Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

skyehigh

Chatty Member
Let's face it, the line between when Alex is busy working and when Alex is taking a day off is basically non existent.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Dizzy

VIP Member
Recent thoughts on our favourite frugal bullshitter:

Nice coat, terrible jeans (proof that French tuck's don't suit every body shape).
Move over Emily Pankhurst - Alex dressing like a bag lady is the only feminist icon we need.
Pleading poverty whilst living in a £800k house and twatting around on instagram for a few hours a week will never not be mindblowing.
Please get your sinuses sorted.
Suggested new year resolution for Dopey: wash your fucking hair.
I didn't hate the tote reel (I know I know).

• Haha
Reactions: 12

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
How can anyone praise her in the comments on her post for putting together those ‘outfits’, there is nothing stylish/fashionable/edgy/chic/wearable about any of them, there are a mish mash of clothes and very few would actually go out their front door dressed like that.

All this crap about finding five ways to wear that skirt - she hasn‘t even managed to find one way that looks in any way good. Her forte for styling has sadly gone.
---
In one of the comments, someone has said it’s a beachy skirt that belongs in the summer holiday wardrobe - her reply was that, that’s the point we need to think about making our outfits last longer and not for the beach, for evening, etc.

Why do we need to though, what’s wrong with having hot weather clothes that we wear during hot weather, or heavy clothing that is suited to winter only. If we wear them for several seasons of summer or winter, does it matter. What’s wrong with having a pair of trousers that we only have one or two tops we wear with them, as long as they are regularly worn.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11

raaraat

The glasses grift has finally paid off and she’s scored a partnership with spec savers. God she’s canny.

• Wow

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
I shudder to think of Alex’s awful ‘Frugal Guide’ to Manchester. It’s my home town and I don’t want her dragging it down 😭

Though I am tempted to send her some anti-recommendations for laughs.

• Haha
£50 a year or £5 a month to be a subscriber and receive ‘styling chat and an essay why she let go of the frugality’ you’re ok thanks Alex love 😂 none of us need to be paying for any of that

• Haha

gollygally

Nice to see our Alex getting a new pair of cos trousers few days ago and today popping to H&M. No rest for our busy working mum

• Haha

BillieR

Chatty Member
View attachment 2611025
wtf! Why does she have butter on tiger bread to dip into Camembert 🤮 a lovely crusty bread is all you need, not butter as well!
This is why she has terrible bloated skin
This is very dramatic 😂
It might not be the best combo of food but adding a bit of butter to her bread with cheese isn't the sole cause of her puffiness, lol. Nobody here ever eat a cheese butty?

• Haha

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
She managed to buy a substantial family home in London by frugally eating leftovers, I’ll have you know 🤣 It’s probably macaroni til Easter.

• Haha

MeWithTheHair

Haha other than the very blatant nod to all our spot on comments about those outfits in that reel, the bathroom one is hilarious because:

What Very Busy Person repaints a bathroom because of 1 cabinet (!)

And…
Someone on here fully predicted she’d dive head first into sostrene grene and I love that you called it (or maybe even caused it) hahaaaa!!

• Haha

uberoblique

Chatty Member
To be fair both of them can draw down a salary of £99,999 so nearly a household salary of £200k and still get 30 free hours. All perfectly legal. Less great if you have say a finance manager on £110k and a NHS nurse on £35k though who don’t qualify.

She tries sooo hard to be relatable whilst being anything but.

It is a bad outcome of UK tax policy that you aren’t better off between £99,999 and about £125k if you have a child in the 30 free hours stage.

winkler

The drivel about not being able to use a search engine - does she think it makes her relatable? It makes her sounds like an absolute moron, especially as a good 50% of her day is probably googling Tiger tat and Post Office opening hours.

• Haha