The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just post a pic of the receipt Alex! It takes 10 seconds compared to all this bollocks trying to explain how you manage it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Just gone onto the Sainsbury’s app to look at the snacks I’m buying mainly with my toddler in mind, obviously some of these are enjoyed by all -

Organix oat bars - £2.20 (down from £2.50)
Cheerios - £3.20 (will last much longer than a week, obvs!)
Pink lady apples - £1.50 (from £2.20, and most weeks this is two packs but we have some left over as we’ve been on an orange vibe this week)
Soreen mini malt loaves - £2.30
Fair trade bananas £0.71 x 2 = £1.42
Easy peelers £2.90
Organic whole milk £2.15 for 4 pints and I’ll buy 3/4 a week, admittedly do use this for hot chocs too 🤭 but £8.60

In total that’s £22.12 (I think? Just done it in my head so pls correct if wrong) but basically half of what they’re feeding their whole family weekly? Really?! Obviously there will be things that roll over into future weeks and we go into each week with stuff in stock already and obviously we’ll eat a banana or apples too, but that’ll be the case for them too…? It’s almost as if it doesn’t make any bleeping sense and would be absolutely impossible. Do the parents cover the food shop too? 😂

Reactions: 8
She’s a privately educated, middle class, straight white woman with one child of each sex and a joke of a job that brings in £££. She really needs to scrape the barrel to find something in her life that isn’t a privilege.
Oh she found, 👓

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I decided to make the halloumi tray bake and just added the ingredients to my online shop (minus what we already had in the fridge which is of course FREE, right?). £11 in Tesco. And that’s for one tray which might feed us all but will no way produce any leftovers. If they are eating this over two meals then we are taking about HALF of their £40 budget.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She has replied to someone who asked that she still gets an odd box fortnightly so that can't be included in the cost surely?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
The whole thing is just so disingenuous and is sort of insidious if you deep it? Like she’s a sales rep for various companies right, but at least the girl at the Clinique counter wouldn’t have the audacity to imply you can feed your family for £40 a week in order to buy more of her wares. And this is what Alex is doing? She’s giving loads of women (and lbr, this tit is only ever targeted at women) false hope that they too can slice their food bill down to a third of what it was in order to buy more Sezane/Skin & Me/matches, and in the comments she’s not even slick she’s promoting her bleeping food planner as a means to this entirely fabricated end? This is so grotesque.

Also if you go back and view that reel again you see how pitiful the sides are. She has halloumi and what must be one sweet potato’s worth of fries stacked on a sharing plate but it’s woefully inadequate, a tiny portion of broccoli and mash is cut off to the right so you can’t see that the majority of the dinner plate is barren.

Reactions: 18
She’s bitten off more than she can chew with this post, really foolish of her. I’ve just done a 3 day food shop at Aldi and it’s come out at £60 for the 4 of us. No extras brought just food, drinks (breakfast, lunches and dinners), and some cleaning supplies

Reactions: 7
This post is really winding me up. Even just a quick add of a few ingredients to my Aldi online basket shows that there is absolutely no way that she got all for under £40. There's at least 2 blocks of haloumi used over that week of meals, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, tenderstem broccoli, smoked salmon, avocado (surely at least 2) the list goes on and on....
WHY has she posted this? To promote her crappy meal planner?
doesn't make sense to post if not going to break it down?

Reactions: 13
My Aldi shop on Sunday was £37.61 and I live on my own! (I did buy some £2.99 flowers and 2 bottles of their dupes of The Sanctuary shower gel that came to under £4) I still had to go to sainsbury’s as my Aldi has randomly stopped selling things I would buy regularly! That came to around £11.

I really don’t believe her.

This post is really winding me up. Even just a quick add of a few ingredients to my Aldi online basket shows that there is absolutely no way that she got all for under £40. There's at least 2 blocks of haloumi used over that week of meals, pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, tenderstem broccoli, smoked salmon, avocado (surely at least 2) the list goes on and on....
WHY has she posted this? To promote her crappy meal planner?
doesn't make sense to post if not going to break it down?
Winding me up too, it really is outrageous, like those click bait titles but then the story is about something completely different.
She’s gaslighting people who are genuinely looking for tips

Reactions: 11
The really grotesque part imo, is SHE DOESN’T EVEN NEED TO LIVE LIKE SHE IS CLAIMING TO (sorry for shouting but 😡 here too). She could easily spend more and not even notice. She isn’t on a strict food budget for any reason other than she gives herself one.

I was going to write that she is performing being poor like we’ve said before, but then I realised, I think she/they actually think that compared to their families, peers, etc… they ARE poor. And that other “poor” people are living just like them. When she reads about people struggling with rising costs and energy bills she thinks that she is like them.

🤮

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
An interesting news report was just being released about how the cost of food Has gone up so much that is the highest inflation in 40 years but not according to old frugal face here

372F91CE-EAE2-4E5E-8436-AA10932E00B9.jpeg

Pretty sure she's hidden or deleted my comment from the post about £40 meals ....
(Maybe I just can't see it but wouldn't put it past here to delete!!)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I'm pissing myself that someone has thanked her for her transparency. Tongue in cheek, methinks!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.