The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She managed to buy a substantial family home in London by frugally eating leftovers, I’ll have you know 🤣 It’s probably macaroni til Easter.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She looks like a bag lady. i don’t mind most of the pieces individually (except the ridiculous balaclava), but she just looks like a vagrant with it all on at once.

Entertained at Peggy changing her ´favourite meal’ from macaroni cheese on Christmas Day. I mean that’s what we eat when we can’t be arsed, not for a celebration, how depressing (and I love it usually).

Also fascinated at the size of box they use to ship matchboxes and meal planners, insane.

Reactions: 12
Why would anyone even want to go out dressed like that?? Just Alex, going to make a point today - let’s throw on a polo neck, now add a random dress, need a pair of leggings, oops, forgot to add a sleeveless jumper. Anything else - gloves, bag, boots and balaclava. That’s me dressed - meets the brief of unflattering. And I’ve a portion of the 12 portion Christmas Mac cheese for dinner today. Well done me. That‘ll show them.

Reactions: 10
She looks like a bag lady. i don’t mind most of the pieces individually (except the ridiculous balaclava), but she just looks like a vagrant with it all on at once.

Entertained at Peggy changing her ´favourite meal’ from macaroni cheese on Christmas Day. I mean that’s what we eat when we can’t be arsed, not for a celebration, how depressing (and I love it usually).

Also fascinated at the size of box they use to ship matchboxes and meal planners, insane.
It’s how I imagine she behaves at the check in desk when they tell her her baggage is overweight and she has to pay or empty some out

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why would anyone even want to go out dressed like that?? Just Alex, going to make a point today - let’s throw on a polo neck, now add a random dress, need a pair of leggings, oops, forgot to add a sleeveless jumper. Anything else - gloves, bag, boots and balaclava. That’s me dressed - meets the brief of unflattering. And I’ve a portion of the 12 portion Christmas Mac cheese for dinner today. Well done me. That‘ll show them.
I just don’t really understand what the point of her account is any more? I used to follow her to get style ideas and outfit inspiration and her blog genuinely did help me out of a style rut, post-pregnancy.

I would never look to her for ideas now. Nothing wrong with wearing clothes that not everybody would consider flattering - wear what you like! I’m currently wearing a very unflattering outfit; in fact I spend quite a lot of my life wearing unflattering outfits. But I would never post them on Instagram - what would be the point in that? I just get on with my life, sometimes not particularly well-dressed!

Honestly though, fashion and/or style was the reason she got so many followers in the first place, the thing she was actually good at. I never followed her for money-saving tips; none of the lifestyle stuff was remotely relatable to me. And there are hundreds of people that do food or interiors better than her.

If she’s purposefully abandoned personal style as the focus of her account then I can’t see the point to her as an influencer.

Reactions: 12
Back in the day she was very relatable and had an eye for fashion styling but that ship has long set sail. I’ve said it before. Alex is clearly bored now with fashion, clothes and styling - she is just not interested but unfortunately for her, it’s what she needs to do to generate an income so she has to play at it in a I don’t care what or how I wear it sort of approach but you know, I’m still the expert at it all, I’m cool, I’m unique, I’m edgy.

Reactions: 9
Back in the day she was very relatable and had an eye for fashion styling but that ship has long set sail. I’ve said it before. Alex is clearly bored now with fashion, clothes and styling - she is just not interested but unfortunately for her, it’s what she needs to do to generate an income so she has to play at it in a I don’t care what or how I wear it sort of approach but you know, I’m still the expert at it all, I’m cool, I’m unique, I’m edgy.

Absolutely this! But anyone can throw any old combo on and look like a bag lady - it’s not hard! I look to Instagram for ideas to help me look less like a bag lady!

Reactions: 8
Agree with all the giving up / bag lady sentiments but realised what it all reminds me of - has anyone seen the film I Heart Huckabees?! How Naomi Watts is like model/brand clothes horse then has an existential crisis and gives up and starts wearing all sorts of mad and frumpy tit and dungarees and a bonnet and stops washing?!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Find that reel repulsive tbqh. Aside from the obvious that no one needs that many reusable bags/totes/shoppers - it must be really unpleasant to live with so much utter tit hanging around!

Reactions: 8
Is she buying them or just being 'kindly gifted'? I do find the a big super market shopper useful but who needs more than one.

... they are probably getting their shopping delivered anyway.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.