Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Sometimes it’s ok to drop the 5 days thing if you’ve got an event to go to. I don’t even know what this outfit is.
IMG_1068.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 12

Sarah123456789

Chatty Member
Yeh but she didn’t need to say anything - just sell and donate to charity! She doesn’t need to post it at all! I’ve taken a bag to my charity shop this week and not posted it on SM 😂

nogoodusernamesleft

Chatty Member
Alex’s newsletter is so low effort and trite.

Erica Davies has a new newsletter too which is far better ‘value’ and wider-ranging for a free newsletter. She also explains how she had chosen the items she features much better - Alex rather has the tone of ‘here are three things I saw as I gallumphed through shops’.

I may have reached the point that I’m not even wanting to give Alex a snark follow.

She’ll be back today I bet with a roundup of her Mac and cheese, trips to coal drips yard and pictures of Cato in a dress and shoes that look fit for the bin, saying how nice it is to have had a break as they work so hard

• Haha

Dizzy

VIP Member
Erm hang on wasn’t she slagging specsavers off a while ago because they were promoting contact lenses and everyone should wear ugly glasses like Alex!
I’d say I won’t be buying from specsavers again but I haven’t for years as there frames are naff and I prefer to buy from my local opticians
This! Fucking this! She was proper snarky with her comments about how they shouldn't promote contact lenses and yet here we fucking are! And yes, Specsavers are shit for frames. Can thoroughly recommend Firmoo, an online company - loads of good frames, super helpful customer service, half the price (not an #ad)

influencerbore

VIP Member
Isn’t the basis of her challenge to to wear an item for 5 days without washing it? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? What was all the spritzing about then??
I think the whole premise is because she now calls herself an ‘outfit repeater’ so basically what every single other person on earth does 🤣 not sure why she is so obsessed with this ‘challenge’!
A challenge to me would be, I don’t know, not using the car for a week, or not eating out for a month, or even biking to Paris to raise money for a cancer charity. But for little Alex it’s wearing something for 5 days in a row…..revolutionary 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

BillieR

Chatty Member
I also wonder what justification she will provide for dropping "the Frugality" when we all know its down to us and some of her followers pointing out:
- fundamental flaws in relation to some of her "frugal tips" (think TV licence post and "weekly" food shop receipt)
And
- how her huge consumption and spending habits totally misalign with her brand

• Heart

SagaNoren

Why would anyone even want to go out dressed like that?? Just Alex, going to make a point today - let’s throw on a polo neck, now add a random dress, need a pair of leggings, oops, forgot to add a sleeveless jumper. Anything else - gloves, bag, boots and balaclava. That’s me dressed - meets the brief of unflattering. And I’ve a portion of the 12 portion Christmas Mac cheese for dinner today. Well done me. That‘ll show them.
I just don’t really understand what the point of her account is any more? I used to follow her to get style ideas and outfit inspiration and her blog genuinely did help me out of a style rut, post-pregnancy.

I would never look to her for ideas now. Nothing wrong with wearing clothes that not everybody would consider flattering - wear what you like! I’m currently wearing a very unflattering outfit; in fact I spend quite a lot of my life wearing unflattering outfits. But I would never post them on Instagram - what would be the point in that? I just get on with my life, sometimes not particularly well-dressed!

Honestly though, fashion and/or style was the reason she got so many followers in the first place, the thing she was actually good at. I never followed her for money-saving tips; none of the lifestyle stuff was remotely relatable to me. And there are hundreds of people that do food or interiors better than her.

If she’s purposefully abandoned personal style as the focus of her account then I can’t see the point to her as an influencer.

Usually a lurker (hi!) but that skincare cupboard really explains why she struggles so much to pay for sourdough..

I was feeling petty enough to tally it up and even without the micellar water and the silver tube those products are around £237 🙃 The Kiehl's eye serum alone is £46. So frugal!

• Wow

CornedBeefHashtag

SO bloody performative and out of touch. It reads like a parody account at this point. Her self awareness is zero.

I’ve always got the same that she doesn’t actually have too many friends. Seems to make sense as it’s baffling that no-one is having a quiet word in her ear about just how dickish she comes across.

influencerbore

VIP Member
Erm hang on wasn’t she slagging specsavers off a while ago because they were promoting contact lenses and everyone should wear ugly glasses like Alex!
I’d say I won’t be buying from specsavers again but I haven’t for years as there frames are naff and I prefer to buy from my local opticians

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Also, The Rue seems a fairly uninspiring name. No doubt her paid subscribers will Rue the day they ever forked out £50 for monthly nonsense from her!

• Haha
Doesn’t want to use her Vinted account as doesn’t want people knowing her address…Alex love you’ve put so much online it’s pretty easy to find your address and we all know you want to keep it private so you can sell all your freebies and dodge the taxman

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
Ah she’s pacing herself by “easing” into January. It’s a hard life for Alex, maybe she was exhausted after going to the post office 3 times in December.

• Haha

AllTheGinJoints

VIP Member
View attachment 2773203
cheap bitch would prefer to spend money on stupid iron on patches than just buying new trousers for the kids. Make it make sense alex, that iron on patch is £3.50, you can get new leggings for £2 in primark
Oh but she’s weaning herself off fast fashion, according to her latest feel. So no more H&M for her. Who wants to tell her that one of her faves, Cos, is also owned by H&M??

• Haha

winkler

All the influencers be like "I've had so many messages asking how I..." and it's always the most mundane/unlikely shit such as "How I do my hair/makeup/organise my knicker drawer..."

I call BS! I cannot in a million years imagine someone contacting her for hair styling advice. It almost always means they are winding up towards some sort of ad or paid promo.

• Heart
  • Haha
Exactly @influencerbore she is always been not truthful on her income, family wealth and family financial help.
I've said it a million times The Frugality was all about pack lunches & left overs instead of buying lunch to save to buy a Bella Freud £280 jumper she's literally evolved to I don't buy sourdough to afford my long haul holidays & a near £1m house with a secret extension and people still fall for her shit.