The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a friend like this. Just tight. In particular, when we used to get taxis together she’d never pay her share. I assume she had a but you’re going this way anyway mentality. I found out later she’d gotten government funding for uni so had much more money than the rest of us. One of the reasons we drifted apart, stuff like that made me feel used & disrespected.

I absolutely do not want big showy presents from friends, Alex just strikes me as the type who thinks of going to a friends as free dinner & thinks about how little she can get away with giving in return.

Reactions: 10
I have a friend like this. Just tight. In particular, when we used to get taxis together she’d never pay her share. I assume she had a but you’re going this way anyway mentality. I found out later she’d gotten government funding for uni so had much more money than the rest of us. One of the reasons we drifted apart, stuff like that made me feel used & disrespected.

I absolutely do not want big showy presents from friends, Alex just strikes me as the type who thinks of going to a friends as free dinner & thinks about how little she can get away with giving in return.
Yes I agree, it is awful to have friends like that and I am absolutely understanding of all circumstances having grown up on family where everything had to be budgeted for.

thankfully my parents never chose to spend their hard earned cash on tiger tat and feed me tinned meatballs 🤢

Reactions: 7
These magazine huns are the most absolutely thoughtless friends.

I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on this thread, but the editor of Red magazine, where Alex learnt her peerless styling tips, is in the same circle as MOD and FOD in Kent. She gifted Clemmie MOD some washing up liquid for her birthday. It was designer washing up liquid but the strong suspension on tattle was that it was a regift.

Coupled with Alex’s cheap candles in a bit of ribbon, and dying flowers in some boujee paper, it forms a bit of picture of style over substance and being tight as duck.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
These magazine huns are the most absolutely thoughtless friends.

I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on this thread, but the editor of Red magazine, where Alex learnt her peerless styling tips, is in the same circle as MOD and FOD in Kent. She gifted Clemmie MOD some washing up liquid for her birthday. It was designer washing up liquid but the strong suspension on tattle was that it was a regift.

Coupled with Alex’s cheap candles in a bit of ribbon, and dying flowers in some boujee paper, it forms a bit of picture of style over substance and being tight as duck.
No way! Current editor or previous editor of Red?

Reactions: 3
I had a subscription to Red back in the day but then realised they just recycled the same articles each year! This was when Sam Baker was the editor, not sure if Alex was working there back then.

Reactions: 1
Surely for people with more money than sense? I mean, I love their candles but I would not pay £££ for washing up liquid. Some things don’t need to be “luxe”!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How does she afford to have 4 staff (including dopey?!?!) my mind genuinely boggles at this fact
Also new dress and lovely frugal £190 boden jacket on the newsletter this week

Reactions: 4
How does she afford to have 4 staff (including dopey?!?!) my mind genuinely boggles at this fact
Also new dress and lovely frugal £190 boden jacket on the newsletter this week
I was going to say that, she really doesn’t understand how lucky she was to be at the right the place and right time

Reactions: 2
Pretty sure the plug for below deck Mediterranean (she's tagged the show and platform-heyu) should be marked as AD : pr invite or similar. I've seen other influencers who attended marking it as such......

Reactions: 5
I genuinely don't know what work they're doing, my mind boggles. If anyone has any insider knowledge on what would be going on behind the scenes I'd be really interested to read it! FOUR MEMBERS OF STAFF?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I am SO shocked. It takes four people to create this awful content. Who is on glasses Friday though?!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.