The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #6 Secret Tory, who hates the BBC, easy to be Frugal when everything is free.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We never light candles either. I don’t like 99% of home fragrances and we’ve got a fire.

Reactions: 3
I think she was trying to make the glasses campaign nonsense ‘her thing’.
Come to think of it though I don’t think she’s done any of her copy & paste glasses Friday things for a few weeks now. Hopefully she’s let it die it’s natural death and won’t try to resurrect it.
i think she was grafting for free glasses. After all her Friday nonsense she was gifted a few pairs. Tsk

Reactions: 2
And now she’s back on the glasses trying blot get back on the most useless bandwagon ever

Reactions: 1
Spa Day, her mum does her order packing for her, grandparents have the kids this weekend - she’s been rushed off her feet this week & full deserves her spa day and child free weekend!!

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Do they keep on painting the same rooms over and over again?

Are they even grown ups? Their parents buy the house, pay for their kid’s private education, help with ‘business’ and also take the kids away for weekends.

I honestly can’t relate to any of her content despite being the same age and living in the same area with two kids of the same age. She is so unbelievably privileged. Whatever’s next?

Reactions: 10
Did ‘paint bin storage’ really need to be written on a list, when that’s the only thing on the to do list! Ok so that’s a mad 1 hour job, or will she be painting it with a fine art brush and take 6 months like the bloody fence!?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why on earth would you paint your bin storage when the front of the house should be prioritised first

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's easy to make money from your 'old' clothes when they've all been gifted

Reactions: 9
Sell some bits and bobs and you'll be able to fund a holiday? Seriously? This false narrative has really pissed me off this morning.

Reactions: 13
It's easy to make money from your 'old' clothes when they've all been gifted
Exactly! So disingenuous - and don’t get me started on the toes hanging over the edge of the sandals. Why are all her shoes too small?!

The thing is.. selling stuff requires a big investment of time. I have tonnes of kids stuff - good brands and great quality - but listing them, dealing with enquiries and then posting them takes time which I don’t have. She on the other hand clearly has insane amount of free time on her hands by shipping the kids to her parents for the whole weekend.

Reactions: 9
Do they keep on painting the same rooms over and over again?

Are they even grown ups? Their parents buy the house, pay for their kid’s private education, help with ‘business’ and also take the kids away for weekends.

I honestly can’t relate to any of her content despite being the same age and living in the same area with two kids of the same age. She is so unbelievably privileged. Whatever’s next?
Bit in bold for thread title 😂 it just sums her up really!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sell some bits and bobs and you'll be able to fund a holiday? Seriously? This false narrative has really pissed me off this morning.
It will be in her mind because she doesn’t either pay or pay full price for anything so a holiday probably costs her the price of a couple of bags of crisps and a croissant

I see she has mentioned the girl on the glasses crusade in her Friday roundup…after I mentioned it here! Hiya Alex 👋🏻 giving you the free content there

She’s also grifting for more free specs….please leave those hideous things on the shelf where they belong Alex

1st try of vegan chocolate?! Doesn’t she realise most dark chocolate is vegan 😂

she’s grinding my gears today….so much to catch up on 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
The thing is.. selling stuff requires a big investment of time. I have tonnes of kids stuff - good brands and great quality - but listing them, dealing with enquiries and then posting them takes time which I don’t have. She on the other hand clearly has insane amount of free time on her hands by shipping the kids to her parents for the whole weekend.

Yes to this. I generally give it to charity but thought last month I’d give a go to vinterd.

Time spent: a lot and in total I must have got 20 quid for quite a few items (leggings bundled, 2 kids coats, 3 boys jeans).
The prices have to be so low in order to sell that you really make such a little profit.
Not to mentioned that there are a lot of ppl that can scam by saying the package was damaged and the item too.
I am not sure I’ll do it again so my double extension will have to wait 🤣🤣

• Haha
Yes to this. I generally give it to charity but thought last month I’d give a go to vinterd.

Time spent: a lot and in total I must have got 20 quid for quite a few items (leggings bundled, 2 kids coats, 3 boys jeans).
The prices have to be so low in order to sell that you really make such a little profit.
Not to mentioned that there are a lot of ppl that can scam by saying the package was damaged and the item too.
I am not sure I’ll do it again so my double extension will have to wait 🤣🤣
Yeah it’s the scammers that worry me the most. What happens if it’s ‘lost’ or ‘damaged’? Do you lose all the money?

Reactions: 4
I still use eBay for higher priced items, otherwise it goes to charity - I’d rather give it away to a good cause than sell it to someone for pennies.

Yeah it’s the scammers that worry me the most. What happens if it’s ‘lost’ or ‘damaged’? Do you lose all the money?
Basically yes. They usually err on the side of the buyer. You can try to arrange a return if it’s damaged but have to decide if it’s worth the hassle. You’d need to literally take detailed photos of every item just in case. People also want stuff for pennies. It’s the modern day equivalent of a car boot sale 😂

I still use eBay for higher priced items, otherwise it goes to charity - I’d rather give it away to a good cause than sell it to someone for pennies.
I’m the same. I’d rather a charity gets a donation that having all the hassle for 50p

This is my experience. Selling old stuff online is so pain in the ass, unless is a high ticket item. You get enquiries, and when you finally agreed on a sale, people failed to turn up.

Reactions: 6
To be fair to Alex, pre-kid I used to regularly sell old clothes etc on eBay and let the money accumulate in my PayPal account but it does take dedication - my rule would be 10 items going up every week and after about three months, I would have enough for a decent contribution towards a holiday but it’s a lot of work and I can’t imagine her putting that in these days.

These days, I definitely do not have the energy. Our local charity shops do very well out of me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.