The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #9 All the personality of a Waitrose bag for life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Content this morning is riveting….her and dopey walking in silence
I can’t believe she has SO many followers! Woweee. It’s all just so boring. She really looks un-inspirational to me here. The outfit, the crossed arms and grumpy stance.

I’m in nerja - eyes on the ground team

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t believe she has SO many followers! Woweee. It’s all just so boring. She really looks un-inspirational to me here. The outfit, the crossed arms and grumpy stance.

I’m in nerja - eyes on the ground team
Yes pls I am sure they are there

Reactions: 2
What is her obsession with wearing wide boxy tops with wide bottoms? Such a stylish, flattering look (said no one ever).

Reactions: 2
Why does she look so moody? You’re having a trip of a lifetime!!!
Doesn’t seem to be holiday of a lifetime, certainly not from what she’s showing us on stories/posts anyway. Going to shops that sell tat and buying more bitty tat. Eating basic curry. Karoke.

And the outfits, she has some lovely clothes and there she is, away on holiday and wearing the clothes that she wears to do the school run in.

Reactions: 9
Knowing Alex, she is probably either:
- trying to be cool, as if she goes on holiday all the time (forgetting that her brand is that she saves up for years for big holidays)
- actually not hugely excited because it’s her second long haul trip in a month and she’s just quite a boring person.

Reactions: 6
What’s bugged me about this whole Tokyo situation is (and aware it’s pathetically personal, but) - my folks went to Japan when I was 10 and left me and my brother with grandparents. It was an amazing opportunity for them as was an award for my dad’s work and essentially an adults only work trip but I have literally resented them for it my entire life. I’m 40! I’d love to go and could potentially save up for it but the lifetime of envy and resentment is like a core part of my personality and the butt of many family in-jokes etc.

We missed them terribly. It felt like a long 10 days! We didn’t have a bad time but we really missed them AND my grandparents made a point of never telling them if we were sad or missing them so that it wouldn’t spoil their special time away.

Just sayin…

• Heart
  • Sad
What’s bugged me about this whole Tokyo situation is (and aware it’s pathetically personal, but) - my folks went to Japan when I was 10 and left me and my brother with grandparents. It was an amazing opportunity for them as was an award for my dad’s work and essentially an adults only work trip but I have literally resented them for it my entire life. I’m 40! I’d love to go and could potentially save up for it but the lifetime of envy and resentment is like a core part of my personality and the butt of many family in-jokes etc.

We missed them terribly. It felt like a long 10 days! We didn’t have a bad time but we really missed them AND my grandparents made a point of never telling them if we were sad or missing them so that it wouldn’t spoil their special time away.

Just sayin…
That’s sad that you feel that way but I’m on the side of Alex here! (I know…sorry!)
Me and my husband are saving to go to Japan in the next couple of years so my kids will be 2 and 7 by then and we intend on leaving them at grandma and granddads. We work hard and I think we deserve a break for us to explore and enjoy without navigating with young kids.
We will of course take them on a more kid friendly break but honestly they’d prefer to hang with grandparents than be dragged around a hot city with us

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Japan doesn’t appeal to me in the slightest. There. I’ve said it 👀

Reactions: 8
Nothing from her today - I wonder if they’re flying back? She can then pretend they were only gone 5 or 6 days when we know it was really at least 10.

Reactions: 4
Is Japan the place to go this year or are influencers getting offered free trips by the Japanese tourist
Board. There seem to be so many people going it is definitely the place to be. For all of Deborah Brett’s annoying habits her trip to Japan earlier this year did look amazing and much more interesting than Alex’s. I totally missed she went to California.

Reactions: 1
Is Japan the place to go this year or are influencers getting offered free trips by the Japanese tourist
Board. There seem to be so many people going it is definitely the place to be. For all of Deborah Brett’s annoying habits her trip to Japan earlier this year did look amazing and much more interesting than Alex’s. I totally missed she went to California.
Japan is is absolutely amazing as a holiday as the culture is so different, it’s a beautiful country and food is delicious. It was also closed for a long time relative to other countries.

But, a lot of people really fetishise it. It becomes a personality trait “liking Japan”.

Reactions: 4
But, a lot of people really fetishise it. It becomes a personality trait “liking Japan”.
That is SO true. I’ve been trying to put my finger on what it is that makes me uncomfortable about the way Alex is going on about Japan and that’s it. Up there with her and her “diverse” books.

It does seem like a pointless trip for them. They went back to the same temple as last time and went to stationary and pharmacy!

Reactions: 7
Fancy travelling all that way to go shopping in pharmacies and stationary shops. She’s made the trip look really boring.

I am currently en vacances (guess where?!?) and am very much looking forward to visiting a parapharmacie before I go home for a good old skin care nerd-out.

It is not the sole thing I am doing this week 🤣
👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 🍰 🥐 🍷 🐠 🍤 🥂 ☀ 👙 🌊 🏄‍♀️ 🏖 📚 🧀 THEN 💅 💄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.