The DisUnplugged #4 They tried to make Pete go to rehab, but he said I need my phone!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've always heard that everyone should do it at least once just for the experiencec of being inside the castle but the menu never looked that appealing and now the cost has gone up even more I feel even less interest in going.
I'd agree with this. I took my daughter to dinner at the castle for her 17th birthday (because COVID made it so that I couldn't do anything for her Sweet 16). It was cool, but definitely a one and done. I'm glad we did it for sure because it's a memory we get to have together but when we went last year there wasn't even a mention of doing it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Can any of you answer how it is ok that Pete hires people based on how attracted he is to them, but because pete is a man and he is hiring men it is fine? If Pete only hired hooters type woman everyone would be in an uproar.

Just wondering why everyone gives him a pass on what is clearly predatory behavior.

Reactions: 4
Can any of you answer how it is ok that Pete hires people based on how attracted he is to them, but because pete is a man and he is hiring men it is fine? If Pete only hired hooters type woman everyone would be in an uproar.

Just wondering why everyone gives him a pass on what is clearly predatory behavior.
It's not fine to be honest. We as a society have this weird double standard when it comes to stuff like this. When a straight man only hires women he is attracted to, its rightfully considered inappropriate and predatory. But when a queer man hires young men he's attracted to, straight people usually think it's funny and harmless.
Im a gay man, and I have definitely been in situations where I have only been hired because the gay boss liked the way I look. One boss eventually started flirting with me and making innapropriate comments to me. I was extremely uncomfortable, but my coworkers thought it was hilarious. They saw it as nonthreatening and thought that I was overreacting.
I think its because heteronormative standards also effect who people feel empathy towards. I don't want to say that people feel less empathy towards a male victim, but I think that society has taught us that men cannot be victims of sexual harassment.
Thank you for bringing this up!

Reactions: 13
I’m amazed that nobody has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against creepy Pete yet. The way he behaves is not okay.

Reactions: 7
Pete’s burping/regurgitating during DisUnplugged this week was out of control.

It was disgusting.

Whoever is reading this from the show, please tell Pete that his burping with bulging eyes isn’t a sexy look.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I tried using them for a cruise once to check out the on board credits since I was doing two staterooms. When I decided to cancel the cruises it took over a week for the rep to respond to my email about cancelling and another two weeks for it to show cancelled with Disney and a refund sent to me. Ultimately for me I'd rather be able to call and make changes on the phone or on the DCL website than get the on board credits and not be able to have that freedom. Perfect example was last year we did a cruise and I was able to upgrade us to concierge a couple of weeks out because I was doing it on my own (it was for my daughter and her boyfriend's HS graduation). If I had been doing it through an agent I probably would have lost the spot and not been able to make other adjustments after that leading up to the trip since we were doing WDW for a few days prior. Ultimately, the planning part of the trips is fun for me so I'd rather keep it in my hands.
I don't understand how they stay in business this way. They have terrible customer service, their site looks like something from the world wide web days, you don't even get the best prices as you would if you fiddle with the Disney site and get instant quotes and can keep tweeking etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't understand how they stay in business this way. They have terrible customer service, their site looks like something from the world wide web days, you don't even get the best prices as you would if you fiddle with the Disney site and get instant quotes and can keep tweeking etc.
I'm one of the weird people who used a travel agent previously (not Dreams). Started booking my own stuff and it's so much easier.

Put in a set of dates, check price, put in new set of dates, compare price, etc etc. SO much faster and easier.

I'm one of the weird people who used a travel agent previously (not Dreams). Started booking my own stuff and it's so much easier.

Put in a set of dates, check price, put in new set of dates, compare price, etc etc. SO much faster and easier.
It's fine to use an agent if they are responsive and also if their site has instant quotes etc

I’m amazed that nobody has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against creepy Pete yet. The way he behaves is not okay.
I'm also wondering why John hasn't sat him down and been like, "dude, stop it." Pete's behavior could potentially hurt John too.

Reactions: 8
I'm also wondering why John hasn't sat him down and been like, "dude, stop it." Pete's behavior could potentially hurt John too.
John's just happy cashing those checks. Let me preference that John is my favorite member of the team and he'd probably be successful on his own. However, the success of DIS and Dreams is on Pete.

Reactions: 5
Pretty interesting update on the Moving to Orlando front. Ruben and his wife are moving out of state for personal reasons. So, Sean is back into the business with his husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Pretty interesting update on the Moving to Orlando front. Ruben and his wife are moving out of state for personal reasons. So, Sean is back into the business with his husband.
Ruben always gave me the "used car salesman" vibe.

• Haha
I just listened to the last Tuesday show. Julie literally said she would love a drag show on Main Street, and everyone agreed that they would love that...what the actual hell is wrong with these people?!

• Wow
I saw that. The post is made by Sean’s husband and he refers to Pete as one of the previous owners. So looks like they made some kind of agreement to get him out. Probably why Sean came back.

I just listened to the last Tuesday show. Julie literally said she would love a drag show on Main Street, and everyone agreed that they would love that...what the actual hell is wrong with these people?!
I don't understand, what's wrong with this?

• Sick
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.