The Frugality/Alexandra Stedman #10 No wonder she’s absolutely minted, she’s selling her freebies on Vinted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When you say rubbish what exactly does that mean? For someone who has no idea about accounting
The law says what companies have to include in their publicly available accounts, it’s a bit odd to include more than you’re required to by law, because it makes sense that companies would want to keep figures like profit and payments to shareholders (dividends) private. I think a good accountant would recognise this and not publish the fact that the company made nearly £500k of profits and paid its shareholders £375k when it isn’t required to.

ETA: this specifically applies to “small” companies which influencers’ companies would generally be. Larger companies do have to publish profits.

Reactions: 3
The law says what companies have to include in their publicly available accounts, it’s a bit odd to include more than you’re required to by law, because it makes sense that companies would want to keep figures like profit and payments to shareholders (dividends) private. I think a good accountant would recognise this and not publish the fact that the company made nearly £500k of profits and paid its shareholders £375k when it isn’t required to.

ETA: this specifically applies to “small” companies which influencers’ companies would generally be. Larger companies do have to publish profits.
Thank you 😊 it's crackers that they earn so much for what it is they actually do. Capitalism eh 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Free newsletter:

I have also curated a bundle of cards. She’s not working in an art gallery. She picked 3 bundles.

I travelled for work. That’s debatable.

Saving costs. A baffling paragraph which will result in Aldi/Lidl mini food on smug splatterware.

Amsterdam: I grabbed my morning coffee from Wolf and just wondered aimlessly, which is so rare to do!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Alex’s latest post, she’s been ‘pushing herself’ this week….by wearing red trousers…duck me calm down Alex love, don’t overdo it there
This fully sits in the Cher in Clueless “I broke in my purple clogs” list of achievements. Wow.

As for the “travelled for work” - when the “work” is just “go, travel, it’s on us” that’s not usually what that means, is it?! Me and my OH have to travel for work quite often. To give presentations, win new business, meet clients, catch very early trains etc… Not to sound bitter, but wtf is this made up world she inhabits. I cannot wait for it to all come crashing down. What skills will she have outside of her phone/her own relentlessly redecorated house?!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Two thoughts:
1. Not that bleeping hood again
2. She’s clearly not wearing the striped polo neck so is all the 5 days wear stuff just for the ‘gram?
IMG_0934.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I keep rereading this but can’t make it make sense.

She’s gone there for a sneak peak.
Allowed in for exclusive access.
Shares photos enticing her followers to visit and buy.

But this is not part of her ‘working’ for TK Maxx.

It REALLY REALLY IS though, right?!
Man alive. To live in such blissful ignorance (or being knowingly deceptive?!)

Attachments

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Omg my pet hate… sneak PEEK!!! A PEAK is a bleeping mountain!!!! duck off 🤬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

She’s such a liar! If she wasn’t working with them then she wouldn’t be invited in! They don’t just let anyone go in the day before the shop opens to promote it! What a twit she is

Reactions: 15
It’s just embarrassing tbh. Embarrassingly desperate, embarrassingly thick, embarrassingly capitalistic?? The purpose of her visit + that pic + sharing that pic is to get people to buy buy buy. Therefore you should disclose it properly.

Idk how she doesn’t just feel grim constantly buying tat - she needs some hobbies.

Reactions: 9
Deceptive.

Alex isn’t stupid. Lazy maybe, but she knows her way around influencing. She has an email list, staff, sometimes business premises. The ASA rules are so clear even a dopey ex-actor could follow them.

I’m sorry but this is bleeping gross. A day of travelling as well. I’m at my most dirty and smelly after a day of commuting into the city and going on public transport. Unless alex has some amazing genes and so doesn’t sweat, she’s going to be so smelly. I’ve found the opposite too, when I wear any kind of wool it clings to your body and picks up bad smells so much. Surely if it absorbs the bacteria Alex it’s going to then smell bad? Why is it good or helpful to be encouraging people not to wash??

IMG_2612.jpeg

• Sick
She’s not wearing it for 5 days. Alex has spent less than an hour filming 5 outfits, which has given her 5 days of ‘content’.

A better influencer would have thought through wearing a base layer for this, and the comments. I don’t think Alex cares tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't know why she is so proud of this non-washing thing. Yes of course it's good to only wash your clothes when needed but 5 days in the same top - it's gonna need a quick swill!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.