The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m watching the junior bake-off with my child and every time I see Harry Hill I think of that ridiculous comment by Alex’s mum, and imagine poor, oppressed, bespectacled Alex being chased down the street by schoolkids calling her Harry!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m watching the junior bake-off with my child and every time I see Harry Hill I think of that ridiculous comment by Alex’s mum, and imagine poor, oppressed, bespectacled Alex being chased down the street by schoolkids calling her Harry!
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger!!
That’s probably why she’s so resilient and hard working that can do a post office drop off before catching the train!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The combination of your comment and photo create a striking image of Alex and her chins fleeing the nasty children :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Do we think our frugal queen went on a ski holiday?
Love how she slowed down in early dec and still is not back! Working 100 mph as always

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She’ll be back today I bet with a roundup of her Mac and cheese, trips to coal drips yard and pictures of Cato in a dress and shoes that look fit for the bin, saying how nice it is to have had a break as they work so hard

• Haha
Reactions: 12
And the announcement that they’re going to have more money this year as Cato qualifies for the 30 hours free childcare! Will they buy a secret second house?
---
Oh, and the kids didn’t eat the festive mac and cheese. Presumably because they have it (or something equally beige) every other day of the year!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
And the announcement that they’re going to have more money this year as Cato qualifies for the 30 hours free childcare! Will they buy a secret second house?
---
Oh, and the kids didn’t eat the festive mac and cheese. Presumably because they have it (or something equally beige) every other day of the year!
wtf how does Cato qualify for 30 hours?? Is that another tax wheeze where they pay themselves a 'salary' that is under all the thresholds to max these benefits while taking in £10000s but it's profits into their company.
It's a joke.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
wtf how does Cato qualify for 30 hours?? Is that another tax wheeze where they pay themselves a 'salary' that is under all the thresholds to max these benefits while taking in £10000s but it's profits into their company.
It's a joke.
Not to defend her, but most people qualify for this. You just can’t earn more than about £100,000 per year which I doubt she does

Reactions: 4
Not to defend her, but most people qualify for this. You just can’t earn more than about £100,000 per year which I doubt she does
Most young families in a £800k house wouldn’t be eligible though, realistically, as they’d need at least one person out earning a salary in that range to fund it all. She’s able to have her lifestyle because she’s benefitted from a huge leg up on the property ladder from her dad & is now able to tax efficiently spread her income between her and slick. I think it’s disgraceful tbqh and HMRC should spend more time targeting situations like this and less time mithering over 30 Vinted sales a year tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️ and that’s not to say think of the additional rate payers give them the same, give those additional 20 hours of funding to a nurse or key worker, even the nursery practitioners ffs.

How she’s got the gall gumption and audacity to talk about that on stories is truly beyond me!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
To be fair both of them can draw down a salary of £99,999 so nearly a household salary of £200k and still get 30 free hours. All perfectly legal. Less great if you have say a finance manager on £110k and a NHS nurse on £35k though who don’t qualify.

She tries sooo hard to be relatable whilst being anything but.

It is a bad outcome of UK tax policy that you aren’t better off between £99,999 and about £125k if you have a child in the 30 free hours stage.

Reactions: 11
Never heard them mention child benefit, it would be interesting to know whether they get that or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Alex who travelled to Spain, Amsterdam, Japan, America and other UK breaks will finally have ‘more money’ next year due to 30 hours child care.

What a time to be alive

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Never heard them mention child benefit, it would be interesting to know whether they get that or not.
I think you are untaxed on it if you earn under £50k? So Alex and Dopey prob qualify as I doubt their salaries come in over that. But I’m not sure how it works with her getting paid to promote stuff or flogging freebies on Vinted as that must be a nice little source of income on the side.

Reactions: 1
Like all the grifters she won’t be declaring all the freebies or the fact that she sells them on for £££
And everything will be carefully worked out so she gets maximum from the government….shes easily earning over the threshold but her ‘salary’ won’t mirror that

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.