The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s also talking about the new series The Watcher and how amazing it is that there’s “glasses representation”. Are tv shows lacking in glasses-wearing characters? I didn’t think they were 🤷🏻‍♀️ Or does she think women who wear glasses are a marginalised group?
The way she talks about glasses representation is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. When there are so many in society who are genuinely discriminated against and marginalised, why does she feel that people who wear glasses need to be represented and need to have awareness drawn to them through her Fr-eye-days?! I wish she would use her platform to raise attention of a more deserving cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The way she talks about glasses representation is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. When there are so many in society who are genuinely discriminated against and marginalised, why does she feel that people who wear glasses need to be represented and need to have awareness drawn to them through her Fr-eye-days?! I wish she would use her platform to raise attention of a more deserving cause.
+1, she clearly is in it for freebies but if eyesight was genuinely something she cared about she could do something about cataracts or glaucoma or blindness etc etc. But no freebies to be had there 😬

Reactions: 11
Who batch cooks mac and cheese? It’s so easy 😳 also a total treat dinner (for me!) seeing as it has no veg or meat in it.

Reactions: 7
Also, reheated pasta is so rubbery! She’d be better off just batch cooking the sauce and using freshly cooked pasta with it each time.

Reactions: 9
Is it possible to spend just £40 on a weeks food shop for two adults and two kids?? Has anyone spent this little for a family of 4?

She needs to at least update that lie to match the current food prices. Not that Alex would know what a shop costs as it’s probably while since she bought anything…except sourdough, she knows the price of that….expensive

Is it possible to spend just £40 on a weeks food shop for two adults and two kids?? Has anyone spent this little for a family of 4?
Absolutely not, it’s a gross lie perpetuated by massive tories (see also: Jack Monroe) to justify woefully inadequate wages/benefits by being good poors whereas anyone else who can’t survive the impossible is just a feckless poor. There’s simply no way to provide a healthy and varied diet week in week out for 4 ppl on that, and how nasty for her to pretend when she’s subsidising it with gifted meals & food.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Absolutely not, it’s a gross lie perpetuated by massive tories (see also: Jack Monroe) to justify woefully inadequate wages/benefits by being good poors whereas anyone else who can’t survive the impossible is just a feckless poor. There’s simply no way to provide a healthy and varied diet week in week out for 4 ppl on that, and how nasty for her to pretend when she’s subsidising it with gifted meals & food.
And did I miss any fresh fruit on that or do they not eat it? Breakfast? Snacks?

Reactions: 5
And did I miss any fresh fruit on that or do they not eat it? Breakfast? Snacks?
Just watched it about 4 times to try and figure it out 😅 It looks as if most dinners are tray bake style which is fine and explains how they’re so cheap esp as there’s not any veg or salad on the side, then leftovers of the tray the next day. No breakfasts, fruit, or snacks mentioned but they do say £40 meals not weekly food shop but is very tricksy wording reminiscent of other top Tories.

Reactions: 10
40 quid for food and 10 for the matches 🤡

Also the comments so self righteous “we shop at Lidl and stick to a list”.
This is the reality of most ppl but certainly not her and her husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She also says the curry was from the freezer (so probably not counted in cost) and the 'leftovers' are probably counter similarly 🙄

No way they bought all the food shown in that reel for £40

No way that shop was £40. The avocado, salmon and halloumi alone would be close to £10. I want to see the receipt.
Also I’d need a lot more than those small portions, especially as they’re using some for lunches, there would be no leftovers in our household from that size meal!

40 quid for food and 10 for the matches 🤡

Also the comments so self righteous “we shop at Lidl and stick to a list”.
This is the reality of most ppl but certainly not her and her husband.
Didn’t she once post a photo of Sainsbury’s and claim it was Lidl? I mean, no shame in Sainsbo’s but that’s just embarrassing! Why post it at all?

Reactions: 6
Wow this is a new low for her. Absolutely no way did that cost £40 and absolutely no way it fed a family of 4 a week’s worth of dinners and lunches. Total BS, I cannot believe she thinks she can get away with a lie like this?!

Reactions: 8
Just watched it about 4 times to try and figure it out 😅 It looks as if most dinners are tray bake style which is fine and explains how they’re so cheap esp as there’s not any veg or salad on the side, then leftovers of the tray the next day. No breakfasts, fruit, or snacks mentioned but they do say £40 meals not weekly food shop but is very tricksy wording reminiscent of other top Tories.
Mm yeah very tricky and misleading..

Reactions: 2
A food/drinks editor has left a comment that she would like to see her ACTUAL ( yes, word written in capitals! ) food list so she can recreate….😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.