Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
I don’t get the “squee, it has pockets!” thing (see Popsy thread) and when influencers do it I just think why? Do they see something I don’t or are they just jumping on the pockets bandwagon? Stop trying to make pockets happen. Women are never going to go out and about with pockets full of phone, purse, tissues, lip balm, keys and whatever else we use our bags for. The pockets we get aren’t sturdy enough and it would ruin the line of the clothes! So what do all these people want pockets for? Who the fuck cares about pockets in pyjamas?
… and breathe. But it’s a perfect example of Alex’s inane “content” lately. So she can fuck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

MeWithTheHair

Still laughing at the stories clip where she referred to being wined and dined at a freebie night out uniqlo floggers event as “a work dinner” 😅

Fucking hell the delusion. When my husband has a work dinner it’s hard graft of wooing clients in a high stakes effort to win new business to keep the cash going in - sink or swim stuff. When I have a work dinner it means having to quickly grab something awful from my work canteen before rushing back to my desk because there’s no time for a break if I want to fit childcare in around my weekly hours.

A work dinner indeed.

Oh and look at that! A reel for the very people who invited her to that work dinner, but without any mention of it being an ad.

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Busted buying a frugal and essential baked bean :sick: Candle at Anya Hindmarch on Erica Davies’ stories. View attachment 2802389

Surprisingly this didn’t make it into Alex’s own story.
And what looks like a new Anya bag alongside the green one on her arm. All freebies which she'll no doubt lap up but she puts in kids in falling apart second hand shoes, gives shitty £2 candles as presents and recycles water. WHAT. THE. ACTUAL. FUCK.

• Heart

AutumnDays

Chatty Member
Something about the way she always writes (free) instead of, you know, just free makes me so irrationally angry.

I can see why she writes it as she’s competing with other people charging £5pm for their barrel scraping substacks I wonder if she’s considered charging and then realised barely anyone would pay for her ‘hard work’?
I couldn’t see anyone paying for access to her newsletters. At the end of the day, the newsletter and her blog are a platform for selling and engagement which enables her to be paid by brands for promoting their products. It also serves as a platform to include shopping pages/pay day treats, etc where she includes links to get affiliate payments.

She is producing the newsletter for her own financial benefit, not as a service to her followers. Soon she will be producing her Christmas gift guides and saying she is producing them early for people who want to shop early and budget but in reality it is to get us all clicking and purchasing using her affiliate links ahead of other influencers doing the same.

• Heart

Tigerwhocametotea

Sorry to barge in - I usually lurk here but can’t help myself. I own that dress, and it was about £30 just before lockdown was announced in 2020, so very frugal. I’ve worn it loads with eg DM boots and tights, or bare legs and trainers, and I’m sure I will be in it again once it warms up a bit. But really, black tie? No.

winkler

Definitely this ⬆ .
Any questions about it will elicit a narky “you don’t see everything on these little squares” or “we are entitled to some pRivACy 🙄 “.
Conveniently forgetting that they’ll flog every last (crisp) crumb of their home and personal life when it suits them…

Dizzy

VIP Member
Our Alex has always been very keen to let everyone know how much she gives to charity 🙄

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
Busted buying a frugal and essential baked bean :sick: Candle at Anya Hindmarch on Erica Davies’ stories.
86C8DF1C-50BE-4AE9-94E7-97A920D7997D.png

Surprisingly this didn’t make it into Alex’s own story.

• Haha
  • Sick

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
I keep rereading this but can’t make it make sense.

She’s gone there for a sneak peak.
Allowed in for exclusive access.
Shares photos enticing her followers to visit and buy.

But this is not part of her ‘working’ for TK Maxx.

It REALLY REALLY IS though, right?!
Man alive. To live in such blissful ignorance (or being knowingly deceptive?!)
Omg my pet hate… sneak PEEK!!! A PEAK is a fucking mountain!!!! Fuck off 🤬

• Haha
  • Heart

influencerbore

VIP Member
Ugh glasses are not new, no one gives a shit if you wear them or not. Stop trying to create this weird narrative to flog specsavers glasses!
I’m glad she’s dropping the frugal lie, maybe she can buy her kids some new clothes, she seems to be able to buy herself enough!

uberoblique

Chatty Member
The Israel/Palestine issue has so many layers and in public discourse it’s nigh on impossible to hold contradictory views - it’s possible to think that Israel has a right to exist, whilst loathing Netanyahu and grieving for the Gazans that are stuck in a hellhole, for example, but you can’t express that publicly. If you stick to one side you have the other screaming for your blood. It’s impossible.

The clever people people who run the world can’t solve it and have struggled to do so for 70 years so Millie from Southampton who reviews nailpolish (let alone Alex and Dozy) have got nothing.

I like Africa but find her quite contradictory, we give Alex grief for banging on about her “free content” but Africa is similarly very happy to bang on about how grateful you should be for her content.

Reactions: 12

Libertine

VIP Member
F****** pockets. It isn’t a personality trait. Pyjamas need a comfy waistband and to not get you too hot/cold. Both of which are entirely personal.

What else can she research? Which shirts have the flappiest collars?
Kate (WearsMyMoney) has cornered the best undies and pop socks markets (particularly when it’s an advantageous time for Amazon affiliate link cookies). Alex, of course, isn’t interested in bra content. 🤔

There seems to be gaps in the market for emery board recommendations, best in class tampons and top ten lingerie wash bags.

There’s a good month’s work, Alex! Chop chop!
---
How could I forget best frugal haemorrhoid cream?!

That list could now keep Alex super busy until Easter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Every time she says they “saved up” it riles me. I think she means “we waited until we had enough money in our savings to feel comfortable spending £000s on refurbishing a sofa” but the words give the impression that they put a little bit aside each month until they could afford to do it. Semantics I suppose, but irritating. Does anyone get what I mean?
I get the same eye roll but not sure if it’s for the same reason - it just feels so self pitying and a bit like she’s cosplaying some Dickensian peasant ala Jack Monroe? Like she makes such an ordeal justifying her day to day purchases whilst not addressing the mammoth elephant in the room of how they afford their lifestyle on a single income.

Also has anyone else’s nursery increased fees as a result of the new additional funding stuff? So glad Alex gets her 30 free hours though, heaven forbid we had an equitable system that prevented her buying £400 coats!

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
I await the first newsletter of the new year which will no doubt be about how stressful it was for #busyworkingmum Alex to spend two whole weeks looking after her own kids. No doubt she and Dopes will need a childfree midwinter break to recover!

CausticYoda

She looks like a bag lady. i don’t mind most of the pieces individually (except the ridiculous balaclava), but she just looks like a vagrant with it all on at once.

Entertained at Peggy changing her ´favourite meal’ from macaroni cheese on Christmas Day. I mean that’s what we eat when we can’t be arsed, not for a celebration, how depressing (and I love it usually).

Also fascinated at the size of box they use to ship matchboxes and meal planners, insane.