The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap…

Alex and Chris still haven’t shown the secret second story extension of their house.

They continue to play at being poor people, eating only white carbs and advocating not paying for a tv licence.

They also continue to fill their house with (Tiger) tat (and their garden with many small storages).

Their neighbour put their house up for sale and it is up for £895k. It was revealed that A&C had a new roof on their house at some point in the last few years (according to Google StreetView). However the front of their house still looks like a squat.

It was speculated that their daughter may be going to private school, as nothing was mentioned about school allocations at the relevant time. Obviously this would be funded by the bank of (her) mum and dad as A&C are just sooo poor.

Finally they went to Mallorca with her family (“we aren’t going to [my parents holiday home in] Spain this year”) but she fudged the timings on Instagram, perhaps in order to pretend they could only go for a much shorter time than they actually did. This was revealed by her sister (as with the secret second story extension) who was posting holiday stories of A&C’s kids the week before. Alex made out she cooked a pasta bake in 39 degree heat at home - but it was ok because their kitchen and garden faces north.

They also launched a new meal planner which no one needs, wants or asked for (especially if all you eat is egg mayo sarnies and pasta).

Phew!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Great recap!

Also she persists with the dull as dishwasher glasses stories which no one gives a toss about but it is WORK after all

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Don’t want to blow my own trumpet but I think mine was the highest liked… and it’s not often I get ‘em 🤣

Just to add to the recap that her husband is still looking like a poundshop David Seaman and someone suggested Peggy might have broken her leg after slipping on his hair…

Reactions: 10
“However the front of their house still looks like a squat” I am dying at this and the pound shop David Seaman comment 😂😂😂

Seriously though a new roof would have been 40k for a house of that size. I know a couple of people in the area who have had to spend this much as often the rafters need to be raised and this adds to the cost.

My lovely neighbour had to take a bank loan for her new roof as she doesn’t have a bank of mum and dad to fall back on.

The tiger tat annoys me as it’s just not frugal or sustainable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Seriously though a new roof would have been 40k for a house of that size. I know a couple of people in the area who have had to spend this much as often the rafters need to be raised and this adds to the cost.

My lovely neighbour had to take a bank loan for her new roof as she doesn’t have a bank of mum and dad to fall back on.
Nah, an average 3 bed is about 4-6k depending on where you live, she’s a four bedroom terraced with an extension? Nowhere near £40k.

Reactions: 1
Nah, an average 3 bed is about 4-6k depending on where you live, she’s a four bedroom terraced with an extension? Nowhere near £40k.
Granted I’m a different part of London but I’ve been quoted £18k for a new roof on my tiny terraced so 40k doesn’t seem like that far out to me? At the very least I feel it would have been over £20k

Reactions: 3
Omg Pound Shop David Seaman has to be a front runner for the next thread title already! 🤣🤣

Don’t this is a touchy subject because I won the last one but it still didn’t make the title 😭🤣 I might start an Instagram account about how oppressed and disadvantaged I am as a result

• Haha
How many “staff” does she employ? She keeps it all hush hush - although her meal planner story seemed to imply she had ALOT

Reactions: 2
How many “staff” does she employ? She keeps it all hush hush - although her meal planner story seemed to imply she had ALOT
She’s got at least two, they’ve been pictured before. I struggle to understand what they all do apart from count matches and wrap planners

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing is in our part of London it’s really common for there to be issues with the rafters in these types of houses which whacks the price up really high. I know of three in the streets round me and it involves the whole roof coming off and new rafters going in then new batons, felt, slate etc.

Reactions: 3
I don't think prices like that have been around in London for at least a decade now. Around 4 years ago it was £10k+, so must be double that now at least.

You can't even get a small kitchen for 4-6k anymore, nevermind a new roof.

The thing is in our part of London it’s really common for there to be issues with the rafters in these types of houses which whacks the price up really high. I know of three in the streets round me and it involves the whole roof coming off and new rafters going in then new batons, felt, slate etc.
If that happened when she re did her roof, surely she’d have to move house/hard to hide all that work??

Assume she got it done yeh same time as the secret extension, would make sense as the scaffolding would already be up. Wonder if that went on the ‘credit card’ aka bank of mum and dad too

Reactions: 1
@ClaraF when my neighbour had her roof done it took 3 or 4 days I think. I was surprised how quick it was all done to be honest. I reckon probably the secret extension and new roof happened round about the same time like @louderforthecheapseats said.

Next will be a loft conversion!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.