The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Exactly what I came on to say about the mortgage - clearly a lot of help from the bank of mum and dad to get a property which most lenders would classify as unmortgateable

Reactions: 4
CAN SHE STOP CALLING IT FREE TAPAS

it’s not free it’s to encourage you to buy more drinks and to also not get drunk. The cost is built in to the price of the drink you’re paying for. Cringin hell

Reactions: 16
Is she watching and trying to “goad” us with all the bralessness?

👋🏻 Hi Alex, those glasses are still bleeping awful!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had to do a double take, I couldn’t decide if it was where her boob was finishing or she had her hand in her pocket. I wish someone would gift her a bralette at least

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am I missing something with the bra thing? I don’t at all see why it’s so bad she’s decided it’s comfier not to wear one. Women’s bodies go through hell when we have kids and your tits drooping is only one of them - if women decide not wearing a bra is more comfortable then go for it.

I’ve made numerous comments on here about the ridiculously high standards women have to live up to so I’d be a shitbag not to point it out here too. Women’s bodies don’t exist just to please other people and we should be allowed to put comfort over looks if that’s what makes us feel better and good about ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Am I missing something with the bra thing? I don’t at all see why it’s so bad she’s decided it’s comfier not to wear one. Women’s bodies go through hell when we have kids and your tits drooping is only one of them - if women decide not wearing a bra is more comfortable then go for it.

I’ve made numerous comments on here about the ridiculously high standards women have to live up to so I’d be a shitbag not to point it out here too. Women’s bodies don’t exist just to please other people and we should be allowed to put comfort over looks if that’s what makes us feel better and good about ourselves.
Couldn’t agree more and if that’s what she’s comfortable wearing then that’s cool, I just don’t, personally, want to see it. And as she’s someone who promotes herself as having style, knowing how to dress, advising on what looks good, I would suggest that having your droopy tits flapping around underneath whatever you’re wearing is not conducive to that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m not sure it’s the braless thing as such, more the fact that she thinks it’s good content to film herself walking along in silence, with the camera focused on them swinging about at her knees. Crack on if it’s comfy but do we need stories with them in it every day 🤷🏻‍♀️ comfy yes (well for her maybe, I’d disagree on that point) stylish no
---
Just to add I don’t think we need to see stories of Alex walking along in silence whether that’s with or without bra, it’s literally some of the most pointless content on insta

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m not sure it’s the braless thing as such, more the fact that she thinks it’s good content to film herself walking along in silence, with the camera focused on them swinging about at her knees. Crack on if it’s comfy but do we need stories with them in it every day 🤷🏻‍♀️ comfy yes (well for her maybe, I’d disagree on that point) stylish no
---
Just to add I don’t think we need to see stories of Alex walking along in silence whether that’s with or without bra, it’s literally some of the most pointless content on insta
Aware I may be being unfair here, but it just seems more (weird) virtue signalling to me. I dress my son in girls clothes, I have black friends, I don't wear a bra. Yeah yeah, I know that's probably a reach! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But are we really all so repulsed by a woman’s body (and the natural things that happen to it from ageing and pregnancy etc) that we can say ‘I personally don’t want to see it’ and stuff. One thing that’s almost certain after carrying a child is you’ll be tripping over your tits for ever afterwards. You don’t need to wear a bra or buy stuff to make yourself more palatable to society. Same re shaving- you don’t want to do that then that’s also okay.

Although I’ve referenced peoples comments I genuinely am not having a go (and if it sounds that way please know I’m not!) I’m just fascinated at how the patriarchy and oppression of women embeds itself in to all of us to the extent we tell women they should wear more layers or not show their bodies on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve read halfway and got annoyed.
No need to embellish things like she had to hoover mouse droppings to sleep there the first night 🎻
She had money and security more than most people out there, that’s how they got it done, the end
It's like Jarvis Cocker says, she could call her family and stop it all.
That's the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve read halfway and got annoyed.
No need to embellish things like she had to hoover mouse droppings to sleep there the first night 🎻
She had money and security more than most people out there, that’s how they got it done, the end
---
Note to add; I also worked in the same industry as Alex, half of the people in the environment can afford to work there thanks to generational wealth, the others struggle to get by and either quit or keep on struggling
Stig of the dump here but I actually think mouse droppings are quite a posh problem to have 😂🫣 we’ve moved to the country so had them for the first time and I just felt like an authentique outdoors if not a bit rotten girly. Real problems to whinge about are black mold, mushrooms, roaches etc which many low income households are forced to endure in the private rental market.

Reactions: 9
But are we really all so repulsed by a woman’s body (and the natural things that happen to it from ageing and pregnancy etc) that we can say ‘I personally don’t want to see it’ and stuff. One thing that’s almost certain after carrying a child is you’ll be tripping over your tits for ever afterwards. You don’t need to wear a bra or buy stuff to make yourself more palatable to society. Same re shaving- you don’t want to do that then that’s also okay.

Although I’ve referenced peoples comments I genuinely am not having a go (and if it sounds that way please know I’m not!) I’m just fascinated at how the patriarchy and oppression of women embeds itself in to all of us to the extent we tell women they should wear more layers or not show their bodies on social media.
For me, it's not that I'm repulsed as such - I'm a mother and a breast cancer survivor who's had a mastectomy and 2 failed reconstructions, I know all about what women's bodies go through and how they look on the other side and have incredible respect of and pride in that - but the same as having a tit is totally natural and I don't want to see that, I also don't want to see droopy boobs swinging about. Or any boobs swinging about if I'm honest. I'm not sure if this particular point is an oppression of women's bodies 🤔 I don't want to see a mans balls swinging about in jogging bottoms either. I guess it's personal preference and if I'm following someone for style tips I expect that person to be "presentable" (Christ I sound like my mother) and for me tits swinging around ones waist isn't stylish.

• Haha
  • Heart
She claims to be in to fashion and despite letting herself go, she just lacks that finish, that polished look. Rather than fashionable she looks scruffy and ungroomed.

Reactions: 5
As we’ve said before, Alex just doesn’t know what she is anymore. She used to be fashionable, as in, wore clothes that were on trend and styled herself in a trendy way. Then she had kids and got a bit bigger and now she seems to have just got stuck in this rut of clashing prints, stripes, sack dresses, oversized stuff and quirky combos. Fine if that’s her style, but I thought she was meant to be showing us what’s in fashion? Like most other influencers are wearing neutrals and yes that’s massively boring but Alex hasn’t moved on from what she was wearing the last 2-3 years. I guess she wants to appear more sustainable which is commendable, but her brand identity is so confused now. Add in all the obfuscation about how much money she really has access to and it’s all just a big mess. I know it’s super hard to stay “yourself” when you have kids but if that means you can’t do the job you’ve chosen (being self employed stylist/influencer or whatever) then maybe you should choose another job. Or you could be lazy and keep doing the same thing but badly I guess.

Massive ramble there and I’m not sure how the swinging boobs fit into it, never mind 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She doesn't know what she or her brand is, as long as she continues to get paid and gifted tit were stuck with the gormless face and boob swinging as content.

Depressing she gets paid £3k+ a post featuring gormless face and swinging boob tbh. I'm sat on a teams call imagining what I'd get paid for my perky boobs 🤣

• Haha
She doesn't know what she or her brand is, as long as she continues to get paid and gifted tit were stuck with the gormless face and boob swinging as content.

Depressing she gets paid £3k+ a post featuring gormless face and swinging boob tbh. I'm sat on a teams call imagining what I'd get paid for my perky boobs 🤣
I think we have a title for the next thread..

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.