The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #8 her trainers work harder than she does

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think they do usually eat together as I think she’s said in the past that the kids eat at school/nursery/after school club, and might just have a sandwich at home in the evening, thus leaving all the beige food for Alex & Dopey. I think this is one of the reasons she finds half-terms hard, because she just doesn’t know what to do for food etc. #adulting

But if that woeful plate of pasta/green salad is anything to go by, I’m sure they all can’t wait til term starts up again…
What do they do at weekends then?!
Edited to add: maybe she means the kids are usually fussy and refuse to eat what she cooks?

That make up….it’s like a tween practicing with one of those make up sets you get that doesn’t actually know what they’re doing so just slaps it in any old way. No one, I repeat no one is asking how they can look like that
This is Alex flailing around for a niche again because she lost her way so badly after having kids. Now she’s rubbish at fashion (those culottes!), rubbish at makeup, rubbish at cooking. The only thing she’s good at is shopping for tat. Luckily, that’s mainly what her online persona is about these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That make up….it’s like a tween practicing with one of those make up sets you get that doesn’t actually know what they’re doing so just slaps it in any old way. No one, I repeat no one is asking how they can look like that
what is with the lip liner in every shot?? it's not even tagged? it looks insane!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Again I am baffled as to how she was a stylist as this outfit is the opposite of style and does her no favours at all.
IMG_9862.png

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Again I am baffled as to how she was a stylist as this outfit is the opposite of style and does her no favours at all.View attachment 2220704
I feel like it has potential - ditch the stripy t shirt, it's not a personality trait Alex... if she had a nice fitting vest or bodysuit on with the trousers and a blazer.. maybe a pair of vans/converse I think the outfit would look so much nicer and put together.. and it would give her a nicer shape/silhouette.. I know everyone has the freedom to wear what they like, but with her coming from a fashion background I just can't understand how she wouldn't know how to look good with minimal effort/tweaks
Her style used to be so good and she did always look effortlessly stylish, I think she has lost her way a bit, and maybe feels uncomfortable hence the oversized clothes.. Alex is still nice and slim and tall but always slouching/seeming uncomfortable in her self and I think that's why the clothes never seem to hit right

Reactions: 8
Those drop shoulder style tees do no one any favours! I agree - trousers not for me but could work! Racer back vest and trainers - much better!

Reactions: 2
I am all for colour clashing but this is just a huge mess.

Erica Davies has great advice on how to do colour/print clashing well eg keeping the undertones of the different colours consistent, picking colours that are opposite or adjacent etc on the colour wheel. Not about adhering to rules but about know why something works - having a lot going on but there still being visual cohesion.

So once again I question Alex’s skills as a stylist - her presumed struggles with going up a size or adjusting to becoming a parent have never really made sense to me as an explanation for getting the fundamentals so wrong, outfits like todays confirm it 🤷‍♀️

EEA111E4-FB0B-4568-BC61-6F4AE99FAD9D.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I suspect when Alex was in the fashion industry she was able to see what worked in others and work it in her own style. Now she’s not surrounded by other fashion industry types you can see she never knew the fundamentals of cut, colour and proportion. So she makes bad choices. Unfortunately, a lot of these influencers are the same. Few have the inclination to learn about style, in a comprehensive manner.

Reactions: 5
Not sure Emma has it quite right here though! Are these the women that are meant to be giving us “style” tips? Whimsical dresses aren’t really my thing thanks.

🫠
IMG_3030.jpeg

Reactions: 4
Her latest blog post - quote ..”And honestly, how my body looks in a dress is the last thing on my mind”

Strange thing for a fashion stylist/editor to think. Anyone who has an interest in clothes will observe how their body looks in something when buying clothes/deciding what to wear, etc. Does this flatter my body shape, would a smaller or larger size look better, will I it back on the rail and find something that I look nicer in ? Does this skirt length/neckline suit me ? And so on.

But since Alex doesn’t care how her body looks in anything, why does she call herself a fashion stylist/editor ?

Reactions: 7
Did we all spot that she’s bought herself a £75 swimsuit from Boden, that bastion of frugality for her summer holiday……I suspect that’s not back at the caravan in Clacton…will she pretend she’s not there when she is this year? Will her sister put her again 😂

Reactions: 3
Did we all spot that she’s bought herself a £75 swimsuit from Boden, that bastion of frugality for her summer holiday……I suspect that’s not back at the caravan in Clacton…will she pretend she’s not there when she is this year? Will her sister put her again 😂
She’s ALWAYS buying stuff for herself! Whenever she does these outfit posts so so much of it is new!! She makes out ‘oh I’ve had this for 5 years’ - you know, like normal people but so much else is new new new! Which is totally fine but just own it!!

Reactions: 5
It’s two weeks worth of food in her books.
It’s just so contradictory and ridiculous I don’t even know where to start

Reactions: 7
So frugal!
And would it be so hard to say it’s a brand she has a collaboration with 🙄
£22.30 for two little jars once you add on the shipping.

Someone sound the frugality klaxon - Alex has found us another banging frugal bargain! 🚨

Bet it would be lovely on a bit of sourdough, if only Alex could afford such luxury 🎻

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Trying somewhere new for her hair today….after saying previously she won’t go anywhere else….influencer speak for ‘I’ve been offered a freebie and I don’t care if taking it goes against everything I’ve said in the past because…free stuff’

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.