The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely this ⬆ .
Any questions about it will elicit a narky “you don’t see everything on these little squares” or “we are entitled to some pRivACy 🙄 “.
Conveniently forgetting that they’ll flog every last (crisp) crumb of their home and personal life when it suits them…

Reactions: 13
Nah. Alex’s reel didn’t pan any further around to the left, but the scaffolding is clearly in front of the middle pane of their bay window isn’t it?

Reactions: 3
Nah. Alex’s reel didn’t pan any further around to the left, but the scaffolding is clearly in front of the middle pane of their bay window isn’t it?
I think you’re right. If you look at the left window only then it looks like it’s from next door but if that was the case it wouldn’t be in front of Alex’s middle window too. Can’t wait to hear about this oh so frugal renovation. Though I suspect it will be similar to the California trip that she refused to acknowledge!

Reactions: 6
Because it reveals the fact that they are actually very well off and don’t really need to be frugal at all, but she’s built so much of her social media presence around frugality that she won’t give it up.
Yes, and this is really why she shouldn’t go on about saving up for this and that - from memory some ‘saving up’ from this year - trip to Japan, getting sofa reupholstered, two chairs for her dining table,etc. And still taking a holiday to Spain, a weekend in a UK caravan park, a UK holiday cottage, a solo trip to a wedding in the USA, new bed for her toddler, several new home furnishing items. She obviously has enough income so she can live comfortably and still have enough left over for all this. And whether this is minor or major work to her house, she obviously can afford it. Even getting that scaffolding erected will cost a lot.
---
And she can buy from Vinted and charity shops and recycle gifts, etc but any savings from this won’t make a huge difference really.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
---
And she can buy from Vinted and charity shops and recycle gifts, etc but any savings from this won’t make a huge difference really.
are you saying that selling things on vinted, won't make you minted? Get OUT of here

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Happy new year to all of you! Who knows what treats await us from our high priestess of frugality from tomorrow?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And the kids playing with secondhand toys or reading “diverse” books that Alex picked up from Oxfam on the way back from booking herself a long weekend in LA?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It won’t affect normal users who are just selling their old items. But it should affect influencers who are selling gifted items for a profit. Not sure I understand fully how they will identify these people, but I look forward to it happening!

Reactions: 8
It won’t affect normal users who are just selling their old items. But it should affect influencers who are selling gifted items for a profit. Not sure I understand fully how they will identify these people, but I look forward to it happening!
Believe it’s HMRC accessing bank accounts that’ll flag it. Which is something I thought they always could do, maybe this just lowers the threshold eg you don’t need to be under active investigation? With the roll out of the open banking API it’d make it easier to do it at scale/automatically 🤷🏻‍♀️

I suspect this’ll be more punitive to low income households claiming UC etc as that’s what the headline was. Alex has enough cash coming in & out of her accounts that low £hundreds on Vinted wouldn’t flag as suspicious activity above and beyond reselling her stuff. Influencers should be paying tax on gifts as they’re benefits in kind though.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.