The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back in the day, you used to be able to make good money on reselling clothes on eBay but now unless it’s a certain kind of item, you can end up with literally pennies.

Reactions: 6
Idk what bullshit is she talking about when 3/4 of her past holidays are gifted. I just hate middle class women giving money management lesson 🙄 selling clothes online won’t buy you holiday, a one meal out at most. 🙄🙄

Reactions: 15
I’m shocked by the many positive comments on that post. To begin with, do people really have that many unused items in their wardrobes, around their home to be able to regularly sell and make money of it? If yes, that surely is a problem of overconsumption and then they aren’t those who need extra money. I don’t think a healthy fulfilled adult in their late 30s early 40s would be buying countless unnecessary items unless there’s a certain emotional void to fill.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m shocked by the many positive comments on that post. To begin with, do people really have that many unused items in their wardrobes, around their home to be able to regularly sell and make money of it? If yes, that surely is a problem of overconsumption and then they aren’t those who need extra money. I don’t think a healthy fulfilled adult in their late 30s early 40s would be buying countless unnecessary items unless there’s a certain emotional void to fill.
Agree completely. Think a lot of this content (and she’s not the only offender) comes from these adult children who are used to a lifestyle of hyper consumption gifted to them by parents that heavily subsidise their fixed overheads. Now for the first time in their adult lives those costs are increasing and brands will inevitably slash marketing budgets which is their bread and butter. All this pointless noise is just a desperation to pivot into the next thrifty cool girl slot so they make it through the storm, it’s meaningless guff because ultimately they’ve got affluent parents to pick up the tab whilst most the country don’t.

Reactions: 10
Honestly I would’ve preferred her not posting the candle story this night. It’s frankly distasteful that she got a gifted one from Plum and Ashby, like she didn’t have enough candles she could light or couldn’t pay the £30 that would’ve gone to Tommy’s.

Reactions: 11
Honestly I would’ve preferred her not posting the candle story this night. It’s frankly distasteful that she got a gifted one from Plum and Ashby, like she didn’t have enough candles she could light or couldn’t pay the £30 that would’ve gone to Tommy’s.
Yes I did think it was tacky to use a gifted candle, just use another one which you’d paid for.

I know others have already said it, but posting a picture of a ‘gifted’ charity candle is the tackiest thing I’ve seen in quite some time.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’d hope she’d donate the £30 anyway and this is just a good way of raising extra funds for the charity by posting the candle….I’d hope….

Beyond bad taste to post a picture of a gifted candle for the Wave of Light. What on earth made her think that was a good idea? Not cool Alex, really not cool.

Reactions: 10
This is so ghastly sorry but surely the point of the charity gifting her that candle is so she posts it ahead of the wave of light so people buy it for the wave of light? So she’s taken a charity freebie and in turn raised absolutely nothing for them? Great.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Anna Hart posted a story of the same candle with no reference to Tommy’s or if was gifted, then I saw Alex post a story with the candle.
Maybe an hour or so later, Anna posted another story with the candle explaining what it was about and had deleted her previous story! Looks like she was gifted one, too, but isn’t marked as a gift.
So neither of them donated to the charity, but accepted the candle for free?!!

Edit. Anna has dedicated a grid post to the candle.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Ok so I didn’t realise those candles raise money for Tommys which is great but it’s still crass AF (IMO) to post a gifted product with no context (and most probably no donation) for something like WoL.

Reactions: 3
Ok so I didn’t realise those candles raise money for Tommys which is great but it’s still crass AF (IMO) to post a gifted product with no context (and most probably no donation) for something like WoL.
Like someone else also pointed out, she surely had been sent the candle well in advance. At least she could’ve posted ahead of Saturday to raise awareness and that maybe would’ve raised some funds too for the charity! I too was lighting a candle last night, and seeing Alex do it with ‘Gifted’ in the largest font made me sick. I think the is the lowest she’s done. Shame you can’t comment on stories for others to see, and there’s no point in messaging Alex.

Reactions: 7
Ah no I didn’t realise either, if she’d said all profits from the candle went to the charity and that as she’d had it gifted she donated separately I would have understood

Reactions: 3
Did ‘paint bin storage’ really need to be written on a list, when that’s the only thing on the to do list! Ok so that’s a mad 1 hour job, or will she be painting it with a fine art brush and take 6 months like the bloody fence!?
DDFF3A50-4865-43DA-ADD5-176A907EE30C.png

😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.