The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What happened? Enlighten us, blocked souls!
Greasy brown stain from dropping meatballs or something on it. It's mainly cream with some red stripes so really shows up.
We got new sofas over a year ago, cost a fortune to us, noones allowed to eat or drink anywhere near them still. She ruined hers in 24hours, just shows how little she values it.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I really like the re-upholstered sofa, though when I saw it I thought it was a very impractical choice of fabric a young family if the sofa was to be used every day. The Red was much more practical and actually suited the room better.

It’s actually disappointing to see it stained within a day with a so what attitude. Look after your belongings, eat your meals at the kitchen table, if you must eat on the Sofa, chuck a throw or towel over it first. Much easier to do that than trying to scrub out stains. It’s not being OTT or precious - it’s just common sense if you pay XX for something and want to to last for years, you look after it. Or buy something more suited to your needs.

Reactions: 17
I really like the re-upholstered sofa, though when I saw it I thought it was a very impractical choice of fabric a young family if the sofa was to be used every day. The Red was much more practical and actually suited the room better.

It’s actually disappointing to see it stained within a day with a so what attitude. Look after your belongings, eat your meals at the kitchen table, if you must eat on the Sofa, chuck a throw or towel over it first. Much easier to do that than trying to scrub out stains. It’s not being OTT or precious - it’s just common sense if you pay XX for something and want to to last for years, you look after it. Or buy something more suited to your needs.
Well said. If I had saved really hard for something like reupholstered sofas, I’d certainly use a bloody throw. We have modern day Stable Table trays for sofa dinners from Bosign - not super cheap but sufficiently “chic”.
---
Obviously Skin and Me/Dermatica/Caudalie/any of the other brands she swears she uses every day didn’t sponsor this post. Elemis is hardly a frugal (or effective) choice either. Maybe you could buy your family some sourdough and forgo the £50 cleanser Alex? Reckon it’s about about 10 loaves at Gail’s…

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
No shampoo on Chris’s shelf??

Surely instead of taking a photo of the stain on the couch, Alex could’ve tried to clean it? That’s what I’ve done in the past. Less chance of a stain if you address the spill immediately. But that’s presuming she has cleaning products in her house…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
If you know you're a spiller (🙋‍♀️) you need removable covers and a pattern that doesn't show the stains.

Don't worry guys, they've gone through loads of sofas over the last few years I'm sure they'll bring another #kindlygifted one in soon. Wonder what unnecessary sponsored slow-painting we'll be treated to this year. This content is free don't you know?

Reactions: 9
Well said. If I had saved really hard for something like reupholstered sofas, I’d certainly use a bloody throw. We have modern day Stable Table trays for sofa dinners from Bosign - not super cheap but sufficiently “chic”.
---
Obviously Skin and Me/Dermatica/Caudalie/any of the other brands she swears she uses every day didn’t sponsor this post. Elemis is hardly a frugal (or effective) choice either. Maybe you could buy your family some sourdough and forgo the £50 cleanser Alex? Reckon it’s about about 10 loaves at Gail’s…
Bet there's a bag-for-life-full of other expensive stuff that she's swept off the shelf before the photo...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would be absolutely mortified if my newly reupholstered sofa was stained literally days after getting it back, I really would be.

Particularly if I’d denied myself sourdough for the last year in order to fund it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Am I the only one who thought the alcove looked better before the wallpaper?
---
(Not the pre-renovation look of course, but when it was painted white with the dark wood!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Usually a lurker (hi!) but that skincare cupboard really explains why she struggles so much to pay for sourdough..

I was feeling petty enough to tally it up and even without the micellar water and the silver tube those products are around £237 🙃 The Kiehl's eye serum alone is £46. So frugal!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Imagine giving your kids tinned meatballs in order to keep the food shop price low and buying yourself an eye cream worth £46!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Imagine giving your family mac and cheese for Christmas dinner while you’ve got a sofa out for reupholstering and there’s scaffolding outside your window.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Ah she’s pacing herself by “easing” into January. It’s a hard life for Alex, maybe she was exhausted after going to the post office 3 times in December.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She’s having five guys take away tonight.
I had it few weeks ago and paid 42 quid with delivery and all that for 2 burgers and 2 fries.
Very frugal

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I had it few weeks ago and paid 42 quid with delivery and all that for 2 burgers and 2 fries.
Very frugal
I see she’s also watching traitors, isn’t that a bbc programme, one which you’d require a tv licence for?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Very frugal
Was there a fleece on the sofa to protect it from the takeaway or were they on another sofa?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Did she actually show the stain as visibly on the sofa? I can't remember now. I've got a feeling it was a close up shot, wonder if it was on a fabric scrap for 'relateability'

The tote bag thing bothered me enough to make a realisation click - her whole thing last year about her bad back… surely her Pilates instructor/doctor/mum/common sense has pointed out that single shoulder/hand held tote bags are terrible for your back? Maybe ‘styling backpacks’ can be a new chic style angle for her…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.