Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
Is she joking posting about the Lionesses?

One of the reasons this has the platform it now does (finally) is because of years of investment and risk taking from the BBC? The same BBC she wants us all to stop giving £14 a month to?

She can fuck off with this shit. The very reason the entire tournament was broadcast in to the living rooms of millions of people is because of an institution that has poured opportunities in to it over the last few years, something many other broadcasters point blank refused to do. How is it meant to champion these causes if it has no money?? She needs to have a word with herself and have a think about the messaging she is putting out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

CornedBeefHashtag

For goodness sake. Why not choose a less cool/hip/instagrammable/tragic/predictable hotel where you can then pay the same for a suite and not have to sit in the dark whilst your kids sleep?? As always her choices & contradictions are baffling. She thinks she’s being frugal but it just comes across as stupidity. They really do seem to be a clueless pair making a ham fisted attempt at living as adults.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dizzy

VIP Member
I don’t begrudge anyone getting a leg up from parents or family - I was given my first house by an uncle and I will help my children when the time comes - but the whole ‘we’re the same as you, saving our pennies by not paying the licence fee and missing out on sourdough. Poor us eh - buy us a coffee’ is not only a complete fallacy but unbelievably insulting and makes her really very unlikeable.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
She’s posted about justice for Chris Kaba but given that she never ever posts anything political I am cynical. I feel the same when she posts photos of the racially diverse books she buys Peggy and Cato and when she goes to influencer events and takes photos of herself with influencers of colour.

It’s all very virtue-signalling and as a WOC myself I’m left wondering what kind of anti-racism work she actually does in her day to day life. And this isn’t just Alex either - a lot of influencers only “discovered” racism after May 2020. They never felt the need for diversity and inclusion before that!

• Heart
Reactions: 21

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
The really grotesque part imo, is SHE DOESN’T EVEN NEED TO LIVE LIKE SHE IS CLAIMING TO (sorry for shouting but 😡 here too). She could easily spend more and not even notice. She isn’t on a strict food budget for any reason other than she gives herself one.

I was going to write that she is performing being poor like we’ve said before, but then I realised, I think she/they actually think that compared to their families, peers, etc… they ARE poor. And that other “poor” people are living just like them. When she reads about people struggling with rising costs and energy bills she thinks that she is like them.

🤮

• Heart
  • Angry

D78

New thread.. don't buy sourdough bread save your money for the Hoxton instead

murphao

I was in Tiger recently and surprised at how basic it all looks. Would rather save my money and get something luxurious once a year than buy cheap candles every few days.
Doesn’t she realise that there’s hardly any scent in those candles, and that the throw is a metre or two? She tagged an independent shop recently, complaining that the candles sold were too ‘expensive’, but she’d get one quality candle there for the price of five candles in Tiger. Cheap doesn’t always mean that it’s a bargain…

She really has become a hate follow for me. She is tight-fisted, a bit of a mean girl (seriously, who tags multiple independent shops complaining about prices?) and has no respect for other people’s work or craft. She’s happy to go a free exhibition, but won’t pay for cultural activities. When they were in Paris, she posted a photo of a series they’re watching. She’s taking advantage of (another) free trial of Amazon Prime, and she can’t even be bothered to pay £6.99 a month for a streaming service that funds the television industry. Don’t get me started on the post on her grid about how to circumvent paying your tv licence...

• Heart
Reactions: 20

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
I saw this on her site the other day (it’s from 2016) and thought it would give you all a good laugh like it did me 😆
B19C83AA-6102-4A6F-99C6-30FDC5980CB8.png

• Haha

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Recap…

Alex and Chris still haven’t shown the secret second story extension of their house.

They continue to play at being poor people, eating only white carbs and advocating not paying for a tv licence.

They also continue to fill their house with (Tiger) tat (and their garden with many small storages).

Their neighbour put their house up for sale and it is up for £895k. It was revealed that A&C had a new roof on their house at some point in the last few years (according to Google StreetView). However the front of their house still looks like a squat.

It was speculated that their daughter may be going to private school, as nothing was mentioned about school allocations at the relevant time. Obviously this would be funded by the bank of (her) mum and dad as A&C are just sooo poor.

Finally they went to Mallorca with her family (“we aren’t going to [my parents holiday home in] Spain this year”) but she fudged the timings on Instagram, perhaps in order to pretend they could only go for a much shorter time than they actually did. This was revealed by her sister (as with the secret second story extension) who was posting holiday stories of A&C’s kids the week before. Alex made out she cooked a pasta bake in 39 degree heat at home - but it was ok because their kitchen and garden faces north.

They also launched a new meal planner which no one needs, wants or asked for (especially if all you eat is egg mayo sarnies and pasta).

Phew!

• Heart
  • Haha

Author123

Chatty Member
Tell me you’re out of touch with the current price of food in supermarkets without telling me you’re out of touch with the current price of food in supermarkets…

• Heart

SagaNoren

I know I’m late to this party and it’s probably been said before, but what is this “re-wearing” that all these influencers go on about? Surely it is just… wearing?

• Haha
Is it possible to spend just £40 on a weeks food shop for two adults and two kids?? Has anyone spent this little for a family of 4?
Absolutely not, it’s a gross lie perpetuated by massive tories (see also: Jack Monroe) to justify woefully inadequate wages/benefits by being good poors whereas anyone else who can’t survive the impossible is just a feckless poor. There’s simply no way to provide a healthy and varied diet week in week out for 4 ppl on that, and how nasty for her to pretend when she’s subsidising it with gifted meals & food.

• Heart

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Christ, her latest TK Maxx tips. I love a TKM but “buy one set of candles and split the pack into smaller sets of gifts”? That’s not frugal, that’s being a tight bastard!

• Haha

pandysbox

TBH she can claim what she likes if she’s entitled to it, fine.
But the sheer audacity to have a page called the frugality when she’s had a secret extension built on a house with secret gifted equity, just been on a secret holiday all while claiming she can’t afford a sour dough loaf!!!

She needs cancelling

Reactions: 19

PastorBake

Chatty Member
I think she should stop being so generous to us all with the free content, stop all the ads and 'kindly gifted' and move over to charging for her content instead. I'd like to see how that works out for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19