The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell me you have too much time on your hands without telling me!!

Wtf. Iā€™m in probably her target demographic, 30 something woman with no kids and some disposable income and Iā€™ve never thought about splatterware or how fashionable it is/isnā€™t or whether I should buy someā€¦!

Reactions: 5
Splatterware is a prime example of an Insta fuelled trend which will look soooo dated in a year or so. Alex isnā€™t the only one who goes on about loving it like itā€™s a personality trait - Katherine O & Sarah Douceur are the same. Itā€™s really not very original or unique at all!!

Reactions: 9
Gaaah the sound of her voice makes me feel physically sick. This is a gross way to describe it but it sounds like the inside of her mouth is coated in a super thick saliva like the consistency of porridge or something. Grim

side note, I do like the splatter pattern, it's cute. does not need to be on everything though and don't need to just mindlessly purchase something just because it's splatter pattern when you don't even need more plates

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Alex can preach all she likes that sheā€™s delighted that splatterware (or any other trend) is now all over the place because itā€™s accessible to everyone and she just feels happy about this. Such crap coming from her.

Alex has bought into this trend and has the splatterware all over her house, we all know how she loves acquiring stuff - give it a year or so and sheā€™ll have to get rid of some of it to give space to her next fad. Whereas if she only had a few pieces of it, it could sit alongside her new acquisitions.

The majority of people have no interest in the trends in homewares anyway. For delph, most go for classic white from IKEA budgets upwards, or Denby or whatever and then add to/replace when needed. Then they might add serve-ware/bowls, platters perhaps in a single colour or more mix and match but few get rid of it all after a few years because theyā€™ve become bored of it which will happen if youā€™ve bought in excess and your home is swamped by the same pattern! Itā€™s a bit bland and un-imaginative to have a splatterware toothbrush holder in your bathroom, splatterware vases in your living room, splatterware delph in your kitchen, splatterware lunchboxes, etc.

And then in a comment on the same post, to say you donā€™t really know whatā€™s in fashion anymore. As if, coming from someone who has to constantly link latest trends and fashion so we can all click on those affiliate links.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Itā€™s exhausting enough trying to keep up with trends in clothes and accessories and makeup, I donā€™t understand who has the time and money to stay abreast of homeware trends on top. Surely Alex doesnā€™t, being a) so strapped for cash she canā€™t afford a loaf of nice bread, and b) so time-poor with her 2 kids and full time job?

Oh. Ohā€¦ šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

Reactions: 5
Itā€™s the way influencers squeeze the life out of everything that does it for me. Trends will always come and go but influencers canā€™t let anything justā€¦ be. Itā€™s not, hereā€™s my new splatterware fruit bowl. Itā€™s reel after bleeping reel about every tiny aspect - where to shop for splatterware. My favourite splatterware. Have I got too much splatterware. Did you know you can enamel splatterware. Give it a bleeping rest.
They get any tiny idea, it gets a bit of traction and they are so lazy they make it part of their personality until no one ever wants to know about it ever again. Nothing to do with what is available to buy at IKEA.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just noticed weā€™re at the end of a thread, really racing through them arenā€™t we?!

thought Iā€™d write out Alexā€™s List of Gifts for Friends People You Pretend To Like But Really Are Jealous Of Because They Married A Rich And Non Greasy Man:

- Poundshop or Post Office candles wrapped in a stingy piece of expensive ribbon that you got free with a PR gift (but no more than 2, steady on!)
- Reduced supermarket flowers wrapped in a chic piece of designer paper that cost Ā£5 alone
- Ikea splatterware
- A razor that you got as a freebie
- Anything, as long as youā€™ve made it look chic with washi tape

Whatā€™d I miss?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I saw an old picture of her recently back when I started to follow her and actually liked her style.
She is now unrecognisable.
Even noticed her nose looks different! Like itā€™s grown, maybe thatā€™s why she sounds like she canā€™t breathe properly.

Reactions: 2
ā€œI donā€™t follow trendsā€ is the influencerā€™s ā€œIā€™m not like other girlsā€ in that it is absolute bull.

I donā€™t follow trends, says literal clothes horse fashion victim obsessed with wide leg jeans (current trend) serial killer glasses (current trend) every shoe ever released (the must have Birkenstocks, new balance, the designer converse) and everything released each ā€œseasonā€ (a word literally made up by retailers to make sure you keep buying endless stuff every month/sniff of different weather)

My word.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.