The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The presentation is still from when Dustin was there as well where are the new graphics or segments or anything besides the same crap you’ve been doing for years ago but now with less talented people, Craig step your game up. I still can’t get over the audacity they Ryan thinks the “work” he does should be enough to cover a bleeping home.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Finally unsubbed from the podcast & did the YT a while ago. Let me know if anything big happens.

(Also, you know it's bad when a stan from atleast 8 years ago unsubs.)

Reactions: 7
The podcast is completely useless. Old news. A bunch of whining and complaining and Erika has the personality of a corpse. Unlistenable garbage.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
lol guys.. craig is now responding to youtube comments from his personal account. i think someone scolded him for being a dick under the dis’s acc 💀

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To me the problem seems like they also don’t give a duck about the audience and are completely unlikeable. We have two people who are socially awkward and have anxiety. There’s never any interaction in the comments, except for nasty or sharp responses.

They have had that YouTube channel since 2006 and Mammoth Club has had the channel since this year and has more subscribers than them. Craig needs to scout talent and hide behind the scenes trust me Ryan and Erica aren’t it.

Reactions: 9
Can anyone answer this for me. A year ago when I found this website, I told my friends about it and they found a few other websites also talking about me. One of them was saying I’m like a dumb slut or whatever but also a ‘confirmed tank top wearer.’
This has become a joke within my friend group because it’s a funny sentence, but does anyone know where it originates? I highly doubt I wore tank tops on the DIS so I just can’t figure out this origin and I don’t remember where the source comment was from.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
They mentioned they haven’t sold out the event. I would have considered going but I don’t feel comfortable supporting this team. It’s not just because of stuff I have read here, I had already observed enough in the optics that made me leery.

Well I would have liked to have gone to the original version of the party anyways. I think the Avengers campus version is a downgrade unfortunately with less to do. This isn’t John’s fault, they closed TSMM for a refurb and John did the best he could. In my mind Webslinger and TSMM are basically equivalent rides, but they lost the other 4 small rides and boardwalk games with the change. I did think it was unfair of Disney to give the Dis such short notice about the refurb and I think John actually had to reach out to THEM, rather than DL being proactive. To his credit, it was good of John to work with people who were unhappy with the change.

Getting to mingle with the team just doesn’t have the same appeal as it did 2-3 years ago. Also, for previous events it was really seeing other posters from the boards that was part of the draw, meeting people IRL and that community has been eroded by Patreon, etc.

Reactions: 8
They mentioned they haven’t sold out the event. I would have considered going but I don’t feel comfortable supporting this team. It’s not just because of stuff I have read here, I had already observed enough in the optics that made me leery.

Well I would have liked to have gone to the original version of the party anyways. I think the Avengers campus version is a downgrade unfortunately with less to do. This isn’t John’s fault, they closed TSMM for a refurb and John did the best he could. In my mind Webslinger and TSMM are basically equivalent rides, but they lost the other 4 small rides and boardwalk games with the change. I did think it was unfair of Disney to give the Dis such short notice about the refurb and I think John actually had to reach out to THEM, rather than DL being proactive. To his credit, it was good of John to work with people who were unhappy with the change.

Getting to mingle with the team just doesn’t have the same appeal as it did 2-3 years ago. Also, for previous events it was really seeing other posters from the boards that was part of the draw, meeting people IRL and that community has been eroded by Patreon, etc.
Well you have to remember that Patreon are "Pete's people," (as he calls them).
---
Can anyone answer this for me. A year ago when I found this website, I told my friends about it and they found a few other websites also talking about me. One of them was saying I’m like a dumb slut or whatever but also a ‘confirmed tank top wearer.’
This has become a joke within my friend group because it’s a funny sentence, but does anyone know where it originates? I highly doubt I wore tank tops on the DIS so I just can’t figure out this origin and I don’t remember where the source comment was from.
You must have some pretty thick skin. Unfortunately I only know about the tattle life website because of you talking about it in that one video on moving to Orlando. And thank you for doing that!

Reactions: 2
I definitely remember dumb slut however, nothing about a tank top.

mingle with who…?? what member of the group seems like they’re interested in hanging out with you when they meet someone they don’t even remember their names, talk down or their audience, or even interact with them outside out telling them if you don’t like it leave they don’t give a duck about you

Don't know exactly when or how many times but for some reason, I DO remember you in a tank top. If, in your mind, you would never wear a tank top "in studio" or in a zoom discussion, maybe you were at Aulani or at the parks.
I take that all back if you don't even own one and then I am crazy.

Reactions: 7
Don't know exactly when or how many times but for some reason, I DO remember you in a tank top. If, in your mind, you would never wear a tank top "in studio" or in a zoom discussion, maybe you were at Aulani or at the parks.
I do as well, either Aulani or maybe when you then went to one of the Asia Disney Parks on the trip?

Screenshot 2023-07-13 9.54.59 AM.png

That sounded familiar to me so I googled it. It was from Guru Gossip in 2020.

I am so glad you are here, I enjoy your well-written posts and insight.

oh it might’ve been Aulani. I wear tank tops all the time, I just can’t imagine me doing it on camera for the show but I bet I would’ve in aulani because those were more impromptu.
---
View attachment 2305553

That sounded familiar to me so I googled it. It was from Guru Gossip in 2020.

I am so glad you are here, I enjoy your well-written posts and insight.
yep that’s the one. I can confirm that I am a noted tank top wearer. I truly didn’t know that was notable in any way. I’m glad it wasn’t picked up on dateline or by the New York Times or anything. But I’m glad we can finally put the rumors to rest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I definitely remember dumb slut however, nothing about a tank top.

mingle with who…?? what member of the group seems like they’re interested in hanging out with you when they meet someone they don’t even remember their names, talk down or their audience, or even interact with them outside out telling them if you don’t like it leave they don’t give a duck about you
I would only being interested in meeting John as he is the only one with a business mind and intelligence. I would tell him though to do some serious updates to the dreams site and not put Corey on the job that's for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
@The Mando - Any insight to Pete’s continued fascination with DVC given he doesn’t even go to the pares? He still shows up on the DVC shows and seems engaged. Contractual thing with World of DVC maybe? still loves buying contracts and collecting points so he can brag “I own there” any time any resort is mentioned? Brag about all the points he owns (but probably rents most of them since he never seems to do any but cruise). I just don’t get it.

I’ve spent the past few days reading the disunplugged threads and it’s like reading a tell all. Love it!! I’ve been a longtime follower of the Dis and was a Patreon number for a few years but it’s really taken a nose dive. I can’t stand Erika and while I don’t mind Ryno and Craig, they just aren’t enough to carry the Tuesday show. Half of the show they don’t even talk about Disney anymore. Do they even know who their audience is?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@The Mando - Any insight to Pete’s continued fascination with DVC given he doesn’t even go to the pares? He still shows up on the DVC shows and seems engaged. Contractual thing with World of DVC maybe? still loves buying contracts and collecting points so he can brag “I own there” any time any resort is mentioned? Brag about all the points he owns (but probably rents most of them since he never seems to do any but cruise). I just don’t get it.
He just likes to spend money, usually on the thing that he's currently into. I remember going shopping at Nordstrom (or something like that) with Pete when he was dating Sean (near the beginning), and Pete was buying TONS of clothes for Sean (mainly camo). He spent probably a few thousand dollars just on Sean. He even bought himself an $800 pair of shoes. I didn't even know they made shoes that expensive. So Pete just spends tons of money on whatever he is obsessed with at that moment. And if he's able to brag about it (like DVC), then it's even better for him!

I started watching the Dis Unplugged at the time when Oliver was still there and I remember being shocked when he suddenly vanished. I had no idea about all the drama that had transpired over the years. I followed Oliver's "This Orlando Life" until that suddenly stopped. I'll never forget spotting Oliver's ex as a waiter in the background of a Tim Tracker video at the Snow White character meal at Wilderness Lodge. It's the Disney Vlogger Multiverse!

I had never seen the shows with Dustin and "the other" Shaun. Dustin was gorgeous. Poor guy was like a gazelle in a lion's den. I'm glad he ultimately got out of there, even if it was a little too late (according to what has been revealed on the boards).

I know Fiasco was polarizing, but I thought he was adorable. Probably for the best that he left though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Did Pete duck fiasco? @The Mando
Absolutely not
---
The irony of this. Back in late 2018, Tom of DVCstore (the owner) reached out to Pete as they had been a long time advertiser on DISboards and wanted to increase the role they played. Since I really had no job at the DIS and had been there over a year, I jumped to take over that project. Early 2019 rolled around we met with their staff a number of times and I suggested to Pete that we do a DVC show and he should purchase a DVC contract to better understand what he is trying to sell to people. (Pete and John had a contract in the 90s but kept that in the split so it had been 2 decades)

Pete LOST it on me. Fired me from the project, blocked me on his phone for days and just threatened me with anything he could throw at me because he thought I was trying to manipulate him into buying into DVC. I told him I wasn’t and genuinely thought it would make sense for him to know more about the product. He refused and just thought I wanted him to get DVC so that I could use his points. Eventually he calmed down and put me back over the project and within like 6 months he had multiple contracts. Last I knew he was around 1300 points but no idea now. But just the sheer level of tit I got for suggesting This radical concept of understand a product you sell, only for him to buy so much of it.

I did also create the text-in program that DVCstore still uses to this day. Slicktext was already a company but they hadn’t ever had the product used in that way, so people can just sign up and get a text alert when a contract comes up that fits their use year, price, resort and point number and it made it where people didn’t have a need to shop around because they would just get alerted by the target company. So I felt it was a good product for sure. -

none of that paragraph was relevant, im just bragging lol.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.