The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I genuinely don't know what work they're doing, my mind boggles. If anyone has any insider knowledge on what would be going on behind the scenes I'd be really interested to read it! FOUR MEMBERS OF STAFF?!
They can’t be staff. The must be freelance getting a few hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Also if Alex’s antics with meal planning (empty cupboard, list what you have, write it down etc etc) give us a window into her life, I am not filled with confidence in her as a manager

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Agree, her accounts always show 2 employees, her and Chris. We’ll see if that changes this year.

Reactions: 4
Do you think they all squeeze in the home office room or that they’ve gone back to hiring an external office space?

Also, given she’s just openly admitted that someone else looks after socials, reels etc for her I really don’t want to hear her complain about being busy going to press launches etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Aside from the obvious conundrum of what on earth these members of staff actually find to do in providing what is very mediocre content, the more burning question is, if these 4 (FOUR!) people are also working on Team Frugal (hahahaha) what the actual duck does Alex do?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Aside from the obvious conundrum of what on earth these members of staff actually find to do in providing what is very mediocre content, the more burning question is, if these 4 (FOUR!) people are also working on Team Frugal (hahahaha) what the actual duck does Alex do?
It's unbelievable. Even if they are freelancing a few hours a week, it shows how much money she is making to be able to outsource. It also shows how she does even less than I initially thought (with her week). More time to upload on vinted and post office runs I guess!

Am WFH today and need to make a post office run at lunch time. Not sure how I will cope. Maybe an afternoon nap?

• Haha
Am WFH today and need to make a post office run at lunch time. Not sure how I will cope. Maybe an afternoon nap?
Don’t forget if you take a selfie of yourself doing the post office trip it counts as a work expense and means you can then cancel all other work commitments for the week ahead. #toughgraft

Reactions: 9
Sometimes when I’m on my 10th Teams meeting of the day, I fantasise about what it must be like to be Alex and have a diary that says ‘11am - Flying Tiger’ and THAT’S IT for the day.

Slightly off topic but I work in a city that has a great subscriber supported newspaper. Where journalists do research beyond googling ‘glasses pics’ and search for stories that mean something. Interestingly I think there are 4 paid staff. That’s content I’m willing to pay for. Not the great gallumpher

• Heart
  • Haha
Seriously don’t understand what she does with 4 members of staff! I’m in charge of a multi million pound marketing budget for a big firm and it’s just me and 2 assistants

• Heart
Seriously don’t understand what she does with 4 members of staff! I’m in charge of a multi million pound marketing budget for a big firm and it’s just me and 2 assistants
Same. (Not the budget/job!) but I’m a marketer and the mind boggles that she has a proper team. 🤯
---
Sending strength 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So does she even post and answer the comments on IG herself? I guess that’ll be how she posts like she’s at home when she’s actually on hols.

Reactions: 3
Sorry to perpetuate toxic masculinity but I really couldn’t rate my husband if all he did for work was edit my Instagram reels 💀

We don’t all have to be subservient agents of capitalism but come on there are limits. It doesn’t even have to be for profit venture, even volunteering at the local bridge club gives you a bit of je ne sais quoi, a bit of edge, some allure ✨, you know?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve never had to “re-familiarise” myself with my clothes. I know what I have because they all fit in my wardrobe all year round

(Isn’t that checked dress she pulled out of storage almost identical to the M&S non-crunchy checked dress she was advertising the other day? So frugal.)

Not sure where to start with that post
1. Who’s got time to re-familiarise themselves with their wardrobe (someone with 4 staff and no actual job)
2. I thought she said she was steaming everything. All I see is creases.
3. Is a dressing gown not a year round item?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.