Alex I’m taken aback by how posh she sounds. It all becomes clear - she’s from a wealthy family and hasn’t married a man from a wealthy family, which is why she has such a massive chip on her shoulder about not being able to keep up with her peers from school and magazine land. No sympathy of course - she still makes enough to have 4 staff working for her apparently (including Greasy).

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.