The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of all the tight things she’s ever done, I think Mac n cheese for Christmas dinner might be the worst for me! How bleeping miserable! Meanwhile sofa is at the upholsterers…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
They really are stuck in some kind of student twilight zone and seem incapable of functioning as normal adults.
She seems to be close to her family but even they must roll their eyes at this BS.
I can’t quite decide if it’s perfomative or more a case of uselessness, but either way what she thinks is quirky and thrifty making mac & cheese (or rather MACARONI CHEESE) in actual fact is just lazy and tight.
Yes the poor kids, give them a proper roast dinner - or if that’s not your thing then steak & chips or something special - not a bloody dish that is a quick back up tea for busy week days.

Reactions: 11
Of all the tight things she’s ever done, I think Mac n cheese for Christmas dinner might be the worst for me! How bleeping miserable! Meanwhile sofa is at the upholsterers…
Yeah it’s proper miserable isn’t it! I’m not a massive fan of a Christmas dinner but the kids and my husband like it and we make it fun as the kids ‘help’.
Mac and cheese for Boxing Day 100%

Reactions: 5
Mac and cheese ffs. You don’t have to do turkey with all the trimmings but there’s other roasts that are much easier to do, or as someone said steak and chips, or even a nicer pasta dish!

Do you think Alex is the type to unwrap presents very carefully so that she can reuse the wrapping paper? We already know she reuses Christmas cards, the tightarse. My mum had a friend who’d do that and everyone would laugh at her behind her back as she came from an incredibly wealthy family and could well afford to buy cards!

Reactions: 5
I missed the wrapping paper virtue signal the first time around. Yes Alex we get it, you’re SO into diversity.
IMG_1098.jpeg

---
To be clear, I think the paper itself is great but with Alex it always comes across as 100% performative.

• Haha
Her life is so bleak.

i know we are suppose to be breathless with envy for her quirky, chic ways but the mac and cheese has finished me off.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
There’s absolutely no way she’s staying at hers for macaroni when her parents have that big gaff.

That’s so ridiculous
Please please correct me if I’m wrong as I’m not a POC but would anyone receiving this from Alex not find this weird? If Alex was to gift this to a white person it would be odd and just clearly performative, and if she was to gift it to a black person if would seem to me like she was saying “look, it’s you!” Or at the very least, “look how woke I am!” It seems to me as weird as giving a Chinese family wrapping paper with a Chinese Santa on it. Again, correct me if I’m wrong and I agree it’s good to have diversity in these things but is Alex really the target market?

Reactions: 10
I noticed when she showed a story from her front lounge that there was scaffolding outside the window - wonder if she’s getting the exterior wall of the house repointed/sorted, a new roof or maybe an attic conversion ?!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I noticed when she showed a story from her front lounge that there was scaffolding outside the window - wonder if she’s getting the exterior wall of the house repointed/sorted, a new roof or maybe an attic conversion ?!!
This kind of detective work and attention to detail is what I’m here for!

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it was a basement conversion where they add on a couple of extra stories below ground with a second kitchen, garage, pool etc. They’d probs have the money for that with all the frugality in other areas of their life.
---
This kind of detective work and attention to detail is what I’m here for!

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if it was a basement conversion where they add on a couple of extra stories below ground with a second kitchen, garage, pool etc. They’d probs have the money for that with all the frugality in other areas of their life.
Or even ‘storeys’*
*why don’t I proof-read before posting and save myself the heartache?

Last edited:
  • Haha
There’s absolutely no way she’s staying at hers for macaroni when her parents have that big gaff.
She doesn’t say that they are actually having Christmas Day at home. She’s a sneaky one is Alex, making out the four of them will be frugally sharing Macaroni Cheese on Xmas day. When that’s probably what they are doing on Xmas Eve or today.

She’ll absolutely be at her parents house.

Reactions: 6
She doesn’t say that they are actually having Christmas Day at home. She’s a sneaky one is Alex, making out the four of them will be frugally sharing Macaroni Cheese on Xmas day. When that’s probably what they are doing on Xmas Eve or today.

She’ll absolutely be at her parents house.
Don’t t worry, her sister will out her if she does go to her mums

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Her sister now has a private Instagram account. Wonder if that’s because she accidentally outed Alex last year?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Good call on the scaffolding @AutumnDays. Pic here for posterity. They already had a new roof so what else would need scaffolding? Fixing a chimney? Loft conversion?

IMG_3131.png

Reactions: 3
I wonder why she hasn’t mentioned the scaffolding/any renovations when she goes on at length about painting the bin storage or the fence or laying tiles? Aren’t renovations one of her “things”?

I wonder why she hasn’t mentioned the scaffolding/any renovations when she goes on at length about painting the bin storage or the fence or laying tiles? Aren’t renovations one of her “things”?
Because it reveals the fact that they are actually very well off and don’t really need to be frugal at all, but she’s built so much of her social media presence around frugality that she won’t give it up.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.