The Frugality #4 I spy with my little eye a secret second storey reaching up to the sky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An empire constructed with… matches. 🥴
There’s a saying, right? “Fire catches, so don’t play with matches” - a flimsy career made of flimsy flammable slave-labour-made clothing could easily go up in smoke. Heh.
These outfits, recently - so drab and almost like ironically normcore?! And trying to own it by heavily explaining that she’s “embracing her more plain clothes” - honey, they’re ALL plain and mumsy! Classic, sure, but not remotely chic or interesting or thoughtfully sourced for someone who considers themselves a stylist of sorts

What’s the shirt half tucked half untucked thing? Is that actually a thing?! Maybe I’m not chic enough to get it…

Reactions: 4
Can’t believe that this is a sentence I’m reading written by an adult on their monetised/professional blog. How is she not embarrassed?

6FD83F88-6FF5-41B9-8A18-E7136ECE16E3.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Can’t believe that this is a sentence I’m reading written by an adult on their monetised/professional blog. How is she not embarrassed?

View attachment 1199137
like…Alex…ikea sheet?

We changed our bed from double to King. And got our sheet from HM and IKEA.

What surprised me the most is the fact that she is trying so hard to keep up with her rich mates. Why splash money on frames and prints when you don’t even have spare to buy bedsheets?
Linen is pretty and trendy, but if you couldn’t afford linen then get something affordable.

This woman acts like she is better than high street bed sheets, but mate, you literally eat canned food. 🤮

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
like…Alex…ikea sheet?

We changed our bed from double to King. And got our sheet from HM and IKEA.

What surprised me the most is the fact that she is trying so hard to keep up with her rich mates. Why splash money on frames and prints when you don’t even have spare to buy bedsheets?
Linen is pretty and trendy, but if you couldn’t afford linen then get something affordable.

This woman acts like she is better than high street bed sheets, but mate, you literally eat canned food. 🤮
All of this just constantly points to the fact her husband needs to get a job to bring a second income in? Like I’m sure splitting her income through a Ltd company is v favourable tax wise and I have no doubt they’ll be claiming all the nursery freebies under the sun, but they’re not even able to cover the basics as is? Like how are they okay with windows that don’t open, a kitchen on a credit card 🤯, and not being able to afford bedsheets?

Why is someone who is relying on their parents to buy them bedding even after they’ve bought them a house telling us what to buy…

Reactions: 10
Couldn’t afford bedsheets?? What a load of old twaddle. She makes this tit up for content and to keep up the frugal/poor shctick

Reactions: 11
Couldn’t afford bedsheets?? What a load of old twaddle. She makes this tit up for content and to keep up the frugal/poor shctick
I think it’s more this. The bunny costume her daughter has on is £50 (I bought it as I can’t resist such things & told myself two kids can wear it for years 🤪). I think she asked her parents for nicer stuff at Christmas but no way she couldn’t have afford basic sheets.

Reactions: 8
Given her commitment to buying low value crap she doesn’t need, I’m sure she could have popped into TK Maxx in Wood Green for king sized sheets.

Over the past few weeks she’s been to IKEA to buy crap “because they’re closing”, clothes from COS, paid for someone to tile the side return, bought a load of plants and gardening bits, bought some not particularly needed second hand stuff from that virtue signalling place for the kids, plus the ubiquitous photo frames and candles. I’m calling bollocks she couldn’t scrape together £100 or so since Christmas for sheets.

Reactions: 12
I always get the sense that she has to throw in comments like ‘we can’t afford this’, ‘we had to save up to do that’ as and when she remembers that she is meant to be money conscious and on brand for her supposed frugal lifestyle.

As we all know though this is total bollox as most days she’s out buying tat and is rather economic with the truth about bigger ticket spends e.g. holidays and the secret extension!!

Reactions: 10
Wait so is she saying they couldn’t use the bed til Christmas because they had no sheets? Or did they sleep on it with no sheets? Either way it’s total bullshit. The thing that MIGHT be a hidden cost that you’d forget about is needing a king sized DUVET. Duvets are more expensive than you might think for a decent one. Either way it’s total nonsense. They could have just bought a new bottom sheet (£5-10) and kept on using the old stuff.

You can get a decent bed sheet set for £25 if you look, and apparently she’s meant to be a bargain hunter!!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Alex is a gaslighter. Her mode of operation is to convince women of the same age and social set up as her to buy things. She has built this around a fabricated concept that she is skint and only has nice things through saving hard and cutting back in areas of their lives such as their weekly shop.
They have disposable income than the majority of her peers. Because she fails to be fully transparent about:

family help
Gifted items
Gifted food or events out to eat
Gifted holidays

she may put a tiny ‘PR discount’ on a post, but she has never spoken in any detail that how, together, these privilege’s allow for a very luxurious life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Alex is a gaslighter. Her mode of operation is to convince women of the same age and social set up as her to buy things. She has built this around a fabricated concept that she is skint and only has nice things through saving hard and cutting back in areas of their lives such as their weekly shop.
They have disposable income than the majority of her peers. Because she fails to be fully transparent about:

family help
Gifted items
Gifted food or events out to eat
Gifted holidays

she may put a tiny ‘PR discount’ on a post, but she has never spoken in any detail that how, together, these privilege’s allow for a very luxurious life.
I want to give her the benefit of the doubt & say that when she started the blog she was probably a lot more skint. The concept doesn’t fit her lifestyle now as much. “Frugal” is open to interpretation. Alex clearly makes a lot of unnecessary purchases by a lot of people’s standards. Then has help with bigger costs.

Reactions: 4
‘We bought Sourdough as we don’t go out and this is a small luxury for us’ OH GET FUCKED HUN 😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
‘We bought Sourdough as we don’t go out and this is a small luxury for us’ OH GET FUCKED HUN 😭😭😭
Just saw that on her post and had to re read multiple times to check I was understanding it properly. Absolutely gobsmacking. She’s beyond parody.

• Haha
Just saw that on her post and had to re read multiple times to check I was understanding it properly. Absolutely gobsmacking. She’s beyond parody.
I don’t work in the medical field and I’m very much not a perfect parent so I dislike parent shaming. That said, she lives in a large house in London, buys the kids tons of toys & clothes but feeds them cheap bread. I’ve no doubt they eat better than a lot of kids but it still strange.

Me again. But I feel compelled to come back as that sourdough post has really pissed me off.

She’s playing at being poor. Does she duck have to make decisions about going out or buying sourdough.

It does not even compare to the heating v eating debate. She is a fraud and has no clue what life is like for those truly having to make difficult financial decisions on a daily basis.

Reactions: 20
I call bullshit, as whenever she shows her egg sarnie based meal plan, there is at least one day where she has written OUT. I honestly think she rewrites stuff in her own head to convince herself she’s poor. When in fact she is just feeling hard done by compared to her perceived peers (privately educated former magazine stylists like Laura Fantacci, Sarah Tomczak and the girls from This is Mothership), who have husbands that actually go out to work and earn very well - as opposed to sitting around bumming off their wife’s insta page and laying 2 tiles a day.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.