The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rather she brings banana or something, at least that is useful. What do I do with those candles?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why does Alex always cut her extension in half in photos? You very rarely see over the back doors? Does it have a flat roof? Another extension on top?

( I’m new to this thread) 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I rather she brings banana or something, at least that is useful. What do I do with those candles?
Do you legitimately not ever light candles?

I quite enjoy a candle, although I don't know why anyone would 'gift' anyone two. First rule of interior design (that I'm assuming she thinks she's up on) is odd numbers look better.

Reactions: 1
Why does Alex always cut her extension in half in photos? You very rarely see over the back doors? Does it have a flat roof? Another extension on top?

( I’m new to this thread) 😘
It has a pitched roof plus a first floor storey that never gets shown (unless her sister drops a bollock and accidently posts a picture of it).

Reactions: 2
Do you legitimately not ever light candles?

I quite enjoy a candle, although I don't know why anyone would 'gift' anyone two. First rule of interior design (that I'm assuming she thinks she's up on) is odd numbers look better.
No, not scented candles that I get from friends because I have pets. I am fussy about the kind of things that I light at home. So my friends know not to get me random candles unless I have specifically ask for it

I had never received candles as a hosting gift and would not know what to do with them because I don’t even own any candle holders. I just expect people to bring wine!
Nah you just need to go tiger and buy a candle holder. Whilst you are there you can pick up some candles too

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Here are some great gift ideas (cough I mean useless things I can clutter my already cluttered home with and never give as gifts because you all know I gift the even cheaper tiger tat candles)

Oh god, just seen on BBC news there’s a schoolgirl campaigning to make glasses acceptable….hang on to your hats, what’s the bets Alex jumps on….this girl has been at it since she was 9 though and apparently she wrote to Disney which directly influenced a character in Encanto wearing specs….not sure she can beat that 😂

I must be living on another planet or something but do glasses really need a campaign to make them acceptable? Surely the days when people felt it was somehow shameful to wear glasses are long gone?

Reactions: 9
I must be living on another planet or something but do glasses really need a campaign to make them acceptable? Surely the days when people felt it was somehow shameful to wear glasses are long gone?
Exactly- I’ve never been aware that they were ‘unacceptable’ or shameful. If anything I remember there being a stage at secondary school when it seemed that it was actually very fashionable to have a pair of glasses and suddenly everyone seemed to have them!

Reactions: 5
I can appreciate it for children, when I was 11 and got told I needed glasses I was pretty upset. But, needing to be able to walk in a straight line and all, I got over it.
For Alex it’s just the most pathetic first world problem. Imagine being able to afford eye care and doctors and maybe even a designer pair of glasses and worrying about whether they’re cool enough.

Reactions: 9
I think she was trying to make the glasses campaign nonsense ‘her thing’.
Come to think of it though I don’t think she’s done any of her copy & paste glasses Friday things for a few weeks now. Hopefully she’s let it die it’s natural death and won’t try to resurrect it.

Reactions: 6
I do love a candle but tend to buy higher end ones (I think) they last longer and have less nasties in them. I cannot (actually I can) believe how cheap Alex is, suggesting taking cheap crappy candles to a dinner party 🙈 Take a decent bottle of wine like a normal person!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.