The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s just bullshit. She’s saying she bought avocado, halloumi, salmon, enough cheese for a Mac and cheese and a fajita meal, chicken, chorizo, sausages and then all the other smaller bits for her family for £40? She’s an idiot

Reactions: 11
And why was this posted on her personal page and not The Frugality? This is exactly the sort of content she should be posting on The Frugality.

Reactions: 5
Her response… “I’ll try and share”…. Definitely won’t happen 🤔
This is word for word from the Jack Monroe playbook. If it’s so straight forward you should just be able to write it up, right? Or just a pic of the receipt. The fact you can’t suggests it’s not true, eg you had leftover chicken/salmon in so really you’re only buying the cheaper additions rather than the most expensive part of the meals.

Big Tory energy yet again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s just bullshit. She’s saying she bought avocado, halloumi, salmon, enough cheese for a Mac and cheese and a fajita meal, chicken, chorizo, sausages and then all the other smaller bits for her family for £40? She’s an idiot

And then the eggs, breads and veg. Saying XXX was bought the week before, from the freezer is nonsense. What’s the real total, including milk, bread, snacks, juices, fruit and so on ? In all probability, that collection of ‘meals’ was a random selection of meals over a longer period of time than a week. Didn’t we see her out late last week at a sushi place.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Also her kids will be eating at school and nursery. If the school is private then that’s not free lunches. If your child is at nursery you’ll pay through the nose but you won’t have to feed them at all that day.
She really is the North London Jack Monroe.

Reactions: 8
In one of the comments Alex claims the £40 includes everything for the week (snack, drinks, breakfast) and leftovers for the week after. Even gives a snarky remark they don’t buy alcohol for at home just when out as if that would be cheaper! She’s a clown.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
And then the eggs, breads and veg. Saying XXX was bought the week before, from the freezer is nonsense. What’s the real total, including milk, bread, snacks, juices, fruit and so on ? In all probability, that collection of ‘meals’ was a random selection of meals over a longer period of time than a week. Didn’t we see her out late last week at a sushi place.
Absolutely. Just a collection of meals over the weeks. There is NO receipt and it was never £40. She’s a liar.

In one of the comments Alex claims the £40 includes everything for the week (snack, drinks, breakfast) and leftovers for the week after. Even gives a snarky remark they don’t buy alcohol for at home just when out as if that would be cheaper! She’s a clown.
lmaoooo that is such an outrageous lie, I die! Usually we get mindful chef dinners and the top up Sainsburys shop is £5/60 a week for two adults and a toddler in full time childcare, we buy a fair bit of fruit for her though which I imagine is a saving for them as it’s no where to be seen. But that’s just a bitty shop with like… cereal and bread, fruit, nappies, milk (that alone is over a tenner a week!), wipes, cleaning stuff… and is +25-50% on what she claims she feeds them for an entire week? Give over!

When we did 100% Sainsbury’s shop when my sister came to live with us for a few months it was £170 a week for 3 adults and one toddler (this sounds obscene but sister has food issues so specific requirements). I can’t imagine getting any change out of £100 for a family of 4 though? Unless you were all pixie waifs?

Reactions: 4
I have two kids in full time childcare plus I try to buy own brand and lots of pulses but we still don’t go under 120 a week, there’s little waste but kids need snacks and variety.
I am sure I can cut back a bit more (though at the moment we’re ok!) but I couldn’t go lower than 90/100 a week I don’t think even if I was careful ?

lmaoooo that is such an outrageous lie, I die! Usually we get mindful chef dinners and the top up Sainsburys shop is £5/60 a week for two adults and a toddler in full time childcare, we buy a fair bit of fruit for her though which I imagine is a saving for them as it’s no where to be seen. But that’s just a bitty shop with like… cereal and bread, fruit, nappies, milk (that alone is over a tenner a week!), wipes, cleaning stuff… and is +25-50% on what she claims she feeds them for an entire week? Give over!

When we did 100% Sainsbury’s shop when my sister came to live with us for a few months it was £170 a week for 3 adults and one toddler (this sounds obscene but sister has food issues so specific requirements). I can’t imagine getting any change out of £100 for a family of 4 though? Unless you were all pixie waifs?

I love the comments, people are definitely seeing through her.
She’s a gasloghter
There are too many ‘this is amazing, thanks for inspiration!’ comments too. But they don’t seem genuine. Looks like instahuns are just ‘supporting each other’.

I have two kids in full time childcare plus I try to buy own brand and lots of pulses but we still don’t go under 120 a week, there’s little waste but kids need snacks and variety.
I am sure I can cut back a bit more (though at the moment we’re ok!) but I couldn’t go lower than 90/100 a week I don’t think even if I was careful ?
Two kids (school age) and we spend about £160 a week. Sometimes more.

Also, we never have leftovers! Well maybe enough for one person’s lunch but that’s it. I don’t know how many tray bakes she does in one go but I like that style of cooking as well and we just eat it all up in one sitting. I have never had enough leftover to require freezing. I’m just raging at how inaccurate this post is (as you can see 🤣).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Absolute Billy Bullshitter! My kids are with their dad some of the time and OH and I eat out prob twice a week. We cook from scratch and eat fairly simply, shopping at Lidl and Tesco. There's no way we're spending less than £70 on the weekly shop. She's a bleeping hole perpetuating this myth and making people who haven't clocked on to her bullshit wonder why they can't shop to her £40 budget.

She’s a privately educated, middle class, straight white woman with one child of each sex and a joke of a job that brings in £££. She really needs to scrape the barrel to find something in her life that isn’t a privilege.
Also, PREEEEEEACH!!! 🙌

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Didn’t she once post a photo of Sainsbury’s and claim it was Lidl? I mean, no shame in Sainsbo’s but that’s just embarrassing! Why post it at all?
Yeah, she did. Pics of the baby having his first trip to Lidl when there was clearly Sainsbury's own brand washing powder in the background. There's photo receipts in an earlier thread.

Reactions: 6
I bet she’s having a meltdown about this post and having to attempt a breakdown of costs! I imagine it will be deleted

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.