The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Listen let’s not pretend like Oliver wasn’t the same as all of them. Oliver used his ex-husband to get his American citizenship and as soon as he had it they were divorced. That’s why his channel died. Oliver was absolutely right to leave the Dis after how Pete treated him. He was absolutely wrong in his subsequent actions. Spencer certainly wasn’t the brightest bulb and I have no idea if this was some sort of conspiracy or agreement but it was absolutely a scam of the system because as soon as Oliver was sworn in as a citizen, that marriage ended. Oliver turned on his “friends” the same way Pete and Ryan did the minute they were no longer useful. The is after Dustin’s time and before Sean’s, so neither of them have first hand knowledge of this little part of DIs cultish lunacy.
---

Pete tried to force Oliver to work on a night his parents were visiting from the UK. Oliver had told Pete this weeks in advance. Pete berated Oliver in front of the whole staff for not coming to film him at a dinner that Pete had with his family, minutes before the show went live. Oliver had enough and emailed Pete that he quit later that night and spent the next few days with his visiting family. And I highly doubt Ryan cried about any of it. Ryan refused to even hang out with Oliver after he left because Pete dictates who his staff can associate with and Ryan is a heartless narcissist who has no ability to feel an emotional attachment about anything and didn’t wanna lose his job.
Wow!

I remember watching Oliver's channel and learning that JenniLynn used to be on the Dis Unplugged, too. And then learning on Guru Gossip and Tattle about all the drama with her and Pete. JL and her British boyfriend/husband (?) were regulars on Oliver's channel. They all seemed really close. Then just radio silence.

Nailed it! Anyone remember Drake? So sad.
Poor Flynn Rider did not last long.

Reactions: 3
So was Drake Flynn Rider? Is he still a Disney performer? How did he get hired? Was he a boyfriend of Pete?

Wow!

I remember watching Oliver's channel and learning that JenniLynn used to be on the Dis Unplugged, too. And then learning on Guru Gossip and Tattle about all the drama with her and Pete. JL and her British boyfriend/husband (?) were regulars on Oliver's channel. They all seemed really close. Then just radio silence.

Poor Flynn Rider did not last long.
I remember jl later talking about her previous job being the most toxic work environment she was ever In. She seems to be doing well working for Disney. Also apparently her and Tom (the British guy) broke up because I saw on Instagram that she was married and it is to someone else. She was engaged to Tom at one point but no idea why they broke up.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It really is a revolving door over there....so can we put Erika in it and give it a good shove? :ROFLMAO: Was hoping she'd be out in a few months like the rest, but of course she had to be one who stuck around. Pete seems like the type to call her on her bullshit like her not going to HHN or not wanting to meet up with the others in the parks to do her job like Ryno was saying in an aftershow. I wouldn't think she could withstand one of Pete's hissy fits with her "anxiety" and all. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It really is a revolving door over there....so can we put Erika in it and give it a good shove? :ROFLMAO: Was hoping she'd be out in a few months like the rest, but of course she had to be one who stuck around. Pete seems like the type to call her on her bullshit like her not going to HHN or not wanting to meet up with the others in the parks to do her job like Ryno was saying in an aftershow. I wouldn't think she could withstand one of Pete's hissy fits with her "anxiety" and all. :ROFLMAO:
I think she's just benefiting from good timing. It's clear Pete isn't interested in the Dis Unplugged right now and lord knows Ryno and Craig aren't the type to kick someone into gear.

I think losing Panda was a big blow. I know opinions are mixed on him (I personally though he was fine), but at the very least he's much more professional than the rest of the crew. I was stunned when Pete didn't announce him as the new host for the Dis Unplugged, as he is far superior to Ryno or Craig at that role. I'd be willing to bet Panda leaving was a shock to Pete and the mess we have now is Pete hoping and praying that Craig/Ryno/Erika are able to cobble a product together. Shockingly, they've failed to do so.

I'd love to know more about how other people working for the Dis feel about Craig and Ryno. When Pete was running the show, they constantly had other panel members (Theresa, John, Kevin, Corey, etc.). The current show has just been the three stooges ever since Pete retired, with minimal exception. You can't rope in a content writer to spice up your dying podcast? I remember them inviting patreon members to contribute in the past, but they can't seem to get anyone else on.

The ship is sinking. Unless Pete wakes up, it's going to continue to spiral. Craig will probably be okay if the Dis doesn't work out, as others have noted he's a talented behind-the-camera contributor. Erika is awful but she's so young and probably better suited to writing/social media management than on-air performance, so she'd land on her feet, too. Ryno is fricked though, dude's pushing forty and has no discernable skills other than reviewing hot dogs and talking about power rangers toys.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think she's just benefiting from good timing. It's clear Pete isn't interested in the Dis Unplugged right now and lord knows Ryno and Craig aren't the type to kick someone into gear.

I think losing Panda was a big blow. I know opinions are mixed on him (I personally though he was fine), but at the very least he's much more professional than the rest of the crew. I was stunned when Pete didn't announce him as the new host for the Dis Unplugged, as he is far superior to Ryno or Craig at that role. I'd be willing to bet Panda leaving was a shock to Pete and the mess we have now is Pete hoping and praying that Craig/Ryno/Erika are able to cobble a product together. Shockingly, they've failed to do so.

I'd love to know more about how other people working for the Dis feel about Craig and Ryno. When Pete was running the show, they constantly had other panel members (Theresa, John, Kevin, Corey, etc.). The current show has just been the three stooges ever since Pete retired, with minimal exception. You can't rope in a content writer to spice up your dying podcast? I remember them inviting patreon members to contribute in the past, but they can't seem to get anyone else on.

The ship is sinking. Unless Pete wakes up, it's going to continue to spiral. Craig will probably be okay if the Dis doesn't work out, as others have noted he's a talented behind-the-camera contributor. Erika is awful but she's so young and probably better suited to writing/social media management than on-air performance, so she'd land on her feet, too. Ryno is fricked though, dude's pushing forty and has no discernable skills other than reviewing hot dogs and talking about power rangers toys.
The fire is real in this post! Ryno is almost 40 and still doing this…? Ouch.

Craig keeps trying to make himself a thing on camera, you have absolutely zero influence Craig you don’t have the personality to do that, and it’s ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Yeah, I enjoyed Panda's contributions to the show as well. However, I think Erika is going to have the hardest time if she ever moves on due to her spoiled, entitled, and prissy attitude. She just flat out refused to go to HHN though it was one of her duties and wasn't willing to meet up with the team in the parks to do reviews at first either. Do my job? Nah, not feelin' it. She may get hired, but I don't think many workplaces will put up with her bs for long.

Reactions: 6
Erica considers herself a content creator and writer. I have read some pieces she was foolish enough to sign. She has no grasp of the language and can’t write. She’s clearly uneducated. She claims to be married and have a wonderful wife, I hope that woman pulls in a hefty income because she married an unemployable lazy person.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I watched a little bit of the Eeyore Trio reviewing the Princess Meal at Epcot. Can you imagine the conversations those college girl characters have behind closed doors about these vloggers coming in to review the food? Maybe next, the Dis can go review the dining options at a Chuck E Cheese.

• Haha
  • Heart
I watched a little bit of the Eeyore Trio reviewing the Princess Meal at Epcot. Can you imagine the conversations those college girl characters have behind closed doors about these vloggers coming in to review the food? Maybe next, the Dis can go review the dining options at a Chuck E Cheese.
Ryno and Craig complaining that it was too loud in the CHILDREN'S CHARACTER MEAL.

I'm always so disgusted by how out of touch these people are when it comes to food reviews. Sean mentioned earlier that none of the Dis crew should be food reviewers, but at least Pete, Charles, Steve, etc. would give context to their restaurant experience and try to do a review in earnest.

Every time the current trio goes out to eat, it's like watching a boring group of friends trying a place and being disturbed when the place isn't appealing to their millenial sensibilities. Like, of course T-Rex is going to be loud and flashy, it's a themed restaurant to entertain kids. Why are you knocking it for doing exactly what it intends to do?

Reactions: 13
I just realized today that "Moving to Orlando" completely imploded. I guess that happened 3+ months ago, shows you how much I give a duck.

Reactions: 5
Pete released another solo show! He hasn’t done once since March and said it’s because he has been battling severe depression. Pete may be an asshole to everyone around him but I don’t wish mental health struggles on anyone. He said he asked people close to him to help by checking in on and him and the ones that didn’t do that are now no longer a part of his life (thinking this might be what happened to Panda) but wonder who else?! He said he would very surprised by who wasn’t there for him and while he doesn’t wish them any ill will (yea right) that he just won’t let them in his life any longer.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Pete released another solo show! He hasn’t done once since March and said it’s because he has been battling severe depression. Pete may be an asshole to everyone around him but I don’t wish mental health struggles on anyone. He said he asked people close to him to help by checking in on and him and the ones that didn’t do that are now no longer a part of his life (thinking this might be what happened to Panda) but wonder who else?! He said he would very surprised by who wasn’t there for him and while he doesn’t wish them any ill will (yea right) that he just won’t let them in his life any longer.
Did he mention if he is still engaged?

Reactions: 1
I feel that medical issues, physical or mental, cannot become the burden of paid employees. You cannot mix business and personal life to that extent, it isn’t healthy for anyone to blur the lines like that.

Certainly, employees to whom you are close will know you need some extra bolstering but you need to lean on family and medical professionals and get help in appropriate places. Drama and business don’t play well together. He is wrong to keep or fire employees according to how his emotional meter is pegged.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I do have a request if anyone knows how. When I first tried to make an account, I was auto-banned when I tried to make my first post. I was able to take over this account from a friend that had made it and was posting stuff.

I was contacted by Dustin, who used to be on the show. He found my posts here and he reached out to me and we had a great phone call and traded war stories. I think it was cathartic for both of us, since we both had a similar experience (but different enough) and it’s hard for people to understand or relate. Posting here helped me decompress, as I was not in a good place mentally this time last year and Dustin expressed interest in posting here, but wanted to be certain that this was a topic he wanted to revisit.

Mod edit, if you think the system has spammed someone by mistake contact mods in forum support or email. When someone joins the site its good to make a proper first post and not just post "hello"
This really interesting to me. I would have thought that Sean was treated way worse than Dustin. I assumed Dustin was treated pretty good from Pete, and that Sean was in the abusive relationship due to Pete's depression about Dustin (Sean being the rebound). But I guess i was wrong! Pete is just an asshole to all of his boyfriends! It makes me wonder how Pete treated John when they were together. But Pete always talked to me about how amazing Dustin was, so I just thought Pete must've treated him really nicely.
I would love if Dustin came in here and shared his experiences, but I get it if he doesn't want to revisit that part of his past.

Reactions: 6
I don't wish poor mental health on anyone but I wouldn't be surprised if the "friends" that didn't check in with him are people he treated like crap. I'm sure there are plenty of "friends" in Pete's life that tolerate his attitude and behavior because they're dependent on the paycheck or just don't want to deal with his verbal abuse

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.