The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was forced to spend £1 on a large fabric tote at John Lewis the other day (I’d taken a bag for life but it wasn’t big enough for what I bought). Can’t imagine voluntarily buying 15 of the things. Especially can’t imagine my husband willingly being filmed for Instagram listening to me explain why I bought each of them 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Maybe she never had a true natural eye for fashion, she just fed off those she was around at Red.
Perhaps she just had the means to buy nice things? Most people could look look bloody amazing if they could spaff a load of £ and had time to trawl the shops and websites to find great “pieces”.

Reactions: 4
I was forced to spend £1 on a large fabric tote at John Lewis the other day (I’d taken a bag for life but it wasn’t big enough for what I bought). Can’t imagine voluntarily buying 15 of the things. Especially can’t imagine my husband willingly being filmed for Instagram listening to me explain why I bought each of them 😭
They’re all freebies, she didn’t pay for any of them!

Reactions: 3
It’s easy enough to accumulate those sort of bags over time and a few supermarket bags are necessary, one or two others may be useful but who actually needs or wants a stash of them. I get rid of mine by filling them with clothes for charity shop donations.

I can’t imagine my life having the space to be so invested in reusable shopper bags that I’d find it hard to get rid of them, let alone having the interest or inclination to have a conversation about the merits of each one with my husband, though Chris looked bored with the whole thing.

Riveting content altogether this week.

Just in case anyone else periodically breeds a Bag for Life litter, food banks absolutely love them as donations.

Reactions: 14
Just in case anyone else periodically breeds a Bag for Life litter, food banks absolutely love them as donations.
I had no idea! That’s useful to know.

I wonder if Alex’s love of BFL stems from her time at Red? When I subscribed to it years ago they were giving them away as freebies almost every other month.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The pair of them have had 2+ weeks off ‘work’ over Christmas and they come back with this BS - the dreadful ‘outfit’ post and this rubbish attempt at humour/relatability.
Does Dopes just go along with these ideas (the way he comes across is like a bit of a doormat) or is he in fact the instigator?!
Either way it’s all rubbish and of value to no-one. They both need to get a proper job and some self respect.

Reactions: 10
Perhaps she just had the means to buy nice things? Most people could look look bloody amazing if they could spaff a load of £ and had time to trawl the shops and websites to find great “pieces”.
I seem to recall her saying she was paid something stupid like £25k at Red and let's be honest she has the means to buy nice things now & she is gifted nice items from Sézane. She just has little style!

She gets thousands per paid ad she has money but dresses like a twit for the gram and/or is just a lazy ass in general.

Reactions: 3
I seem to recall her saying she was paid something stupid like £25k at Red and let's be honest she has the means to buy nice things now & she is gifted nice items from Sézane. She just has little style!

She gets thousands per paid ad she has money but dresses like a twit for the gram and/or is just a lazy ass in general.
Yes but then she went freelance and I know for a fact (as we once hired her for an advertising shoot) she was on a lot! I can’t remember the amount but I was shocked

Exactly @influencerbore she is always been not truthful on her income, family wealth and family financial help.
I've said it a million times The Frugality was all about pack lunches & left overs instead of buying lunch to save to buy a Bella Freud £280 jumper she's literally evolved to I don't buy sourdough to afford my long haul holidays & a near £1m house with a secret extension and people still fall for her tit.

Reactions: 12
Does Dopes just go along with these ideas (the way he comes across is like a bit of a doormat) or is he in fact the instigator?!
Dopey was told Alex is frantically busy and simply can’t carry the huge workload alone any longer.

Therefore he must pull his weight and feature in the humorous skits, not just be a silent partner behind the scenes.

I wonder if Old Dopes is working his way towards getting dressed on camera to further inspire The Frugality's audience?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I really liked the coat so went to have a look, £199, sorry I mean it costs the same as I can sell a 7year old coat for.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
In fairness, it’s a lovely coat and she will get years of wear out of it. The colour really suits her, I think.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.