The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone seen her latest TikTok - the mouth noises are sending me šŸ˜© Iā€™m new to this thread but actually just found myself googling her name + mouth noises to see if it was just me being weird šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Still wonā€™t stick her hand in her pocket for food I see
Argh my annual ick. You havenā€™t sought out the best tapas if youā€™re given it free with a drink. Itā€™s a polite and very basic snack that is meant to go along with each round of drinks you order. Sheā€™s so effing annoying

Reactions: 10

Look who was gurning at me from the frontpage of the rightmove website today. Still no mention of the double height extension though!
ā€œThe property ā€“ that came with no working kitchen, bathroom, running water, or heating, but plenty of damp and mouldā€

Iā€™m surprised they managed to get a mortgage with no running water as thatā€™s the number one flag for deeming a property uninhabitable, then combined with the other factors such as no bathroom or kitchen too? Think sheā€™s talked too much here šŸ˜…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Must be nice to have Ā£635k cash to spend on a home in your early thirties, and then renovate it. Red magazine does pay well!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So basically sheā€™s admitting it was a cash but, since you canā€™t get a mortgage on a house thatā€™s deemed uninhabitable
Loose lips sink ships and all that
---
And pretty much the only way youā€™d get a house sale through in 30 days is a cash buyā€¦oh Alex

Reactions: 12
In interviews after the initial renovation she said when they moved in there was a lack of ā€œproper plumbingā€. This has since mysteriously morphed into ā€œno running waterā€, what a surprise.

From memory in previous interviews she said they doubled their money on the flat (from doing the loft extension and property price increases). They did get a mortgage for the difference but due to the state of the property, her parents had go guarantors on the mortgage.

Reactions: 4
There are lenders whoā€™ll lend against uninhabitable properties - but it wonā€™t be a conventional product/mainstream lender so will come at a premium. Which is totally fine, but itā€™s yet another example of why she shouldnā€™t be claiming frugality as her USP!

She manages to get a lot done for someone who claims to be on a little over the average salary? šŸ¤„

Reactions: 10
Iā€™ve read halfway and got annoyed.
No need to embellish things like she had to hoover mouse droppings to sleep there the first night šŸŽ»
She had money and security more than most people out there, thatā€™s how they got it done, the end
---
Note to add; I also worked in the same industry as Alex, half of the people in the environment can afford to work there thanks to generational wealth, the others struggle to get by and either quit or keep on struggling

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
ā€œFive years later, the exterior of the house still needs a lot of work, including a new roof, front windows, pointing, and a balcony revampā€

A new roof ainā€™t gonna come cheap. No sourdough for the next 10 years for Alex!

Reactions: 8
I guess sheā€™s there with family as there were 2 or 3 little girls in her Stories. Unless sheā€™s still putting Cato in a dress to virtue signal how right-on and progressive she is. Much like the diverse books and the ā€œI have Black friendsā€ posts šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Didnā€™t we discuss the house having a new roof on here already, Iā€™m sure I remember it? If you look on street view the house has a nice roof. I feel like the Rightmove article is an old one, they definitely moved in over 5 years ago

Reactions: 5
I guess sheā€™s there with family as there were 2 or 3 little girls in her Stories. Unless sheā€™s still putting Cato in a dress to virtue signal how right-on and progressive she is. Much like the diverse books and the ā€œI have Black friendsā€ posts šŸ™„
I saw this and did a double take but I do think itā€™s Cato as she didnā€™t say her brother was there until a few slides later. Wow, so edgy Alex šŸ™„

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.